Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What place would be better for me
Miami 13 15.29%
Seattle 32 37.65%
Denver 40 47.06%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 12:50 PM

89 posts, read 165,435 times

Advertisements

Ok, I'm adding a couple of things. I would edit them in to the first post, but the edit button disappeared.
- I love hockey. Watching it and playing it. If I could I would be on the ice every day all day, but I have a life to live
- I have a rottwieler.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2011, 01:54 PM

113 posts, read 296,903 times
Seattle!

Old 07-12-2011, 07:59 AM

I know it's late, but thanks for the reply. Lol

Old 07-12-2011, 01:02 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,560,914 times
If you like hiking and snow why on Earth did you even include Miami? It never snows in Miami and there aren't even hills much less mountains!

Old 07-12-2011, 01:10 PM

I know that, I included Miami because I can live without them.

Old 07-12-2011, 02:13 PM

2,563 posts, read 6,056,314 times
Based on your other thread I would say Miami.... the one where you say Miami is your top choice but your concerned about your dog and safety. Miami has plenty of safe areas and Rottweillers..

Based on this thread I'm not so sure though. One thing I would consider is that Miami is conservative in some regards, mostly that the majority are Catholic but it is very very liberal on most social issues. Denver not so much. To me the social environment would be more of a factor than whether my dog will have to adjust to the heat. Dogs like people are pretty resiliant.

Old 07-12-2011, 02:40 PM

This was from like, a month ago. Right now, I think my order is Seattle, Miami, Denver. I honestly have no idea though. And religion isn't really that big, I would just like to be able to go to a nice church every once in a while.

Old 07-13-2011, 08:16 PM

604 posts, read 1,520,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDborn View Post
Thanks for reading. You can reply or vote, I don't mind either. Here are the criteria:
- I love sports, college, pro and highschool
- My favorite time of the year is summer, especially the 4th of July, and I love watching 4th of July fireworks
- I love camping, hiking, boating, and just being outside.
- I like snow in the winter, but I can live without it.
- I would like a good place to raise a family
- I would like a place with zoo's, aquariums, museums, ect..
- I like warm weather, but I also like cold weather
- I like being around bodies of water, but just like snow, it's not a necessity

Id go with Seattle first, then Denver.

Its already July 13th, and there is still skiing at Crystal Mountain only an hour drive away from Seattle. Plus Seattle is close to three National Parks, (the Olympics, North Cascades, and Mt. Rainier).

Although Seattle is wet and rainy in the winter, you can find plenty of snow only a 30-40 minute drive east of the city. The Cascades and Olympics recieve some of the heaviest snowfalls in the world (up to 1000 inches in a season in spots).

Seattle is close to Puget Sound, and the Pacific Ocean. Denver is nice, but a bit to dry for my tastes.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:20 AM

After researching the criteria, I put Seattle first with Denver a close second. After looking at housing, they're tied. The Seattle area has some nice houses, but the Denver area has a lot of nice houses for not as much. Plus, a lot of the Denver area houses I saw had views of the Rockies. Keep in mind, I was just looking to get a general idea of housing in both places.

Old 07-14-2011, 02:45 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,003,827 times
- I love sports, college, pro and highschool Well Denver and Miami have all big 4 and college. Seattle is missing basketball and NHL. Miami has University of Miami and the best high school football and baseball in the country.
- My favorite time of the year is summer, especially the 4th of July, and I love watching 4th of July fireworks Well summers in Seattle and Denver will be nice. Hot and raining in Miami. But then it rains a lot in Seattle too.
- I love camping, hiking, boating, and just being outside. Well all three cities have this. Seattle has a mix of both coast and mountains. Miami outdoors i more of a boating, coast thing. But parts of Florida do have some "hills" and lakes rivers etc.. Miami is bordered by two national parks. Biscayne National Park a Coral Reef and of course the Everglades.
- I like snow in the winter, but I can live without it. Well Denver lots of snow, Seattle you can drive and see some in a short distance. Miami forget about it.
- I would like a good place to raise a family Seattle or Denver is probably better for this with better public schools. But its all personal choices. Miami can be a great place too.
- I would like a place with zoo's, aquariums, museums, ect.. I am not sure about Denver or Seattle on this one. But Miami has one of the best and largest zoo's in the country, has parrot jungle another small zoo with exotic animals. Well its not small but small compared to the main zoo. Also the Miami seaquarium. One of the better ones in the country with Killer Whales, seals, fish etc..
- I like warm weather, but I also like cold weather. Warm Miami, Cold Denver, medium Seattle
- I like being around bodies of water, but just like snow, it's not a necessity Well Miami you can really enjoy the water a lot. Seattle its there but its no tropical beach. Denver well nothing.

Given what you said I think Seattle may be the best fit. But there is a lot that goes into choosing a place to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City