Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which state will lead the South?
Virginia 51 26.42%
Georgia 70 36.27%
North Carolina 72 37.31%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 08:06 AM

84 posts, read 137,091 times

Advertisements

NC is the most "Well rounded" of these three states.

Old 12-07-2013, 10:14 AM

37,875 posts, read 41,896,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdw1084 View Post
OK, I'm not going to argue with you because there was a debate in the Georgia forum about SC cities vs. Georgia's 2nd tier cities in which you and I argued because you tried to exclude Atlanta...
The topic of that thread wasn't GA vs. SC, so let's get that straight. It wasn't an "on paper" comparison, but a real world comparison that had more to do with specific cities. Again, you need to learn the nuances of these sorts of discussions as your extremely oversimplified depiction of my argument in that thread is very misleading.

Quote:
I think you should learn that if you're allowed to use the argument so could others...Context? Umm no, my argument stated that NOVA boosted VA's stats and your argument stated that ATL boosted GA's....Both are true, so whats the problem again?

Moving on....
You're bringing an entirely different discussion that took place several months ago into this discussion, and it's not even an apples-to-apples comparison as the actual topics were quite different. Salty much?

Even so, getting to the nitty gritty of it all, the ultimate point has to do with the state's role in spreading wealth and prosperity since this is a comparison of states. In that regard, NC and VA do a much better job than GA. NOVA is a force to be reckoned with to be sure, but VA also has Richmond and Hampton Roads which you are discounting in an effort to play the victim. And why aren't you making this same argument for NC with Charlotte?

Last edited by Mutiny77; 12-07-2013 at 10:23 AM..

Old 12-07-2013, 10:58 AM

2,856 posts, read 4,613,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
The topic of that thread wasn't GA vs. SC, so let's get that straight. It wasn't an "on paper" comparison, but a real world comparison that had more to do with specific cities. Again, you need to learn the nuances of these sorts of discussions as your extremely oversimplified depiction of my argument in that thread is very misleading.

You're bringing an entirely different discussion that took place several months ago into this discussion, and it's not even an apples-to-apples comparison as the actual topics were quite different. Salty much?

Even so, getting to the nitty gritty of it all, the ultimate point has to do with the state's role in spreading wealth and prosperity since this is a comparison of states. In that regard, NC and VA do a much better job than GA. NOVA is a force to be reckoned with to be sure, but VA also has Richmond and Hampton Roads which you are discounting in an effort to play the victim. And why aren't you making this same argument for NC with Charlotte?
Those states have better balance (metro-wise) than than GA. However, Georgia has the Alpha city of the southeast and the capital of the southeast that packs a big punch. Who's salty? Certainly not me and why would I be? It's not a correct answer to this question and no one knows who's going happen in the next 10-20 years...All we can do is guess but I'm going to state my opinion whether you like it or not.....

I'm not fluctuating on my opinions either...Are you? Yes, you argued me down about GA without Atlanta but when someone else does it...we forget we just done the same thing...LOL ok!

Old 12-07-2013, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Those states have better balance (metro-wise) than than GA. However, Georgia has the Alpha city of the southeast and the capital of the southeast that packs a big punch. Who's salty? Certainly not me and why would I be?
Because you brought up something I said months ago on a completely different topic that has nothing to do with the current topic.

Quote:
It's not a correct answer to this question and no one knows who's going happen in the next 10-20 years...All we can do is guess but I'm going to state my opinion whether you like it or not.....

I'm not fluctuating on my opinions either...Are you?
I don't have a problem with you stating your opinion, but I do have a problem when you attempt to quote me completely out of context. It's very disingenuous.

Old 12-07-2013, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Because you brought up something I said months ago on a completely different topic that has nothing to do with the current topic.

I don't have a problem with you stating your opinion, but I do have a problem when you attempt to quote me completely out of context. It's very disingenuous.

I have a problem with you being wishy-washy too...I guess we both have to deal with each other...

Old 12-07-2013, 11:17 AM

Quote:
I have a problem with you being wishy-washy too...I guess we both have to deal with each other...
No, the issue that you lack the ability to properly interpret my comments within the contexts they are given. The issue rests solely with you, especially since you're dragging up some old regular cripple-fight in the Georgia forum and trying to use it against me here. Living in Augusta or Columbus or wherever and riding Atlanta's coattails simply because it's in the same state does absolutely nothing for you in real life, but hey, if it makes you sleep better at night, have at it.

Old 12-07-2013, 11:24 AM

Quote:
No, the issue that you lack the ability to properly interpret my comments within the contexts they are given. The issue rests solely with you, especially since you're dragging up some old regular cripple-fight in the Georgia forum and trying to use it against me here. Living in Augusta or Columbus or wherever and riding Atlanta's coattails simply because it's in the same state does absolutely nothing for you in real life, but hey, if it makes you sleep better at night, have at it.
It's not that I lack the ability to interpret anything...Who are you? When you figure that out let me know...

You are a city-data stalker....You think you know everything and when someone disagrees with you..you become such a drama queen....

The argument we had in the GA forum was about Georgia being a better state than SC and you said Metro Atlanta is better but not the rest which means you took out a part of the state for your benefits to argue...

When I done the SAME exact thing with NOVA and VA, you're telling me that it's different...Are you serious???

You can't be....met your match on this one because you're not right all the time like you have fooled yourself into believing...

Old 12-07-2013, 11:40 AM

Old 12-07-2013, 03:33 PM

998 posts, read 1,248,379 times
Norrth Carolina is not the most "well rounded" of the three, don't think so.

Old 12-07-2013, 03:43 PM

1,445 posts, read 2,319,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poquoson7 View Post
Norrth Carolina is not the most "well rounded" of the three, don't think so.
North Carolina has two of the fastest growing cities in the country, a popular mountain destination, and a popular beach destination that exceeds anything Virginia or Georgia offers outside of cities. But after seeing your previous posts, you seem to have a strong dislike for both North Carolina and Georgia, so I'm not at all surprised by your statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City