Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most unique personalities, and overall character
NYers 50 27.17%
New English 8 4.35%
Phillies 11 5.98%
Washingtonians 23 12.50%
Atlantans 18 9.78%
SoFloridians 5 2.72%
NOLAns 3 1.63%
Texans(Houston and DFW) 21 11.41%
Angelinos 5 2.72%
Franciscans 8 4.35%
Clevelanders 4 2.17%
Chicagans 16 8.70%
Detroiters 8 4.35%
Cascadians 4 2.17%
Voters: 184. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 06:08 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,393,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
actually no smh. New yorkers arent on no "im from nyc im better then you". The main reason why i never say nothing to eek who is a true new yorker is the fact that he can back anything up. Most people say new yorkers do this and that but cant even back up their own city. At least most of the new yorkers can back up their city by posting stuff up instead of talking rubbish.

BTW i never said people jock me when i go to other cities. re read the post.

i just explained to you why people from l.a or nyc might not give people props.
and you should know from all the other fashion threads, mine included, I don't say Detroit style is better than other cities but I have hella pride in my city and appreciate our style, swagger, confidence or whatever while not puttin others down. But last I checked NY and LA aren't the only cities that take pride in where they come from and other cities can give other props without teamin but a lot of NYers on here down other cities more than anything

just because you're from NY or LA doesn't mean you can't give props to Chicago, Philly or anywhere else and just because you're not from NY or LA does not mean go against your own city just to vote for the two smh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 06:10 PM

Quote:
thats not the idea at all. The people would be voting for l.a because they have seen l.a fashion not because its l.a . Thats exactly what im trying to say. If i see fashion in paris and i think their fashion is much better then my city of nyc go ahead make a Paris vs nyc thread and im voting for Paris because ive been their and seen their fashion. I wouldst vote for Paris because of its name.
go back and read the LA poster post. and this thread is about swag not just fashion

Old 01-19-2011, 06:12 PM

Quote:
how can you look dirty and laugh at someone who is 500 percent flyer then you? I love coming to all these peoples cities shining. I love the attention i love the women in these cities who love my swag and my pop bottles and come back nyc and tell all the homies how much fun i had in these little cities.
this is the post I was talking about

Old 01-19-2011, 06:14 PM

and when I say NYers, I don't mean you, I just mean in general on C-D

Old 01-19-2011, 06:17 PM

Quote:
as far as clothing goes the video that impressed me was the third video. Fly people in that clip. The first video was my fav seeing their car game(aint see so much clothing though). The last video homies style look cool. The second video i aint know what that guy was doing lol.
the first one is about the glasses. That's what white buffies are. Thats probably why its not much focus on the clothing. The guy in the third vid also has on white buffs.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:17 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,406,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
and you should know from all the other fashion threads, mine included, I don't say Detroit style is better than other cities but I have hella pride in my city and appreciate our style, swagger, confidence or whatever while not puttin others down. But last I checked NY and LA aren't the only cities that take pride in where they come from and other cities can give other props without teamin but a lot of NYers on here down other cities more than anything

just because you're from NY or LA doesn't mean you can't give props to Chicago, Philly or anywhere else and just because you're not from NY or LA does not mean go against your own city just to vote for the two smh
well yea i know which is why i excluded you from all my post and spoke on people in general.

i will disagree with your statement of nyc downing other cities only because that's a double standard post. Why? Because plenty of ny haters down nyc on these forums to plain and simple. When i see people like MIKE&IKE, AND JOHNATL rant about nyc thats when i could care less about what my fellow new yorkers say because people on here hate that new yorkers have pride in their city.

BTW nyc gives props to people also. We give props to l.a, paris, london, and Canadian cities just not all the other american citeis besides the cities that lie in north jersey.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:20 PM

Quote:
the first one is about the glasses. That's what white buffies are. Thats probably why its not much focus on the clothing. The guy in the third vid also has on white buffs.
o ok but the dudes in the third video are fly well mostly from theri shirts, jackets and jewelry game anyway. Really didn't see much of their jeans but their jeans looked to be on right.

Now as for me i never have problems posting videos and writing whats hot. I believe i posted like 10 clips in the last swagger thread but as for the other people talking crap their wasn't not even 1 video posted.

I aint got time to argue who is flyer if you want to debate post the facts and evidence.

not you detroit but the other people on this forum who seem to have an issue with doing that.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:21 PM

Quote:
well yea i know which is why i excluded you from all my post and spoke on people in general.
when I was replying to you I meant in general as well

i will disagree with your statement of nyc downing other cities only because that's a double standard post. Why? Because plenty of ny haters down nyc on these forums to plain and simple. When i see people like MIKE&IKE, AND JOHNATL rant about nyc thats when i could care less about what my fellow new yorkers say because people on here hate that new yorkers have pride in their city.
Ok there are a few NY haters but also many many more NY boosters. Now put yourself in my shoes. The city that gets bashed to no end on C-D and reality. Everyone give NY and LA their props but there are many many people on here that automatically down other cities just because they're from NY. I won't name them, you already know

BTW nyc gives props to people also. We give props to l.a, paris, london, and Canadian cities just not all the other american citeis besides the cities that lie in north jersey.
And that's the problem. Many NYers think the whole country is either following NY or LA, but that's not the case. There are other big cities with their own identity in the US
//

Old 01-19-2011, 06:23 PM

Quote:
this is the post I was talking about

i know and i aint say people jock me i said i love the attention and females coming on to me.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:25 PM

Quote:
o ok but the dudes in the third video are fly well mostly from theri shirts, jackets and jewelry game anyway. Really didn't see much of their jeans but their jeans looked to be on right.

Now as for me i never have problems posting videos and writing whats hot. I believe i posted like 10 clips in the last swagger thread but as for the other people talking crap their wasn't not even 1 video posted.

I aint got time to argue who is flyer if you want to debate post the facts and evidence.

not you detroit but the other people on this forum who seem to have an issue with doing that.
understandable. The LA poster saying people were "biased" to vote for their city is why I said its lame and teamin to vote for somebody else. I didn't even vote. I don't care who like Detroit's style, I do. But if I would have voted it would have def been for Detroit. That's not being biased, its having pride in where you come from. No different from a person from LA or NY voting for their own cities
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City