Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ...........
DC 49 44.95%
ATL 49 44.95%
Tied 11 10.09%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 01:39 PM

5,347 posts, read 10,161,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
I can name over 20 venues in atl metro that r open until 6am. I can't name one place in dc.I van name over 20 strip clubs here.dc doesn't have that. Dc doesn't have as many big events that bring visitors as atl. Dc doesn't have real dance clubs...only lounges.
Oh most definitely, I will give you the strip clubs. Nobody touches the ATL in that aspect, not even NYC or Vegas. Are they the classiest places? No. But by sheer numbers, you have a lot. As for dances clubs, DC is more of a bottle service city. We have had this conversation before. If I want to dance, I usually go to a go go. The crowd in DC is more refined than the ATL plus the variety of women are better. ATL has fine AA women.

Old 06-15-2011, 01:43 PM

2,848 posts, read 6,438,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
This is who people party with in Atlanta? Soulja Boy, Wacka Flocka, and Gucci are too country for me..I'll pass but like I said earlier, to each his own. ABCDEFGH......LOL...too funny
Yeah. that video is really old. Ha Ha . Soulja Boy is rarely ever seen in Atlanta. Seems he spends most of his time out in Los Angeles now. Wacka Flocka and Gucci on the other hand are passionately loved and adored by really really hood types all over the south east and you can frequently catch them at the more dangerous clubs deep inside the hoods here. But I haven't even mentioned those clubs. There are so many upscale clubs with much more upscale entertainment that I don't even have to bring those type of clubs up when talking about Atlanta's nightlife. From Jazz Bars, to Live Blues, to Upscale hip hop to old skool hip hop to Salsa and Electronic Dance,raggae and so much more you can see without ever stepping foot into a crunk or trap music club.

Old 06-15-2011, 01:51 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,841,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
I'm just saying that on any given night, you can do a wide variety of things. For example on 9th Street (Little Ethiopia) in DC, you can go to a couple of spots that feature "Hookah" smoking with some of the most beautiful Ethiopian women on the planet. Or you can go Uptown (Georgia Avenue and and hit some Reggae/Soca/Calyso spots and do a belly rub. DC has a totally different vibe than the ATL. The vibe in Atlanta is like partying with Little John all the time.

This would be subjective then right? Its like to each its own. I dont like bars and getting wasted I like music whether its Baltimore club or hip hop, pop etc, I want to be able to dance and get my drink on not stand around and be cute all night.. There is so much that goes on in the A its crazy but I guess too each its own I havent had a dull moment in Atlanta and I havent had one in either DC If Atlanta can handle itsself with out a club district imagine if there were some in the A. Oh and strip clubs man atlanta is the king when it comes to strip clubs.. Im from Miami so Im use to the mega clubs dancing and Doing hard partying.

Old 06-15-2011, 01:59 PM

13,728 posts, read 15,760,072 times
If you like southern hip hop music, then Atlanta is the place to party. That's all they really play down there at the clubs. It's amazing the difference in music in different cities though. Every city caters to their region. The northeast, the southeast, the midwest, the west coast. I think that is why people love their region's so much. It's what they are used too music and culture wise.

Old 06-15-2011, 02:06 PM

8,486 posts, read 14,999,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
You have to admit that the spot is packed!
LOL, nah, that's not what a packed club looks like in Atlanta. Keep in mind that the dancefloor shown in the next two videos is just one of the three dancefloors in that place...and that is one of the "smaller" big clubs in the city:

YouTube - ‪Armin Van Buuren at Opera Nightclub Atlanta‬‏

YouTube - ‪Lil Jon at Opera Nightclub Atlanta‬‏

^That's how Lil Jon parties ....though I am not a fan of this new electro-hop craze that seems to be big now.

Old 06-15-2011, 02:07 PM

8,486 posts, read 14,999,411 times
Quote:
If you like southern hip hop music, then Atlanta is the place to party. That's all they really play down there at the clubs.
Good lord dude, why in the world do you keep posting this? It's not even close to being true. Stop getting your information from BET music videos.

Old 06-15-2011, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
This would be subjective then right? Its like to each its own. I dont like bars and getting wasted I like music whether its Baltimore club or hip hop, pop etc, I want to be able to dance and get my drink on not stand around and be cute all night.. There is so much that goes on in the A its crazy but I guess too each its own I havent had a dull moment in Atlanta and I havent had one in either DC If Atlanta can handle itsself with out a club district imagine if there were some in the A. Oh and strip clubs man atlanta is the king when it comes to strip clubs.. Im from Miami so Im use to the mega clubs dancing and Doing hard partying.
I'm still wondering where all this partying is at a club in any city. I have never been to a club in any city from coast to coast northern border to southern border in the United States that had non stop movement and partying from wall to wall for 5 hours straight. Now what I have seen is a GoGo show have wall to wall partying non stop from wall to wall. That's why clubs in every city are whack and DC clubs are no different. You are paying to see a DJ play CD's you have in your car and dancing in the middle of a room. You can do that in your house for free.

Where is the live 5 hour nationally renown hip hop show at the club 4-5 days a week? Where is the live nationally renown rapper with accompanying band 4-5 times a week doing a 4 hour concert at the club so we can party? Clubs are boring in every city. Too much standing around listening to CD's, Ipod connections, or Itune playlists and that goes for hood clubs too. Once a song comes on everyone likes, people go crazy till that song goes off..lol...it doesn't come close to the energy at a GoGo show. Just boring!

Old 06-15-2011, 02:13 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,841,679 times
Quote:
If you like southern hip hop music, then Atlanta is the place to party. That's all they really play down there at the clubs. It's amazing the difference in music in different cities though. Every city caters to their region. The northeast, the southeast, the midwest, the west coast. I think that is why people love their region's so much. It's what they are used too music and culture wise.
Not true at all I can show you plenty of spots that play alot of other music besides Hip hop. And if you dont know that then that means you really havent been out in Atlanta. I guess I would know since I been living here for 7 years.

Old 06-15-2011, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Good lord dude, why in the world do you keep posting this? It's not even close to being true. Stop getting your information from BET music videos.
I have been to many clubs in Atlanta and the black crowd clubs do play mainly souther artists. Do you live in Atlanta? If you did, you wouldn't even dispute the fact that every region plays mostly music from their region at least in black clubs from my experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City