Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 01:14 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,639,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
Yeah it is true what you said, NY, TX and Cali are the states that people are most proud of, I do not know why is that, but is true.
Please provide some proof of this. Since you say it is true I am sure you have some data to back this up rather than it just being your opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2010, 11:19 PM

1,214 posts, read 2,519,304 times
Every state has a ton of pride. Did anyone not see Kansas and Rhode Island going at it in another thread, or New Mexico and New Hampshire, and so many others? Even if it's a state you don't automatically think of as prideful, insult a person's state or city, see what happens. New Hampshire's filled with pride, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Alaska, Alabama, all of em. It's not like everyone living in all the "small" states hates their lives and curses their existence and spends all day wishing they were in NY, CA, or Texas cause those are the only states a person could be proud to call home.

Old 08-23-2010, 01:27 AM

5,251 posts, read 13,814,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
LOL! Most of those guys can be a lot of fun once they size you up.

I just hope you didn't judge the whole area by Lehigh Acres!
We had a blast!
I definitely didn't judge the whole state based off one party in Lehigh Acres. I was spending most of my time in Ft Myers. I also went to Tampa, Cape Coral, Orlando, Miami, and Jacksonville- I was there for a month in a half, I saw that FL had a lot of what I would of never expected.

The reason why I brought up the rednecks (they weren't bad people either) is because FL doesn't mention that in the brochure. They were full of pride is basically what I was trying to getting at.

Old 08-23-2010, 01:35 AM

3,717 posts, read 8,184,507 times
From the Northern part of the state where you can be surrounded by farms and wooded areas where people go hunting everyday. Lakes where people go fishing, dirt roads, one house every 37393739 miles. To the Southern part of the state and the hustle and bustle of Miami's inner-city neighborhoods. And off to Central Florida where there is a mixture of both. But seriously like I said before, North Florida and South Florida are about as opposite as you can get, and probably the most opposite you'll see out of any other states in the country, without leaving the state.

Old 08-23-2010, 07:09 AM

6,143 posts, read 7,554,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missRoxyhart View Post
Every state has a ton of pride. Did anyone not see Kansas and Rhode Island going at it in another thread, or New Mexico and New Hampshire, and so many others? Even if it's a state you don't automatically think of as prideful, insult a person's state or city, see what happens. New Hampshire's filled with pride, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Alaska, Alabama, all of em. It's not like everyone living in all the "small" states hates their lives and curses their existence and spends all day wishing they were in NY, CA, or Texas cause those are the only states a person could be proud to call home.
Nope...we spend all day looking at our unemployment rates and being thankful we don't live in NY or CA.

Old 08-23-2010, 09:56 AM

1,666 posts, read 2,840,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missRoxyhart View Post
Because those states are the most talked about on this forum.. Tx Ca Ny. No one probably saw that thread because alot of people on here dont know anything about those 2 states.. But DAllas Philly Atlanta Houston LA NYC Chicago Boston.. Well mostly the tope 10 metros are always going to show up in the city vs City threads

Last edited by MikeandIke27; 08-23-2010 at 10:54 AM..

Old 08-23-2010, 10:50 AM

996 posts, read 1,896,862 times
What a stupid question. Of course not!

All 50 states give something to America, that we all can be proud of! (...even Jersey)

Old 08-23-2010, 12:02 PM

32,097 posts, read 34,702,478 times
Do New Yorkers have state pride? I get the sense that people are proud to be from the city and not so much the state. When I was in college, kids from upstate NY were treated like outcasts. To a person from New York City, someone from Syracuse and someone from Birmingham are pretty much in the same boat. It's pretty much boroughs or bust.

Personally, I have no state pride, but I have tons of city pride. I couldn't care less about Pittsburgh, Altoona, Harrisburg, Allentown, Reading and Scranton.

Old 08-23-2010, 12:22 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,814,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteNCRepublican View Post
What a stupid question. Of course not!

All 50 states give something to America, that we all can be proud of! (...even Jersey)
NJ was where the 1st US capital was after George Washington won the revolutionary war in NJ gaining the USA's independence..
"Even Jersey" -- Jersey before 90% of states.

"Trenton Makes, the world takes"

Old 08-23-2010, 01:46 PM

2,848 posts, read 6,436,974 times
Funny thing about Georgia. Many (not all) Georgians are proud of their State but don't care much for Atlanta. While many (not all) Atlantan's are proud of Atlanta but don't care for the rest of Georgia. African Americans in Atlanta have a special pride for the city but so do others as well.

Georgians (mostly outside Atlanta) can often become fanatical about their pride for Georgia when it comes to this.

It's this time of year when thousands of Georgians actually become extremly emotional about being Georgians. I mean when I worked on I-75 and saw the endless stream of Georgia Bulldog flag waving emblem wearing vehicles headed South to Jacksonville all day and night long before the big Ga- Fla game you kinda of get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City