Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ...........
DC 49 44.95%
ATL 49 44.95%
Tied 11 10.09%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 06:43 AM

2,848 posts, read 6,436,427 times

Advertisements

It's true that Atlanta doesn't have a central bar or club district. You have to be more in the know to find out what's going on in Atlanta. But there's always lots going on.

Examples: The last time I had family here that wanted to party I looked up ahead of time to see what was going to be happening and found out Jamie Fox was having his birthday party at the compound that weekend. I RSVPd and reserved a ticket for them and they had a blast.

Me and my friend needed something to do for Memorial Day last year and here it was.

YouTube - ‪The Sunset Lounge @ Shout! - 05/30 - Memorial Weekend 2010‬‏

The same promoters even threw this second party later that night in Buckhead.

YouTube - ‪The Art Of Seduction @ Aja - 05/29/10 - Memorial Weekend‬‏

Old 06-15-2011, 07:07 AM

5,347 posts, read 10,156,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I know, but it's harder to find, imo.

Another big reason DC is better, imo, is the fact that it's easier to bounce around from spot to spot. On any given Friday, you can check out Vinoteca to chill and sip some wine, and if that doesn't satisfy you, you can head across the Street to Bohemian Cavern for some nice jazz. And if the Cavern's not crackin, you can walk one block and go to Ben's Next Door for hip hop. And if Ben's doesn't suit you, you can walk one more block to Patty Boom Boom for some good reggae. And if you're still not happy, you can cross the street and go to Tabaq. And if you just want to grab a beer and watch a soccer game, you can walk down the stoop at Tabaq and walk up the stoop next door at Touchdown (formerly Momo's). And if you aren't satisfied with any of those places, you can go to Masa 14, Policy, Jin, Marvin, the Gibson, Local 16, Chi Cha Lounge, Stetson's, Alero, Liv, Bar Nun, Bus Boys & Poets, Indulj or Saint Ex, all within a one to two block radius.

Still unhappy? Jump in a cab and go to Adams-Morgan, Chinatown, H Street, Dupont Circle, K Street, Woodley Park, Georgetown or Eastern Market.

In Atlanta, it would take you a week to go to that many places.

This!^^^^ Vinoteca is a beast!

Old 06-15-2011, 08:45 AM

2,848 posts, read 6,436,427 times
Ok D.C. Gloves Off.

The Entertainment Industry (especially the Music Industry) being such a big part of Atlanta insures it constantly has more and greater parties than D.C. It's really, really not even close. Yeah D.C.'s nightlife is more visible because it's more concentrated but that doesn't change the fact that there's just wayy waay more going on in Atlanta and on a grander scale.

Black Actors , musicians and athletes from all over the country love partying in Atlanta. Many of them have moved here. It's ridiculous how many famous black athletes have. Your favorite black athlete on your team probably lives here no matter where you're from and a big reason for that is the party scene here. I don't like the term but they don't call it Black Hollywood for nothing.

Here are just some of the parties and events that took place in Atlanta in 2010 til now.

In the first video. Amerie, Jermaine Dupree, Bow Wow, Terrence J, Vanessa and Angela Simmons, Young Dro, Allen Iverson, Vivica A. Fox and Olivea partying at the Geisha House.
Big Boi of Outkast Album release party.
Stacy Dash, Camron, and Allen Iverson parying at Compound.
Chris Brown, Vivica Fox, others partying at Echelon 3000
Gabrielle Union chillin at Primal
Floyd Mayweather throws $15,000 to fans at his Birthday party at Echelon 3000
Ludachris chillin at the Sunset Lounge
P. Diddy throws a party for Erithean soccer at Compound

YouTube - ‪ATL Parties Spring/Summer 2010‬‏

Here at a party at Mansion Elan during Luda Days. In attendance were Ludachris, Chris Brown, Rhianna, Tyrese, Ciara, Vin Diesel, and Kelly Rowland among others.

YouTube - ‪LUDADAYS‬‏

During BET Weekend after the Awards Show at the Mansion Elan a party with P. Diddy, Rick Ross, Jim Jones, Juelz Santana, Red Cafe, Busta Rhymes, Mike Epps, Keri Hilson, Flo Rida, and others.

