Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is the liveliest?
Memphis 5 4.13%
New Orleans 15 12.40%
Atlanta 57 47.11%
Philadelphia 13 10.74%
DC 31 25.62%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 09:04 PM

149 posts, read 161,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Cornbread cooks in the oven. I was born in the heat young man.
Yeah & the heat is in the oven MAMA.

Old 06-25-2011, 11:13 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,841,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly born Jersey raised View Post
Yeah & the heat is in the oven MAMA.
LOL

Old 06-25-2011, 11:32 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,841,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
I'm sure it does; more AA will lead to more AA oriented events. My purpose was why I would go to Atlanta when I can get anything I need and want as a black man here?? Wasn't trying to downplay Atlanta and actually I was planning on going this summer until somethings came up. I actually just found out a few weeks ago; my dad's dad family [whom I've never met] are ATLiens lol

There are different experiences everywhere you go. There may be a different energy are vibe at whatever Venue you may go to in what ever City. Every City isnt Alike, some are similar but not alike. Its the same way lots of black gay men from Texas come to Atlanta Yeah they probably can get a similar experience in Texas but probably not at the magnitude that you can here. EVENTS OPTIONS, ENERGY, VIBE. are the main key to great nightlife which Atl excels in for AAs.

Last edited by MikeandIke27; 06-25-2011 at 11:43 PM..

Old 06-26-2011, 12:41 PM

149 posts, read 161,998 times
DC is like 3 hours south of us not even on radar or practical especially when we got all this around us.
Just to name a few....

THE ROXXY,VANGO SKYBAR,LUXX LOUNGE,PINNACLE,UPPERDECK,LAFF HOUSE,GLOBAL FUSION 5TH YEAR ANNIVERARY FESTIVAL"CARNIVAL", CAVANAUGH'S RIVERDECK "CARIBEAN SUNDAYS", RSVP ONLY EVENT with FUNKMASTER FLEX @ THE ORMANDY BALLROOM,THE INAUGURAL PHILLY OMEGA WEEKEND If you remember the good ole days of the Philly Greek,NY'S Jones beach & ATL'S freaknik then you have an idea.Oh & Melanie Fiona, Estelle, & Anthony David will be @ Pennslanding Sat 7/16/11.....Welcome to come check us.

Last edited by Philly born Jersey raised; 06-26-2011 at 12:50 PM..

Old 06-27-2011, 08:13 AM

5,347 posts, read 10,161,008 times
Quote:
SO TRUE THEY JUST LOUNGE THERE.Same vibe everywhere.Also @ DC'S finest STOP ....no punintended towards gogo.But PHILLIES underground scene stays open till 3:00 has way more swag than any part of DC.That's the part that makes up the SWAG. As a matter of fact Philly period has way more swag.You can keep that same sounding redundent gogo & boring vibe you guys have down there.I better go now I think I here your horns playing.

Slim,

You sound ridiculous. How can i party til 3 when last call is at 1:30 in Philly. Lamos!

Old 06-27-2011, 08:14 AM

Quote:
First off who do you know that goes to anyone's town & starts drama or act's like there invincible that's very unstreet wise .Also I NEVER had a fixation with D.C UNTIL "DC'S" FINEST TRIED TO BAMBOOZLE WITH HIS AMAZING DISPLAY OF DILLUSIONS OF PHILLY I.E. BARS & ITALLIANS...LOL.But Philly will never succeed to a place like D.C. SO OBVIOUS (EYES ROLL)no need to be bitter we have way more personality , character, texture & culture.OH & no coulda shoulda woulda here it's the truth we gave you what you have now & YOU GUYS RIDE YOUR MERRITT ON CAPITAL HILL that's laughable, just look outside the whitehouse & you see what time it is..But sticking to topic partying in D.C is not really practical for AA's I mean c'mon unless your some Gov't offical your not really doing it that huge.D.C feels like a big spread out park with a BIG BROTHER WATCHING. Outside of that it's all about who you know & what you do.My uncle was retired military & used to work for the pentagon but now working to control the boarders ....lol, but just going to visit him I got to really know D.C. "Chocolate City" OH YESSIR very black & the people are cool unlike this Forum reps.Which is why I had to speak up but not real when it comes to a practical "somewhat safe" LIVE urban vibe for AA'S.unless sittin in some lounge lookin over your shoulder every 5 min. BUT IF YOUR NOT IN THE MAINSTREAM stay strapped...LOL. I'd rather stay home for that. It just doesn't feel like a real city.Just BIG BROTHER & AALLL GOGO AALLL DAY.
You call DC country but you rock capri pants? Kill yourself right now.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by •|~ View Post
DC's a neat little place but those guys are a little suspect to me. They pretend to be Up North but when they open their mouth, you just know. They have a Down South sense about themselves. They really can't even see Philadelphia like that. They are close but no cigar, they're like shopping at Aldis, there's just something off about their brand. It's a bummer the Capital didn't stay in the Northeast.

A- Philadelphia B- Atlanta/Washington C- Nola D- Memphis
What's up north about dudes wearing capri pants and perculating like a broad to Bmore club music?

Old 06-27-2011, 09:31 AM

2,596 posts, read 4,658,144 times
Default boredatwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
What's up north about dudes wearing capri pants and perculating like a broad to Bmore club music?

Why reply to that foolishness...they sound like elementary school kids

Old 06-27-2011, 09:39 AM

857 posts, read 1,366,342 times
I would assume that since Atlanta and DC are predominantly AA towns with strong AA culture/presence I would think they would have "more" catering to them. My vote is a split vote between the two, with a slight edge to Atlanta.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:07 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
There are different experiences everywhere you go. There may be a different energy are vibe at whatever Venue you may go to in what ever City. Every City isnt Alike, some are similar but not alike. Its the same way lots of black gay men from Texas come to Atlanta Yeah they probably can get a similar experience in Texas but probably not at the magnitude that you can here. EVENTS OPTIONS, ENERGY, VIBE. are the main key to great nightlife which Atl excels in for AAs.
You get different vibes within the city of Houston and I doubt Atlanta is really doing anything unique or different than Houston. It's no New Orleans; where the club scene and culture is unlike anywhere else.

The issue is that Atlanta's scene is ranked higher or seen as better simply because it's more glorified. I've honestly never heard anyone speak so highly of Atlanta's AA nightlife scene outside of CD. What can I do in ATL as a black man that I can't do in Houston?? Answer that for me.

You keep bringing up this energy and vibe, but what makes it unique?? The only things you guys have to show for that is simple youtube videos and celebrities?? What's unique about that. Houston has celebrities hitting up the city daily and quite frankly; them and their wack parties do nothing for me. DC has GOGO and Houston has C&S; while these types of sounds aren't really respected and appreciated outside of their cities; it's different.

Last edited by blkgiraffe; 06-27-2011 at 10:18 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City