Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most unique personalities, and overall character
NYers 50 27.17%
New English 8 4.35%
Phillies 11 5.98%
Washingtonians 23 12.50%
Atlantans 18 9.78%
SoFloridians 5 2.72%
NOLAns 3 1.63%
Texans(Houston and DFW) 21 11.41%
Angelinos 5 2.72%
Franciscans 8 4.35%
Clevelanders 4 2.17%
Chicagans 16 8.70%
Detroiters 8 4.35%
Cascadians 4 2.17%
Voters: 184. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 11:35 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,395,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Vic... View Post
I forgot what year the word "swag" came out, anyone remember?
have no idea but I remember hearing the word "swagger" in one of my classes when reading about the Harlem Renaissance (wasn't really paying attention but that stuck out to me)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2011, 11:58 PM

423 posts, read 646,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRedd View Post
CROWN VIC... do they still have the 24hr basketball gyms down there? im tryna hoop ASAP
Yeah theres a few

Old 01-19-2011, 12:04 AM

10,110 posts, read 9,976,086 times
wtf @ greg

anywho, what are some up an coming trends in ur cities??

Old 01-19-2011, 12:07 AM

4,515 posts, read 9,702,074 times
Quote:
wtf @ greg

I do not want to say it, because then other cities will copy NY.

Old 01-19-2011, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
I do not want to say it, because then other cities will copy NY.
go ahead its cool

Old 01-19-2011, 12:23 AM

Quote:
wtf @ greg

IKR! lol

but anyway back on topic.....

designer jeans-usually Trues, Mek, Laguna Beach Jean Co, seeing a lot of Akoo, orisue and 10 deep lately and Nudies a little
local stuff like District 81, Freshmen, Al Wissam and Burn Rubber
Polo-shirts, hats, boots
anything reppin Detroit

girls
anything from forever21, H&M, G by guess, Bebe and other little stores
local stuff like Cest La Vie, Pretty Pieces, Urban Angels
designer jeans (see above)
hair-wraps, weave

stuff that never go out of style lol
yays, minks (mostly guys), gucci, Louis, gators, cole haan (don't ask) and other hood stuff

Last edited by detroitlove; 01-19-2011 at 12:52 AM..

Old 01-19-2011, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
IKR! lol

but anyway back on topic.....

designer jeans-usually Trues, Mek, Lagoona Beach Jean Co, seeing a lot of Akoo, orisue and 10 deep lately and Nudies a little
local stuff like District 81, Freshmen, Al Wissam and Burn Rubber
Polo-shirts, hats, boots
anything reppin Detroit

girls
anything from forever21, H&M, G by guess, Bebe and other little stores
local stuff like Cest La Vie, Pretty Pieces, Urban Angles
designer jeans (see above)
hair-wraps, weave

stuff that never go out of style lol
yays, minks (mostly guys), gucci, Louis, gators, cole haan (don't ask) and other hood stuff
the bold stuff is whats popular in baltimore. But there are alot of people with fake Trues from the chinese stores lol .. it seems like detroit has more different styles than baltimoe too..

Old 01-19-2011, 12:50 AM

Quote:
the bold stuff is whats popular in baltimore. But there are alot of people with fake Trues from the chinese stores lol .. it seems like detroit has more different styles than baltimoe too..
fake trues??? all bad lol I've seen like 2 pair. You'd get teased to the infinate power with some fake trues on lol because its so easy to tell if they are real or not. Does Baltimore get all of its trends from NY/eastcoast or other regions as well? I ask because we get certain designers like Laguna Beach (typos in the other post lol was thinking "Blue Lagoon" the movie) from LA. Does Baltimore support local designers?

Old 01-19-2011, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
fake trues??? all bad lol I've seen like 2 pair. You'd get teased to the infinate power with some fake trues on lol because its so easy to tell if they are real or not. Does Baltimore get all of its trends from NY/eastcoast or other regions as well? I ask because we get certain designers like Laguna Beach (typos in the other post lol was thinking "Blue Lagoon" the movie) from LA. Does Baltimore support local designers?
no baltimore doesnt support anybody local. polo shirts, cheap @ss jeans, polo boots. when people say they fresh, they basically have on a newer pair of the same old sh*t ..lol. Baltimore doesnt follow NYC fashion. A lot of what people wear there will get u laughed at here(most people in baltimore typically wear black & white). every year we get a tour group of bunch of NYers, they basically wear what we wear, but they are alot more colorful (not saying its a bad thing). but personally i never liked baltimore fashion, them n*ggaz be looking dirty to me.

Old 01-19-2011, 01:17 AM

Quote:
no baltimore doesnt support anybody local. polo shirts, cheap @ss jeans, polo boots. when people say they fresh, they basically have on a newer pair of the same old sh*t ..lol. Baltimore doesnt follow NYC fashion. A lot of what people wear there will get u laughed at here(most people in baltimore typically wear black & white). every year we get a tour group of bunch of NYers, they basically wear what we wear, but they are alot more colorful (not saying its a bad thing). but personally i never liked baltimore fashion, them n*ggaz be looking dirty to me.
so what do you wear?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City