Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is the liveliest?
Memphis 5 4.13%
New Orleans 15 12.40%
Atlanta 57 47.11%
Philadelphia 13 10.74%
DC 31 25.62%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 05:40 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,840,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
Actually Houston receives plenty of respect nationwide for it's urban nightlife. Not sure where you got that it doesn't. You're just exaggerating as usual because of Atlanta's nightlife was this badass; it would get the same amount of respect as New Orleans and Miami. ATL is probably tops in its region, but nationwide??? No.

I've known many people who have been to or from Atlanta and none never have spoken this highly of the nightlife there. Miami and New Orleans always get love. I don't even hear much about nightlife in NYC and LA.
If it did Then you wouldnt be making the comments about exposure and people not sure whats going on there in Houston. I never sad Atl was tops Nationwide But for AAs its above Houston. and its get more exposure and more respect and more AAs come here to party on any given year than in Houston there is no debate there..

Old 06-28-2011, 05:56 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,204,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
If it did Then you wouldnt be making the comments about exposure and people not sure whats going on there in Houston. I never sad Atl was tops Nationwide But for AAs its above Houston. and its get more exposure and more respect and more AAs come here to party on any given year than in Houston there is no debate there..
I said it doesn't receive the publicity or attention like Atlanta. If Houston wasn't offering much; you wouldn't hear it being brought up so much by rappers and all type of urban magazines. People who have been to Houston know what it's about ,but if you've never been here than you have no idea.

You keep using celebrities but celebrities flock to where the work is; not because a city is fun or better. Celebrities really have business being here in Houston because there's not much here for them career wise.

As far as Superbowl,Final Four, All Star,etc; Houston knows all about that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB6Ndk2H1eU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjZVLpOIu6Q

Old 06-28-2011, 07:35 PM

77 posts, read 152,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
You must be lame! DC never ever has to try to be hard. You fear DC slim. If you come to the DMV, we will laugh at you with your capris on and perculating dance moves.
Yo, that really had me rollin, I guess Dave Chappelle's resorting to e-thugging now. You already know what it is though. You're here typing and all that so I know that your demeanor in Philadelphia is meek and quiet...like a good Southerner.

I'm going to keep it moving though because this is wack. You were on this site talking about the gop and politicians poping bottles and whatnot. Thats lame.

Dc's Finest: Whats crackin joe?
Allstar: slim, sahara palin party, it was bananas yo.
Dc's finest: word joe, was her daughter there?
Allstar: nah slim
Dc's Finest: damn
Allstar: taraji was there though and they had the gogo pumping
Dc's Finest: Who?

Old 06-28-2011, 08:03 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,840,482 times
Quote:
I said it doesn't receive the publicity or attention like Atlanta. If Houston wasn't offering much; you wouldn't hear it being brought up so much by rappers and all type of urban magazines. People who have been to Houston know what it's about ,but if you've never been here than you have no idea.

You keep using celebrities but celebrities flock to where the work is; not because a city is fun or better. Celebrities really have business being here in Houston because there's not much here for them career wise.

As far as Superbowl,Final Four, All Star,etc; Houston knows all about that:

YouTube - ‪Houston Main Event - Superbowl‬‏

YouTube - ‪Club Derrty | NBA AllStar Weekend 2006 | Houston‬‏

Again Atlanta has been a major party town for AAs and has had the better rep for a long time Ever since freaknic, Buckhead Village, and all the 24 hour clubs we use to have. Even with some of that gone we still hold it down. And will continue to be that way for a long time it is what it is. When it comes to entertainment for AAs Atlanta aka (Black Hollywood), It tops Houston for reputation, events, Parties etc that cater to Black community. Just accept this and move on. Sorry that you cant seem to but it is what it is We have discussed this topic before so lets not beat this one into the ground. Ill share a little history with you that still lives on today. after this im done.

Long before it came to prominence as the model city of the New South, as well as earning the title "the new Motown," Atlanta was a hotbed of entertainment, business, and civic life for African Americans. For many years, Atlanta, considered to be the Harlem of the South received virtually every well-known entertainer and musician in the country.The many night clubs, musicians, managers, promoters and performers of Atlanta's African American community are well represented from the Roof Garden to the Magnolia Ballroom from Blind WillieMcTell to Aretha Franklin, from Barbecue Bob Hicks to Louis Armstrong. Elegant jazz musicians such as Count Basie and Ella Fitzgerald star alonside raucous rock stars Jackie Wilson and Little Richard. Mason's work documents the people who made a areer out of traveling the "chittling circuit" and came to Atlanta to perform on its many stages, as well a the hundreds of local musicians, singers, and dancers, managers, promoters and booking agents. African-American Entertainment in Atlanta is a lovingly crafted look at a fascinating people and their time.

Last edited by MikeandIke27; 06-28-2011 at 08:20 PM..

Old 06-28-2011, 10:24 PM

149 posts, read 161,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by •|~ View Post
Yo, that really had me rollin, I guess Dave Chappelle's resorting to e-thugging now. You already know what it is though. You're here typing and all that so I know that your demeanor in Philadelphia is meek and quiet...like a good Southerner.

