Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is the liveliest?
Memphis 5 4.13%
New Orleans 15 12.40%
Atlanta 57 47.11%
Philadelphia 13 10.74%
DC 31 25.62%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 12:13 AM

191 posts, read 215,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
Enough said! By the way, black people in the DC area are more educated and have more money than the Philly metro area. Black people in the DC area also out number your metro area. By the way, my family lives in Germantown. I know all about Philly.

Urban Dictionary: chocolate city
Germantown?? Da hell.

Try wynfirld
. . Overbrook
Northeast

Old 06-30-2011, 12:22 AM

149 posts, read 161,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Luxury View Post
Germantown?? Da hell.

Try wynfirld
. . Overbrook
Northeast

That was really to CRAZY lol let's go the zoo.He probably knows Philly from Sesame St.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:31 AM

191 posts, read 215,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly born Jersey raised View Post
That was really to CRAZY lol let's go the zoo.He probably knows Philly from Sesame St.
sesame street is in Philly? Nice.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:33 AM

Any way here are some more mostly "Black" clubs.The ones that play hip hop reggae techno wich most dobut anyway here ya go.

G LOUNGE, CLUB MOET, FLUID, SHAMPOO,SISTERS (TECHNO,PROGRESSIVE HOUSE) WITH "BLACK" BRAZILIANS a lot of the chicks go both ways but there TOUGH i'm part portuguese,brazilian, black & a straight man but love house so.....,700 CLUB ,VAULT ULTRA LOUNGE,BRASILS RESTAURANT & NIGHTSPOT(salsa upstairs hiphop downstairs)....check em.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban luxury View Post
sesame street is in philly? Nice.

hahaha!! Hell yeah we even got a amusement park called "sesame place" ....take ya kids go see "oscar":d.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:40 AM

13,727 posts, read 15,751,203 times
Quote:
dude for first off shut the hell up, you sound ignorant
2. What makes you think blue collar means uneducated. Who are you to say that.
3. Philly is class A to big woop.
How about you learn about the collars before you talk trash.

Last time I checked my good friend works in a plant probably making more than you. He also went to temple and got a degree in engineering. He makes well over 80k. So saying blue collar workers are uneducated is dumb.
Pump the brakes!..lol...Nobody is saying everyone is uneducated that is blue collar. Try to put what I said back in context since you took it out of context. I was speaking about his claim that black DC residents aren't making much money and have high unemployment compared to white residents. I was explaining that the high unemployment across the river is mainly because of the lack of blue collar jobs in their community. The high poverty and low education level as well as the amount of residents with a record makes it very hard to get a job in that area of DC. Philly is not on the same level as DC from a professional standpoint on sheer numbers of white collar jobs so I don't even know why you challenged that. Plenty of people make money in blue collar jobs but there has to be a job to work at also.

The city is trying to change that though. They are bringing a ton of new projects across the river providing economic development that will create new construction jobs and retail jobs in ward 7 and 8 which badly needs it. You need to slow down and read before you respond. I was describing wards 7 and 8 which is spot on. Nobody is talking about you and people you know.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Germantown?? Da hell.

Try wynfirld
. . Overbrook
Northeast
What are you talking about? Who said that was the only place I have been in Philly? I just said that is where my family lives in Philly. I have been to many parts of the city. What is your point though?

Old 06-30-2011, 12:42 AM

Quote:
dude for first off shut the hell up, you sound ignorant
2. What makes you think blue collar means uneducated. Who are you to say that.
3. Philly is class A to big woop.
How about you learn about the collars before you talk trash.

Last time I checked my good friend works in a plant probably making more than you. He also went to temple and got a degree in engineering. He makes well over 80k. So saying blue collar workers are uneducated is dumb.

Really arrogant & elitist of him & that's all he's claiming...& any way i'm talkin about real night life.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly born Jersey raised View Post
Really arrogant & elitist of him & that's all he's claiming...& any way i'm talkin about real night life.
Looks like you need to read my response to. Funny thing is, I was responding to your ignorant claim.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
Pump the brakes!..lol...Nobody is saying everyone is uneducated that is blue collar. Try to put what I said back in context since you took it out of context. I was speaking about his claim that black DC residents aren't making much money and have high unemployment compared to white residents. I was explaining that the high unemployment across the river is mainly because of the lack of blue collar jobs in their community. The high poverty and low education level as well as the amount of residents with a record makes it very hard to get a job in that area of DC. Philly is not on the same level as DC from a professional standpoint on sheer numbers of white collar jobs so I don't even know why you challenged that. Plenty of people make money in blue collar jobs but there has to be a job to work at also.

The city is trying to change that though. They are bringing a ton of new projects across the river providing economic development that will create new construction jobs and retail jobs in ward 7 and 8 which badly needs it. You need to slow down and read before you respond. I was describing wards 7 and 8 which is spot on. Nobody is talking about you and people you know.

Ther he goes again...Was that supposed to be a correction ???Just listen to this guy I don't know if I like him or even wnt to talk any more....Peace love & soultrain "chocolate city"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City