Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is the liveliest?
Memphis 5 4.13%
New Orleans 15 12.40%
Atlanta 57 47.11%
Philadelphia 13 10.74%
DC 31 25.62%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 09:57 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,301,334 times

Advertisements

Houstons nightlife is similar. Lots of things to do, and known for things like strip clubs and music but don't excel in any category. Atlanta is probably more of a vacation destination but it's not like people dream of vacationing in Atlanta like they do New Orleans or Miami.

Old 06-25-2011, 10:06 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Houstons nightlife is similar. Lots of things to do, and known for things like strip clubs and music but don't excel in any category. Atlanta is probably more of a vacation destination but it's not like people dream of vacationing in Atlanta like they do New Orleans or Miami.
I think the issue is Houston's nightlife and urban scene isn't publicized like Atlanta. Houston is very much known for strip clubs and music. Houston's underground hip hop scene is actually internationally known. The city just doesn't get the respect and attention it deserves.

Atlanta is more of a vacation destination; no denying that. However, ATLiens perceptions and overall views of Atlanta exceed the truth of reality.

Old 06-25-2011, 01:28 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,840,814 times
O
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
I think the issue is Houston's nightlife and urban scene isn't publicized like Atlanta. Houston is very much known for strip clubs and music. Houston's underground hip hop scene is actually internationally known. The city just doesn't get the respect and attention it deserves.

Atlanta is more of a vacation destination; no denying that. However, ATLiens perceptions and overall views of Atlanta exceed the truth of reality.
It doesn't exceed the truth. Atlanta has had this Rep for better. Urban night. Scene. Before it became black Hollywood. Being a big media hub does add value. Another thing is there is always major daytime and night time events catering to AA crowd whether your straight or Gay. I think the best thing u should do is make a,trip out her yourself since you have never been to Atlanta... that way you will have your own experience we have posted videos galore showing the different t scenes during the day and evening. I would say Houston is comparable its just that Atlanta has more going on a day to day basis

Last edited by MikeandIke27; 06-25-2011 at 01:56 PM..

Old 06-25-2011, 02:15 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
O

It doesn't exceed the truth. Atlanta has had this Rep for better. Urban night. Scene. Before it became black Hollywood. Being a big media hub does add value. Another thing is there is always major daytime and night time events catering to AA crowd whether your straight or Gay. I think the best thing u should do is make a,trip out her yourself since you have never been to Atlanta... that way you will have your own experience we have posted videos galore showing the different t scenes during the day and evening. I would say Houston is comparable its just that Atlanta has more going on a day to day basis
I'm sure it does; more AA will lead to more AA oriented events. My purpose was why I would go to Atlanta when I can get anything I need and want as a black man here?? Wasn't trying to downplay Atlanta and actually I was planning on going this summer until somethings came up. I actually just found out a few weeks ago; my dad's dad family [whom I've never met] are ATLiens lol

Old 06-25-2011, 02:18 PM

149 posts, read 161,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boreatwork View Post
Come again?.....First off get off that coulda shoulda woulda bitter talk, Second since when is Philly an authority on DC????Third yall just made the top 3 dirtiest cities list.....Fourth, what does all the above have to do with AA nightlife...Fifth whenever I see out of towners even in PG County from the "northeast" they are the most humble, civilized, quiet, respectable, people...so why if its how you feel now y not act the same when you guys are around these parts...

First off who do you know that goes to anyone's town & starts drama or act's like there invincible that's very unstreet wise .Also I NEVER had a fixation with D.C UNTIL "DC'S" FINEST TRIED TO BAMBOOZLE WITH HIS AMAZING DISPLAY OF DILLUSIONS OF PHILLY I.E. BARS & ITALLIANS...LOL.But Philly will never succeed to a place like D.C. SO OBVIOUS (EYES ROLL)no need to be bitter we have way more personality , character, texture & culture.OH & no coulda shoulda woulda here it's the truth we gave you what you have now & YOU GUYS RIDE YOUR MERRITT ON CAPITAL HILL that's laughable, just look outside the whitehouse & you see what time it is..But sticking to topic partying in D.C is not really practical for AA's I mean c'mon unless your some Gov't offical your not really doing it that huge.D.C feels like a big spread out park with a BIG BROTHER WATCHING. Outside of that it's all about who you know & what you do.My uncle was retired military & used to work for the pentagon but now working to control the boarders ....lol, but just going to visit him I got to really know D.C. "Chocolate City" OH YESSIR very black & the people are cool unlike this Forum reps.Which is why I had to speak up but not real when it comes to a practical "somewhat safe" LIVE urban vibe for AA'S.unless sittin in some lounge lookin over your shoulder every 5 min. BUT IF YOUR NOT IN THE MAINSTREAM stay strapped...LOL. I'd rather stay home for that. It just doesn't feel like a real city.Just BIG BROTHER & AALLL GOGO AALLL DAY.

Old 06-25-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boreatwork View Post
Come again?.....First off get off that coulda shoulda woulda bitter talk, Second since when is Philly an authority on DC????Third yall just made the top 3 dirtiest cities list.....Fourth, what does all the above have to do with AA nightlife...Fifth whenever I see out of towners even in PG County from the "northeast" they are the most humble, civilized, quiet, respectable, people...so why if its how you feel now y not act the same when you guys are around these parts...
Oh??!!! 1ST I really wouldn't talk a bout a dirt you guys know a lot about that in your "neck of the woods" But NY blows everyone away in that sense so that's neither here nore there plus your not even in the tri-borough.So it's a dirty hick city 2nd How can you employ so many AA'S when DAMN what's up with all the homeless running amuk you guys ever here of a thing called a shelter WHAT A CESSPOOL. 3RD It's Just one big dirty military museum. 4th You rank fifth behind SanFran. as far as downtown on the CD. POLL.5TH I would even go as far like my man "KIDPHILLY" says & put you 6th behind SanJose.

Old 06-25-2011, 03:39 PM

Yo "Bird chirp" this is what I keep hearing when you guys post............ "So look it here check the flavor of the rhythm I wrote And while I got a chance here, let me clear my throat Oh, have mercy babe, ha! I hope ya don't mind," ...

GET THE F#$k OUTTA HERE *B@#!CHSLAP!*

Straight waisting away with that. What's it been 20 years???

Old 06-25-2011, 03:48 PM

You should seek a mental home in Philly.

Old 06-25-2011, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
You should seek a mental home in Philly.
Yeah & you should stay outta the heat CORNBREAD.

Old 06-25-2011, 04:58 PM

Cornbread cooks in the oven. I was born in the heat young man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City