Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 09:36 PM

965 posts, read 1,886,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN55 View Post
On thing that is clear is there is no rivalry between our hotdish up here in MN and hotdish anywhere else in the world!!

I LOVE HOTDISH!

1/3 cup butter or margarine
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon dried fine herbs, crushed
3 cups cubed cooked beef or lamb
1 10-ounce package frozen mixed vegetables, cooked
1 8-ounce can small whole onions, drained
1/2 cup rose wine or beef broth
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3 cups seasoned mashed potatoes
1/2 to 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

1. In a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour. Gradually stir in milk and fines herbes. Cook and stir over medium heat until sauce thickens and bubbles. Stir in meat, vegetables, onions, wine, and pepper. Pour into a 2-quart casserole. Spoon mashed potatoes around the edge.

2. Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 30 minutes. Sprinkle top with cheddar cheese and bake about 10 minutes more or until mixture is bubbly and potatoes are brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Makes 6 servings.
Sounds delicious, but I'll have to pass. My hindquarters are already ample and divine enough to stop traffic as I jog and have caused many fights between potential gentlemen callers and many dirty stares from jealous wenches without eating all that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 09:38 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,823,253 times
What's the difference?!

Old 08-17-2010, 11:53 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,914,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
What's the difference?!
Typical "outsiders" response....

Old 08-18-2010, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by portyhead24 View Post
How exactly did I make your point when I pointed out that Ft. Worth's downtown is nothing spectacular and is nothing more than a glorified playground for suburbanites who want to come to a "neat" and "safe" entertainment district (practically the ONLY entertainment district in FW for that matter) devoid of any sort of personality? I'm sorry but downtown is a bore. It's funny when people try to talk about how plastic and fake Dallas is, Downtown FW is the most plastic downtown I've ever encountered. Downtown FW is the type of place where top 40 lovers think is hip and happenin. Just sayin.
Yeah well, the rest of the country doesn't seem to think so, and because of it, it's considered by many as one of the best tourist destinations in Texas despite what Dallasites have to say about it..... Just sayin.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:09 AM

4,775 posts, read 8,845,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by portyhead24 View Post
How exactly did I make your point when I pointed out that Ft. Worth's downtown is nothing spectacular and is nothing more than a glorified playground for suburbanites who want to come to a "neat" and "safe" entertainment district (practically the ONLY entertainment district in FW for that matter) devoid of any sort of personality? I'm sorry but downtown is a bore. It's funny when people try to talk about how plastic and fake Dallas is, Downtown FW is the most plastic downtown I've ever encountered. Downtown FW is the type of place where top 40 lovers think is hip and happenin. Just sayin.
I don't know stretching from sundance square over to clubs near the stock yards its pretty active with young folks during the evenings especially on the weekends. You really sound like a hater.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:19 AM

5,251 posts, read 13,823,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Typical "outsiders" response....
Typical? More like Ironic.
But you obviously didn't catch the hint.

Old 08-18-2010, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
Typical? More like Ironic.
But you obviously didn't catch the hint.
No... but I hear that ALL the time. And just to let you know, that's as bad as saying that Fort Worth is a suburb.... It's a little insulting, but you'd have to actually be here to understand.

Old 08-18-2010, 08:44 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,961,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
what happened to ladarron?
I think because of his age. You have to be 16 or 18 to sign up here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
There is obviously some idiots commenting on that article, but some seemed pretty level headed too. Either way, I dont think you can take them as reps of Dallas or Fort Worth any more than you can make CD posters into typical resdients.

There were some good points made. One of the main complaints about the Superbowl in Houston was that people had to drive everywhere. In Fort Worth, they wont have to. Tons of bars, clubs, and resturants all within walking distance. Dallas would just be a repeat of Houston.

Some of the people posting in that article (and by default some people on CD) need more personal problems. If some of you had more real problems, you wouldnt worry about stupid things like which city has more trees, which city has better food, or which city has more hills.

I like that she says she isnt going to play into the Texas stereotype.
That wasn't a widespread complaint about Houston. Main Street, during the "Main Event' nights, was like a wide Bourbon during the Super Bowl in Houston. Houston was pretty centalized, especially considering the stadium was seven miles away from Downtown on light rail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
More times than not, they do work together. Look at DFW airport. Without both of them helping each other (helping themselves), there might not be a DFW. And look at all the growth around that airport. Its a catalyst of North Texas history.
You know the Feds made DFW happen. Fort Worth wanted to build/continue building it's own international airport, but the Feds wouldn't fund it and said no. That's where the joint airport happened.

Old 08-18-2010, 08:51 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,510,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
.... just read some of these comments.

UNfair Park

And this comes from something that the ENTIRE DFW area worked on together. . . . .
You're overstating JJG. Most people from this area could care less.

Yes, you do get the occasional smug Dallasite making a comment about backward Cowtown, but that is pretty rare.

IMHO = Fort Worth is a much nicer area to live.

Old 08-18-2010, 09:18 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,946,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
You know the Feds made DFW happen. Fort Worth wanted to build/continue building it's own international airport, but the Feds wouldn't fund it and said no. That's where the joint airport happened.

But doesn't that setup - the DFW airport make the most logical and logistical sense?

Personally I am glad my taxes didn't help pay for two when one is better

Honestly outside of the area I think most people see the Metro as a pretty cohesive and economically strong area. Whether it be Dallas, Irving, Arlington, Ft Worth etc - I think most view it as one area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City