Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most unique personalities, and overall character
NYers 50 27.17%
New English 8 4.35%
Phillies 11 5.98%
Washingtonians 23 12.50%
Atlantans 18 9.78%
SoFloridians 5 2.72%
NOLAns 3 1.63%
Texans(Houston and DFW) 21 11.41%
Angelinos 5 2.72%
Franciscans 8 4.35%
Clevelanders 4 2.17%
Chicagans 16 8.70%
Detroiters 8 4.35%
Cascadians 4 2.17%
Voters: 184. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 02:55 AM

10,109 posts, read 9,971,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
lol a few years back it used to be marauder and grand marq city....mostly marauders.
yea i remember them i think they were crown vics with mustang GT engines.. they sounded GOOD tho.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 02:58 AM

10,109 posts, read 9,971,621 times
Quote:
????
of course everyone is going to vote for their own city....unless they a lame and teamin

to say every city got their swag from LA is far from true. there are many cities where banging is not hot (Detroit is one....its lame here) baggy clothes? white tees? thug look???? lmao yea ok

fyi swag is more than just clothing btw. I doubt a city can copy another city's confidence

Old 01-19-2011, 11:13 AM

6,836 posts, read 15,410,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
I do not want to say it, because then other cities will copy NY.
hahaaahhaha lol

Old 01-19-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:
fake trues??? all bad lol I've seen like 2 pair. You'd get teased to the infinate power with some fake trues on lol because its so easy to tell if they are real or not. Does Baltimore get all of its trends from NY/eastcoast or other regions as well? I ask because we get certain designers like Laguna Beach (typos in the other post lol was thinking "Blue Lagoon" the movie) from LA. Does Baltimore support local designers?
actually its not depending on the source. The fake trues the africans sell in nyc in chinatown look more real then the real ones.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRedd View Post
no baltimore doesnt support anybody local. polo shirts, cheap @ss jeans, polo boots. when people say they fresh, they basically have on a newer pair of the same old sh*t ..lol. Baltimore doesnt follow NYC fashion. A lot of what people wear there will get u laughed at here(most people in baltimore typically wear black & white). every year we get a tour group of bunch of NYers, they basically wear what we wear, but they are alot more colorful (not saying its a bad thing). but personally i never liked baltimore fashion, them n*ggaz be looking dirty to me.
how can you look dirty and laugh at someone who is 500 percent flyer then you? I love coming to all these peoples cities shining. I love the attention i love the women in these cities who love my swag and my pop bottles and come back nyc and tell all the homies how much fun i had in these little cities.

Last edited by nycjowww; 01-19-2011 at 11:28 AM..

Old 01-19-2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
IKR! lol

but anyway back on topic.....

designer jeans-usually Trues, Mek, Laguna Beach Jean Co, seeing a lot of Akoo, orisue and 10 deep lately and Nudies a little
local stuff like District 81, Freshmen, Al Wissam and Burn Rubber
Polo-shirts, hats, boots
anything reppin Detroit

girls
anything from forever21, H&M, G by guess, Bebe and other little stores
local stuff like Cest La Vie, Pretty Pieces, Urban Angels
designer jeans (see above)
hair-wraps, weave

stuff that never go out of style lol
yays, minks (mostly guys), gucci, Louis, gators, cole haan (don't ask) and other hood stuff

it would be so much better if people from Detroit showed they rock these clothes on camera. The only rapper from Detroit that shows me detroit fly is big sean. But alot of these other local Detroit rappers obviously dont be on the fashion tip.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRedd View Post
thats retarded to me. what about cars, did the whole "donk" phenomenon hit detroit?
hell yah it did theirs a video company called midwest ryders which basically just like the eastcoast riders. cars sitting on 32 inches.

THANK GOD PEOPLE IN NYC DO NOT USE THEIR CARS LIKE THIS.

In nyc you will see those doofy cars maybe 3 times out the whole year and for some reason i see it in queens mostly.

But in nyc dudes in the hood love showing what they can do with their money so they'll cop a bmw, Mercedes, mazaradi , Bentley , or a stylish mustang, camaro, or challenger brand new.

Those cars down south are all cheap as hell with just an expensive rim and paint job. **** is ugly nasty and looks mad dumb. Anywho how do you runaway in those type of cars anyway? One quick turn and the joint is flipped over.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xysma View Post
lol at los angeles having so few votes. this poll is obviously just biased people voting for their own cities. how can LA have so few votes when every city on the poll got their swaggar by copying LA? everyone wants to be a blood or crip these days. the baggy clothes, sagging, white tee, thug look comes from the prisons of california. close the thread.
L.a does have nice swag and probably better then most of the country on some ny thing in my personal opinion. The problem with L.A is that their rappers make it seem like only dickies is hot out their but dickies is mostly hot for those gang members.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:27 AM

Quote:
????
of course everyone is going to vote for their own city....unless they a lame and teamin

to say every city got their swag from LA is far from true. there are many cities where banging is not hot (Detroit is one....its lame here) baggy clothes? white tees? thug look???? lmao yea ok

fyi swag is more than just clothing btw. I doubt a city can copy another city's confidence
its not lame to not vote for your own cities. I know plenty of people from cities that will tell you most of the people in their cities are bums. Alot of cities just don't have any fashion confidence.

For example in the nyc metro area. If you drive from northern jersey to southern jersey you will quickly see the difference.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:31 AM

But ona side not a lot of people who voted for nyc on this poll obviously are not new yorkers like most of the nyc polls .

Cause the only new yorkers that mostly shine in on these polls are me, nycrican, eek, kony, studded leather, and bkvillian.

all the other new yorkers mostly stay in the nyc forum.

Thank you guys who voted for us. Us new yorkers love you right back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City