Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ...........
DC 49 44.95%
ATL 49 44.95%
Tied 11 10.09%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 03:00 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,840,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
Dudes dancing to Bmore club music is like project koolaid. SWEET. I have never heard of a go go being boring. You sound dumb.
Thanks for Saying I sound Dumb. And dancing to Go GO is like danceing to the sounds of pots and pans being washed in Diswasher. Well today will be your first time hearing someone say it. ITS BORING!!! with the exception of a few songs I do happen to like.

The girls on this Forum love to try and Insult people.

Old 06-15-2011, 03:03 PM

5,347 posts, read 10,157,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
events, Atlanta

bars, D.C

clubbing, Atlanta

lounges, D.C

strip clubs, Atlanta

college Tie

parties Atlanta

concerts, Tie

sports, Tie

LET ME FIX IT FOR YOU

Party districts - dc

Upscale clubs - dc

Upscale parties - dc

Upscale clubbing - dc

Crunk clubbing - Atl

Crunk bars - At

Old 06-15-2011, 03:04 PM

5,347 posts, read 10,157,846 times
Quote:
Thanks for Saying I sound Dumb. And dancing to Go GO is like danceing to the sounds of pots and pans being washed in Diswasher. Well today will be your first time hearing someone say it. ITS BORING!!! with the exception of a few songs I do happen to like.

The girls on this Forum love to try and Insult people.

If you are country, then you are country! Don't run from it. Embrace it with your gold fronts.

Old 06-15-2011, 03:06 PM

13,727 posts, read 15,751,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
That energy is the same thing fans of crunk music or New Orleans bounce music or metal music fans love about their music.
This is true. Except Crunk and New Orleans bounce is not live. Nothing compares except for Metal which would be the only equivalent in atmosphere to a GoGo. At clubs, the atmosphere changes with the songs played and can die pretty easy then pick up. At concerts which is what a GoGo is, the atmosphere changes depending on the speed of the music the band is playing. They are completely different atmospheres.

Old 06-15-2011, 03:07 PM

8,485 posts, read 14,994,819 times
Quote:
I dont like it I live Baltimore Philly/Jersey Party music better thats just me. NOw I did like the Go Go beat they use in Amerie Song (One thing)
Real talk, I just like Amerie.

Old 06-15-2011, 03:10 PM

2,848 posts, read 6,436,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Real talk, I just like Amerie.
If every Korean/Black woman came out looking like her I say Koreans and AAs should form a coalition.

Old 06-15-2011, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Yeah those are Hot I remember those songs. See I can listen to it in that format.
This is very mellow. Maybe you prefer this form of GoGo. Let me know what you think.

YouTube - ‪Be'la Dona with Marsha Ambrosius‬‏

The same band playing something fast.

YouTube - ‪Shannon on the Drums with Be'la Dona.MOV‬‏

Old 06-15-2011, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
This is true. Except Crunk and New Orleans bounce is not live. Nothing compares except for Metal which would be the only equivalent in atmosphere to a GoGo. At clubs, the atmosphere changes with the songs played and can die pretty easy then pick up. At concerts which is what a GoGo is, the atmosphere changes depending on the speed of the music the band is playing. They are completely different atmospheres.
New Orlean's bounce music is directly based on music played by live brass bands in New Orleans and I've heard brass bands play bounce songs before and it sounds good. It really gets people from NO crunk too.

Old 06-15-2011, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
New Orlean's bounce music is directly based on music played by live brass bands in New Orleans and I've heard brass bands play bounce songs before and it sounds good. It really gets people from NO crunk too.
I'm not familiar with this scene in New Orleans. How big a scene is bounce in New Orleans? How many bands play any given night in New Orleans? How many New Orleans bounce band clubs are there in the city? Is it a 7 nights a week schedule?

Old 06-15-2011, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
I'm not familiar with this scene in New Orleans. How big a scene is bounce in New Orleans? How many bands play any given night in New Orleans? How many New Orleans bounce band clubs are there in the city? Is it a 7 nights a week schedule?
In case you didn't know live music period is huge in New Orleans it's only the home of Louis Armstrong and several other jazz greats and the birthplace of Jazz. They were playing and listening to live music in lots of bars all over New Orleans every night over 100 years ago and still do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City