Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most unique personalities, and overall character
NYers 50 27.17%
New English 8 4.35%
Phillies 11 5.98%
Washingtonians 23 12.50%
Atlantans 18 9.78%
SoFloridians 5 2.72%
NOLAns 3 1.63%
Texans(Houston and DFW) 21 11.41%
Angelinos 5 2.72%
Franciscans 8 4.35%
Clevelanders 4 2.17%
Chicagans 16 8.70%
Detroiters 8 4.35%
Cascadians 4 2.17%
Voters: 184. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 05:36 PM

10,106 posts, read 9,954,859 times

Advertisements

Jordan u can give other cities compliments on there style because ur from ny. It's at the end of a basketball game when u blow the team out by 40 points and say "good game" to the other team. If a bum @ss team comes up to another bum @ss team d*ck riding, people will look at them like they crazy.

On the flip side, not everybody in NYC can dress, just like everybody in other cities are bums. Personally, I not crazy about Baltimore's style, but there are a million people that r. My main concern is me and how I dress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 05:43 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,401,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRedd View Post
Jordan u can give other cities compliments on there style because ur from ny. It's at the end of a basketball game when u blow the team out by 40 points and say "good game" to the other team. If a bum @ss team comes up to another bum @ss team d*ck riding, people will look at them like they crazy.

On the flip side, not everybody in NYC can dress, just like everybody in other cities are bums. Personally, I not crazy about Baltimore's style, but there are a million people that r. My main concern is me and how I dress.

no the problem isn't that not everyone in nyc can dress. We new yorkers know this more then you out of towners. Our problem is whenever we have a debate fashion. Out of towners always claim that "new yorkers think everyone in new york gets fly". Personally once i hear someone say that retarded arrogant statement that pretty much lets me know that you know your city isnt as fly but just want to instegate a debate thats pointless.

I never heard no new yorker or even a new yorker on this forum say every new yorkers can dress . Now "new yorkers being more fly then most and all cities in the country" yes i have heard this and because of our status around the world a lot of new yorkers will say their the flyest and have enough proof to back it up.

Old 01-19-2011, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
actually it don't matter but you were the one claiming people teamin another city isn't lame and basically saying its ok if you like other style over your own city but all you see is NYers on their "I'm from NY so I'm better than you" tip but you say your in denial if you think your city is better???? after you just went on about you visiting these other "little cities" and people jocking you and going back to NY to brag????

how is it that everyone else is expected to give others their props, especially LA or NY but I don't see no NYers giving other cities their props?
actually no smh. New yorkers arent on no "im from nyc im better then you". The main reason why i never say nothing to eek who is a true new yorker is the fact that he can back anything up. Most people say new yorkers do this and that but cant even back up their own city. At least most of the new yorkers can back up their city by posting stuff up instead of talking rubbish.

BTW i never said people jock me when i go to other cities. re read the post.

i just explained to you why people from l.a or nyc might not give people props.

Old 01-19-2011, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
no the problem isn't that not everyone in nyc can dress. We new yorkers know this more then you out of towners. Our problem is whenever we have a debate fashion. Out of towners always claim that "new yorkers think everyone in new york gets fly". Personally once i hear someone say that retarded arrogant statement that pretty much lets me know that you know your city isnt as fly but just want to instegate a debate thats pointless.

I never heard no new yorker or even a new yorker on this forum say every new yorkers can dress . Now "new yorkers being more fly then most and all cities in the country" yes i have heard this and because of our status around the world a lot of new yorkers will say their the flyest and have enough proof to back it up.
I didn't say u said that, that's the general consensus. Lemme ask u this, whats more important, buying something based on the name, what's hot at the moment, or what makes u different from everybody else?

Old 01-19-2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
and I never said aknowledging others style is teamin, the person from LA said everybody was biased for voting for their own city and not LA, which would be teaming if people from other places would just automatically pick LA because its LA and not vote for their own city. It just shows how much pride you don't have in your own city and its people
thats not the idea at all. The people would be voting for l.a because they have seen l.a fashion not because its l.a . Thats exactly what im trying to say. If i see fashion in paris and i think their fashion is much better then my city of nyc go ahead make a Paris vs nyc thread and im voting for Paris because ive been their and seen their fashion. I wouldst vote for Paris because of its name.

Old 01-19-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
actually no smh. New yorkers arent on no "im from nyc im better then you". The main reason why i never say nothing to eek who is a true new yorker is the fact that he can back anything up. Most people say new yorkers do this and that but cant even back up their own city. At least most of the new yorkers can back up their city by posting stuff up instead of talking rubbish.

BTW i never said people jock me when i go to other cities. re read the post.

i just explained to you why people from l.a or nyc might not give people props.
Jordan, u did say people jock u when u go to other cities. Just not on this thread.

Old 01-19-2011, 05:58 PM

Quote:
I didn't say u said that, that's the general consensus. Lemme ask u this, whats more important, buying something based on the name, what's hot at the moment, or what makes u different from everybody else?
i will keep it real im a mix of name and a little bit of whats hot at the moment.

why the name? simple because im a fan of certain clothing brands.

why a little bit of whats hot at moment? Because i just love being up to date but at the same time i dont like wearing what everyone else has. Example...in nyc most of the people who have a penfield jacket have the tan/plad red versions. Now as for me when i bought mines did i get that color? Hell no i got me a black on black coat which so far i have only seen 3 people with not 400 people with.

As for individual style? I got that 2 if you add me on facebook and look at my main pick you will see that the outfit i got on isnt what a lot of the nyc cats where. But it does fit in with the jamaican community though.

Old 01-19-2011, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Jordan, u did say people jock u when u go to other cities. Just not on this thread.
no i said the girls not people. I would never say something that homosexual. If i really did say that then please show me it, and ill re classify it.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:00 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,392,054 times
Quote:
it would be so much better if people from Detroit showed they rock these clothes on camera. The only rapper from Detroit that shows me detroit fly is big sean. But alot of these other local Detroit rappers obviously dont be on the fashion tip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA7MgiUOEvU&feature=fvw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dljaE...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy2hg...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qw2t7LmQ7s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTJJhsp17AY

Old 01-19-2011, 06:05 PM

as far as clothing goes the video that impressed me was the third video. Fly people in that clip. The first video was my fav seeing their car game(aint see so much clothing though). The last video homies style look cool. The second video i aint know what that guy was doing lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City