YouTube - ‪MansionBETPrty‬‏

Niki Minaj performs at Trina's birthday party at Club Miami in Atlanta.

YouTube - ‪Niki Manji-Trina Club Miami ATL‬‏

Biz Markie, Common, Drake, Meagan Goode, Ciara, Jermaine Dupree, Pastor Troy and others at a party at Compound.

YouTube - ‪TheCompound ATL‬‏

DJ Kool and Dougie Fresh perform at Sol Fusion at Aja in Buckhead.

YouTube - ‪Sol Fusion 8th Anniversary‬‏

Nas Album Release Party at Club Esso with Damien Marley.

YouTube - ‪ESSONas‬‏

Mary J Blige perfoms at Echelon 3000

YouTube - ‪MaryJ@Ech3000‬‏

Common performs at Havanna Club. Fat Joe was there.

YouTube - ‪Havanah MOCommon‬‏

Kimora Lee Simmons and Warren G host Icon Mondays at Tongue and Groove

YouTube - ‪Kimora Lee Simmons: Icon Mondays "Armand de Brignac (Ace of Spades) Champagne"Upscale & Furious Ent‬‏
Neyo's album release party "Champaign Life" at MF Sushi Buckhead.

YouTube - ‪The Champagne Life Presented By Moet Rose' & Hosted By Neyo @ MF Room - 09.01.10‬‏
Gucci Manes Album release party at Club Esso.

YouTube - ‪EssoGCm‬‏

D.C.s own Wale performs at Opera.

YouTube - ‪Wale at Opera Atlanta‬‏

Waka Flocka and Young Joc at Juicy Couture Fashion Show at Tongue and Groove.

YouTube - ‪T&GICMonJC‬‏

AUC invitation party at the Luckie Lounge

YouTube - ‪Lukie Lounge Atlanta The Invitation‬‏

I took up too much space as is so I didn't show you some others including B.O.B performing at Club Miami. Allen Iverson's Mansion Pool Party with the Atlanta Dyme girls, The AUC Homecoming party at the W, DMX and Ludachris performing at Club Esso, T.I. performing at the Luckie Lounge, Biz Markie and Common performing at the W, Jamie Foxx's Birthday party at the Compound, P. Diddys Dirty Money Album release parties at the Compound, Ciara's birthday party at the Gold Room, Keri Hilson's Album Release party at the Gold Room, Rick Ross Album release party at Esso, Kiesha Cole pumping up a New Years crowd at Vision, Nelly performing and Cee Lo at Club Echelon. And the list goes on. Trust me it really does go on and on and on.

Last edited by Galounger; 06-15-2011 at 09:57 AM..

Old 06-15-2011, 11:28 AM

749 posts, read 1,316,252 times
Which one has a better bar scene? I dont think I would attend any of those parties or events.

Old 06-15-2011, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
Ok D.C. Gloves Off.

The Entertainment Industry (especially the Music Industry) being such a big part of Atlanta insures it constantly has more and greater parties than D.C. It's really, really not even close. Yeah D.C.'s nightlife is more visible because it's more concentrated but that doesn't change the fact that there's just wayy waay more going on in Atlanta and on a grander scale.

Black Actors , musicians and athletes from all over the country love partying in Atlanta. Many of them have moved here. It's ridiculous how many famous black athletes have. Your favorite black athlete on your team probably lives here no matter where you're from and a big reason for that is the party scene here. I don't like the term but they don't call it Black Hollywood for nothing.

Here are just some of the parties and events that took place in Atlanta in 2010 til now.

In the first video. Amerie, Jermaine Dupree, Bow Wow, Terrence J, Vanessa and Angela Simmons, Young Dro, Allen Iverson, Vivica A. Fox and Olivea partying at the Geisha House.

Here at a party at Mansion Elan during Luda Days. In attendance were Ludachris, Chris Brown, Rhianna, Tyrese, Ciara, Vin Diesel, and Kelly Rowland among others.

YouTube - ‪LUDADAYS‬‏

During BET Weekend after the Awards Show at the Mansion Elan a party with P. Diddy, Rick Ross, Jim Jones, Juelz Santana, Red Cafe, Busta Rhymes, Mike Epps, Keri Hilson, Flo Rida, and others.

