Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is the liveliest?
Memphis 5 4.13%
New Orleans 15 12.40%
Atlanta 57 47.11%
Philadelphia 13 10.74%
DC 31 25.62%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 03:54 PM

149 posts, read 161,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
All I know is that Philly's got Jill Scott and the Roots. That enough in my book.

Don't forget about my cousin Jazmine Sullivan....cheers

Old 06-29-2011, 04:44 PM

13,727 posts, read 15,751,203 times
Enough said! By the way, black people in the DC area are more educated and have more money than the Philly metro area. Black people in the DC area also out number your metro area. By the way, my family lives in Germantown. I know all about Philly.

Urban Dictionary: chocolate city

Old 06-29-2011, 04:48 PM

Talk is cheap! Facts are better!

Spike Lee: DC is

Old 06-29-2011, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
Talk is cheap! Facts are better!

Spike Lee: DC is

Yeah I got family by the zoo as well.Cheltenham, NorthEast philly South West I'm from N.east as well.... Sowhat I got fam in Bowie that travels to DC for work I know DC AS WELL.Celebs P.DIDDY JILL SCOTT, THE ROOTS,JAZZY JEFF, BEENIE, FREEWAY,PEEDIE CRACK YOUNG GUNNERS,STATEPROPERTY P.DIDDY got homes here,ROCAFELLA STUDIOS ALTHOUGH NO MORE EVE ,JAZMINE SULLIVAN,PSK ,SCHOOLY D,c,mon man FACTS.DC....OH we have afluent black demographic as well as education here most of the black in DC makin money are transplants. You do have more blacks but your also bigger not better.You can pull that on somone who doesn't know DC is a cesspool.All you guys got is poppin bottles & lounges nothin more so lame nothing on personality or "IT" factor.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly born Jersey raised View Post
Yeah I got family by the zoo as well.Cheltenham, NorthEast philly South West I'm from N.east as well.... Sowhat I got fam in Bowie that travels to DC for work I know DC AS WELL.Celebs P.DIDDY JILL SCOTT, THE ROOTS,JAZZY JEFF, BEENIE, FREEWAY,PEEDIE CRACK YOUNG GUNNERS,STATEPROPERTY P.DIDDY got homes here,ROCAFELLA STUDIOS ALTHOUGH NO MORE EVE ,JAZMINE SULLIVAN,PSK ,SCHOOLY D,c,mon man FACTS.DC....OH we have afluent black demographic as well as education here most of the black in DC makin money are transplants. You do have more blacks but your also bigger not better.You can pull that on somone who doesn't know DC is a cesspool.All you guys got is poppin bottles & lounges nothin more so lame nothing on personality or "IT" factor.
Serious question, who associates Philly with black people? I just don't think people associate Philly with black people. Are there black people in Philly, yes. Maybe it's just in my experience but I have never thought of Philly as a black mecca. Maybe I'm wrong though. Philly has black history just like many cities around the country have black history but Boston=Irish, LA=Hispanic, DC=Black people etc. etc. etc. That's normally what an outside opinion would be. Also, I wouldn't call three level 14th and Park, three level Lux Lounge, or three level Love Nightclub small dingy lounges.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:22 PM

Washington, D.C. earned the Chocolate City nickname from its majority black population. However, the African-American population has declined from 71 percent in 1970 to 56 percent in 2007. These new demographics make Lee’s use of the name somewhat of an anachronism taken from you posts & that tells me nothing about the majority of this so called "gentrification".... What's up Looks like blacks are either leaving or being pushed out so what percentage of that 56% is really doing it big???

Read more: Spike Lee: DC is

Old 06-29-2011, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Washington, D.C. earned the Chocolate City nickname from its majority black population. However, the African-American population has declined from 71 percent in 1970 to 56 percent in 2007. These new demographics make Lee’s use of the name somewhat of an anachronism taken from you posts & that tells me nothing about the majority of this so called "gentrification".... What's up Looks like blacks are either leaving or being pushed out so what percentage of that 56% is really doing it big???

Read more: Spike Lee: DC is
And where do you think they are moving LOL? The black people are just moving to the other side of Southern Ave. and Eastern Ave. into PG and Montgomery County Maryland for bigger houses and more land. When is the last time you were in the DMV by the way?

Old 06-29-2011, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Serious question, who associates Philly with black people? I just don't think people associate Philly with black people. Are there black people in Philly, yes. Maybe it's just in my experience but I have never thought of Philly as a black mecca. Maybe I'm wrong though. Philly has black history just like many cities around the country have black history but Boston=Irish, LA=Hispanic, DC=Black people etc. etc. etc. That's normally what an outside opinion would be. Also, I wouldn't call three level 14th and Park, three level Lux Lounge, or three level Love Nightclub small dingy lounges.

Oh yeah we got a Luxlounge to buddy also the for mentioned

THE ROXXY,VANGO SKYBAR,LUXX LOUNGE,PINNACLE,UPPERDECK,LAFF HOUSE,GLOBAL FUSION 5TH YEAR ANNIVERARY FESTIVAL"CARNIVAL", CAVANAUGH'S RIVERDECK "CARIBEAN SUNDAYS", RSVP ONLY EVENT with FUNKMASTER FLEX @ THE ORMANDY BALLROOM,THE INAUGURAL PHILLY OMEGA WEEKEND If you remember the good ole days of the Philly Greek,NY'S Jones beach & ATL'S freaknik then you have an idea.Oh & Melanie Fiona, Estelle, & Anthony David will be @ Pennslanding Sat 7/16/11.....Welcome to come check us.

ALL BLACK ENTERTAINMENT

Old 06-29-2011, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Oh yeah we got a Luxlounge to buddy also the for mentioned

THE ROXXY,VANGO SKYBAR,LUXX LOUNGE,PINNACLE,UPPERDECK,LAFF HOUSE,GLOBAL FUSION 5TH YEAR ANNIVERARY FESTIVAL"CARNIVAL", CAVANAUGH'S RIVERDECK "CARIBEAN SUNDAYS", RSVP ONLY EVENT with FUNKMASTER FLEX @ THE ORMANDY BALLROOM,THE INAUGURAL PHILLY OMEGA WEEKEND If you remember the good ole days of the Philly Greek,NY'S Jones beach & ATL'S freaknik then you have an idea.Oh & Melanie Fiona, Estelle, & Anthony David will be @ Pennslanding Sat 7/16/11.....Welcome to come check us.

ALL BLACK ENTERTAINMENT
What's the square footage on those places? How many levels do those clubs have? How many DJ's do each of those places have? How many people can the clubs hold?

Old 06-29-2011, 08:34 PM

Quote:
And where do you think they are moving LOL? The black people are just moving to the other side of Southern Ave. and Eastern Ave. into PG and Montgomery County Maryland for bigger houses and more land. When is the last time you were in the DMV by the way?
Believe me my Uncle used to work for the Pentagon & recieved his master from University of Maryland worked in DC doing gov't contracts in the actual hiring process after 20 years of military & working for the Pentgon he has told me from first hand about the unemployment in DC in the higher archie might I add.Those guys are always looking for new work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City