Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 08:49 AM

67 posts, read 342,219 times

Advertisements

Thanks for reading. Some information about myself. I have a couple years to make this decision, just looking to get a head start. I'm looking for a place that is family friendly and has some good small towns within about 30-45 minutes to the actual city. I'm christian methodest, and go to church often. I love sports, college and professional. I'm looking to get a major in sports journalism or architecture, so if either place has a higher demand for either, that would be good to know. I love outdoors activities and beautiful scenery. I actually don't mind the rain that much, and humidity isn't too much of a problem. I don't like humidity, but I don't hate it and can live with it. My favorite time of the year is summer, specifically 4th of July. Based on this info, which of these two cities would you say is best for me? Thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for any answers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2011, 11:57 AM

Also, add to that list a dog friendly place. Thanks.

Old 05-15-2011, 01:41 PM

79 posts, read 239,080 times
Seattle

Old 05-15-2011, 02:27 PM

Thanks for the reply.

Old 05-15-2011, 05:40 PM

818 posts, read 1,388,871 times
Miami for all your requirements, its a football hotbed and will never be bored there.

Old 05-15-2011, 06:01 PM

Thanks for the reply. Any other input is appreciated.

Old 05-16-2011, 11:54 AM

Anyone else have anything to say?

Old 05-17-2011, 07:11 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,892,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeahok View Post
Thanks for reading. Some information about myself. I have a couple years to make this decision, just looking to get a head start. I'm looking for a place that is family friendly and has some good small towns within about 30-45 minutes to the actual city. I'm christian methodest, and go to church often. I love sports, college and professional. I'm looking to get a major in sports journalism or architecture, so if either place has a higher demand for either, that would be good to know. I love outdoors activities and beautiful scenery. I actually don't mind the rain that much, and humidity isn't too much of a problem. I don't like humidity, but I don't hate it and can live with it. My favorite time of the year is summer, specifically 4th of July. Based on this info, which of these two cities would you say is best for me? Thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for any answers.
I think for what you want, both Miami and Seattle would work. Do you like beaches and warm weather more months of the year?

Miami is very overbuilt right now, but I think Miami is a bigger sports town in general than Seattle.

Seattle is going nuts with MLS soccer right now and Miami loves their NBA and I think they are about to bust out a whole lot of MLB fans with the new ballpark.

So really it's close. I would go more for Seattle for the neighborhoods and suburbs they offer vs Miami. Suburban Miami is very bland as you get away from the coast while Seattle has a lot of dense, close in mixed use suburbs that I think you would enjoy.

Also, Seattle is in the Pacific NW. Close to British Columbia and Oregon and all that good stuff. Florida doesn't do as much for me personally.

Both towns are great and Miami is extremely overbuilt so you could pick up a home cheap there right now. But I'm thinking Seattle.

Haha, I'm sure that helped you out a lot!

Old 05-18-2011, 06:46 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,842,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous Past View Post
Miami for all your requirements, its a football hotbed and will never be bored there.
Thats a lie Im a native and it gets tired after a while

Old 05-21-2011, 08:45 AM

At KC, it did, thank you. Im leaning towards Miami, but I've heard it's only for singles and you shouldn't move there if you're married with kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City