Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 02:03 PM

5,509 posts, read 11,875,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
What a stupid thread.
"them's fightin' words!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2010, 02:28 PM

614 posts, read 1,764,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
What a stupid thread.
I agree. Pointless.

Old 09-06-2010, 02:45 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,328,314 times
Lmfao. I can't.

Old 09-06-2010, 04:23 PM

21 posts, read 66,349 times
Everyone putting NYC makes me laugh. I recently lived on Staten Island and my kids were born there, family in Queens and Brooklyn, mother born in the Bronx, cousins and friends in Manhattan. Staten Island is basically the suburbs with better food. The Bronxs can get pretty heavy if you act like everyone is out to get you and put up a face. Brooklyn is cool if you can mind your own business, Queens is pretty family oriented and Manhattan is just a good time. If you're "sizing someone up" at a gas station, you either have some self confidence issues or too much time on your hands.

Old 09-06-2010, 04:28 PM

970 posts, read 2,968,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWCubbedge View Post
If you're "sizing someone up" at a gas station, you either have some self confidence issues or too much time on your hands.
My vote is 'too much time on their hands'.

Old 09-06-2010, 04:35 PM

4,112 posts, read 9,065,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remisc View Post
My vote is 'too much time on their hands'.
Yep, I vote that too - unemployed, broke as hell and hanging around a gas station with nothing better to do.

Lots of time on their hands but NOTHING to lose..

Last edited by urza216; 09-06-2010 at 04:44 PM..

Old 09-06-2010, 04:40 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,328,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWCubbedge View Post
Everyone putting NYC makes me laugh. I recently lived on Staten Island and my kids were born there, family in Queens and Brooklyn, mother born in the Bronx, cousins and friends in Manhattan. Staten Island is basically the suburbs with better food. The Bronxs can get pretty heavy if you act like everyone is out to get you and put up a face. Brooklyn is cool if you can mind your own business, Queens is pretty family oriented and Manhattan is just a good time. If you're "sizing someone up" at a gas station, you either have some self confidence issues or too much time on your hands.
Okay but those are your experiences. Some of my experiences in Queens weren't "pretty family oriented". And you can laugh all you want.

However this is thread is a joke, I laughed myself.

Old 09-06-2010, 04:44 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB1987 View Post
What cities are just straight up tough. Were if you go to a gas station theres gonna be sum goon sizing you up. Only major cities please. TY
Not a "major" city but I spent a week in Fargo on business and those big Norwegian farm kids were the toughest SOBs I ever saw. Saw a fight break out at a 7-Eleven one night when I was there to get some Red Bull and lighter fluid between two groups of kids on tractors and some jv football players from NDSU. Near as I could tell the fight started because the farm kids thought one of the NDSU students dissed his tractor. Even tho those farm kids were outnumbered about 4-to-1, they beat those students 8 different ways and one of them hacked off one of the football players ear with a gigantic chaff knife and ate it. Cops showed up but all they did was tell the NDSU students to stay in their dorms until harvest season was over.

Old 09-06-2010, 04:53 PM

21 posts, read 66,349 times
urza216 - I like the Blood for Blood reference.

Old 09-06-2010, 04:55 PM

970 posts, read 2,968,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
Yep, I vote that too - unemployed, broke as hell and hanging around a gas station with nothing better to do.

Lots of time on their hands but NOTHING to lose..
Exactly. The unemployed never have anything to do, ever. Drive through a poor section of a city at 1 AM, and there will be a bunch of people just walking around, doing nothing. Why? They don't have to go to WORK the next morning, so they have no need to sleep. So, they go outside and stir up trouble. Like 'sizing up people' at gas stations. :P
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City