I'm going to keep it moving though because this is wack. You were on this site talking about the gop and politicians poping bottles and whatnot. Thats lame.

This dude is a fraud NO ONE & I REPEAT NO ONE listens to bmore music in Jersey & what the hell is that???This cat is out of his mind.DC isn't even NORTHEASTERN it's a cosmo of VA. & B.more it's not even really a city it's a district buddy & your downtown is WAAACK.Who the hell goes to DC to party up here seriously we skip over these dudes once every 5 years for VA. beach.Anybody up here knows how Philly sticks with Philly & Jersey sticks with Jersey & THE JERSEY PHILLY RIVALRY very rarely do they venture out especially Philly. ANYBODY UP THIS WAY SOUTH OF EXIT 5 ON THE TURN PIKE IS KINDA COWBOY & THERE'S NOTHING TO CONSIDER UNLESS IT'S ATLANTIC CITY OR "JERSEY SHORE" & ONCE YOU GET INTO DELAWARE OR BEYOND WHAAAAT??. You can tell how much a duck he is buy calling everyone slim....straight CORNBREAD.Afraid of DC...HAHAHA most people from the south are afraid to come up here like were the boogie man or somethin. Dude isn't even in reality up here stargazin like they in the land of the lost.But Jersey listens to Bmore music I BEEN LIVIN HERE FOR YEEAARS & you guys including Bmore get no air time up here this guy is STRAIGHT suspect.MYNIKKA I ALREADY CAUGHT YOU TALKIN ABOUT HOW YOU LOVE PHILLY....stand down.

Last edited by Philly born Jersey raised; 06-28-2011 at 10:38 PM..

Old 06-28-2011, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly born Jersey raised View Post
This dude is a fraud NO ONE & I REPEAT NO ONE listens to bmore music in Jersey this cat is out of his mind.DC isn't even NORTHEASTERN it's a cosmo of VA. & B.more not even a city it's a district buddy.Who the hell goes to DC to party up here seriously we skip over these dudes once every 5 years for VA. beach.Anybody up here knows how Philly sticks with Philly & Jersey sticks with Jersey very rarely do they venture out especially Philly.You can tell how much a duck he is buy calling everyone slim....straight CORNBREAD.Afraid of DC lol most people from the south are afraid to come up here like were the boogie man or somethin. Dude isn't even in reality up here stargazin like they in the land of the lost.But Jersey listens to Bmore music I BEEN LIVIN HERE FOR A WHILE you guys including Bmore get no air time up here this guy is suspect.
Can ya'll take that buffoonery to PMs?? None of us care to hear about hoods and ignorance. Thanks.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by •|~ View Post

WHAAAT!!?? THAT ISH IS CORNY I was going to leave it alone but AFTER THAT i JUST GOTTA BRING IT BACK.Yes they try WAAY TO HARD.Just listen to that convo you posted aint nothin been poppin since Georgetown, & SLIM.... LOL another old as term that they bit from us just like the beards they still tryin to black out....like I said we gave em everything except for gogo I don't know where they came up with that. Maybe it's that B-more VA INFLUENCE..... yeah & keep ridin Philly my dude that's another thing that let's me know where your at YOU SILLY.You don't know nuttin bout that there tri-state do ya BWOIII!

Old 06-28-2011, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Can ya'll take that buffoonery to PMs?? None of us care to hear about hoods and ignorance. Thanks.
Actually I gave valid reasons as to why Philly is a top contender & a list of hot spots for AA'S to check out I can give more if you like but don't think is necessary.Because All i see is posts of a artists performance & "DC'S FINEST" pulling out crap from the back of his head stereotyping of Philly with no stats of his own from DC.No valid arguments just bashing & how hard they think they can go no list a venues to try & win any point or persuade anyone to come visit...try to convince SO WE CAN HAVE A INTELLIGENT CONVO & "no bafoonery & ignorance"......"BLKGIRAFFE" HAKUNA MATADA

Old 06-28-2011, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly born Jersey raised View Post
Actually I gave valid reasons as to why Philly is a top contender & a list of hot spots for AA'S to check out I can give more if you like but don't think is necessary.Because All i see is posts of a artists performance & "DC'S FINEST" pulling out crap from the back of his head stereotyping of Philly with no stats of his own from DC.No valid arguments just bashing & how hard they think they can go no list a venues to try & win any point or persuade anyone to come visit...try to convince SO WE CAN HAVE A INTELLIGENT CONVO & "no bafoonery & ignorance"......"BLKGIRAFFE" HAKUNA MATADA
I'm glad to see you can read.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:22 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,736,528 times
I'm not black, but I don't see how Philadelphia is any worse off for blacks than Washington DC, Atlanta or Miami. Everybody knows that Washington DC and Atlanta have had strongly positive black migration in the last 10 years, but Philadelphia has had comfortably positive black migration as well, and, in fact, was the only major metropolitan area north of the Mason-Dixon Line to have both a large black population and positive black migration. If blacks didn't "fit in" in Philadelphia, then they'd be moving out faster than they're moving in. (On that note, what the hell happened to Chicago?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City