Biz Markie, Common, Drake, Meagan Goode, Ciara, Jermaine Dupree, Pastor Troy and others at a party at Compound.

YouTube - ‪ESSONas‬‏

YouTube - ‪Kimora Lee Simmons: Icon Mondays "Armand de Brignac (Ace of Spades) Champagne"Upscale & Furious Ent‬‏

YouTube - ‪The Champagne Life Presented By Moet Rose' & Hosted By Neyo @ MF Room - 09.01.10‬‏

YouTube - ‪EssoGCm‬‏

YouTube - ‪T&GICMonJC‬‏

I took up too much space as is so I didn't show you some others including B.O.B performing at Club Miami. Allen Iverson's Mansion Pool Party with the Atlanta Dyme girls, The AUC Homecoming party at the W, DMX and Ludachris performing at Club Esso, T.I. performing at the Luckie Lounge, Biz Markie and Common performing at the W, Jamie Foxx's Birthday party at the Compound, P. Diddys Dirty Money Album release parties at the Compound, Ciara's birthday party at the Gold Room, Keri Hilson's Album Release party at the Gold Room, Rick Ross Album release party at Esso, Kiesha Cole pumping up a New Years crowd at Vision, Nelly performing and Cee Lo at Club Echelon. And the list goes on. Trust me it really does go on and on and on.

Are you serious! Black actors? Come on dude. DC is the richest majority black city. Not the ATL. Atlanta is cheap compared to DC. All the big ballers party in DC. Howard's Homecoming use to be legendary. DC's Carnival is top 2 in the country. Plus DC has a wider variety of parties catering to everyone. Not just that BS dirty south music. Look up the name Marc and Taz on Google. The same actors and athletes that are in the ATL party in DC. Plus, DC has more upscale clubs, more nightlife districts and just more variety. Plus Atlanta has no answer for DC go go, which is another culture within itself. You are showing scenes from individual clubs in strip malls, I can show you entire party districts filled with more clubs and lounges and more variety from Latin to Black to Ethopian. DC's Adams Morgan neighborhood has been featured on "Wild On" with Brooke Burke on E. They only feature the hottest party spots from around the world.

Snoop at Ibiza

YouTube - ‪Snoop Dogg at Ibiza in D.C. performing numerous hit songs‬‏

Drake at Love

YouTube - ‪Drake Performance Highlights at Club LOVE‬‏

Rick Ross at Love

YouTube - ‪Rick Ross Love Dc‬‏

Lima

YouTube - ‪Lima Nightclub and Lounge in Washington DC.‬‏

Bravo Bravo

YouTube - ‪PRINCE ROYCE - RECHAZAME @ BRAVO BRAVO DC‬‏

Bohemian Cavern

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFiRs_tUw0

Chuck Brown at the 930 Club

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL_IadHBrJ8

Nicki Minaj at the DC Star

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIS_RobKBCg&feature=fvst

Last edited by DC's Finest; 06-15-2011 at 11:52 AM..

Old 06-15-2011, 11:47 AM

13,727 posts, read 15,741,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
Ok D.C. Gloves Off.

YouTube - ‪LUDADAYS‬‏

YouTube - ‪ESSONas‬‏

YouTube - ‪EssoGCm‬‏

YouTube - ‪T&GICMonJC‬‏

Ummmm...couple things

Every city has stars come perform at their clubs. Nightlife is measured better when there isn't a special party or guest appearance. DC's clubs are packed even when nobody special is at those clubs. Unless you can show an area where there are tons of people walking outside in the city without surface parking lots..lol...and energy everywhere, then just stop. Every club is pretty much the same inside if the DJ is good and the women are good. That goes for cities coast to coast. That's why I like live music which Atlanta isn't even in the same ball park as DC in. The biggest difference in club perception is the atmosphere around the city in my opinion. How many people are walking the streets? What is the vibe like around the club districts? How close together are the club districts? Can you walk to different districts? How loud is the city? In DC you have U Street, Adam's Morgan, Dupont Circle, Downtown DC (14th and Park, K Street lounge etc.) which are all in walking distance or a short Metro ride from each other. It's a real city of people everywhere instead of in their cars with empty sidewalks. The build up to your destinations is a lot better. Atlanta doesn't have this element though. But to each his own right.

Old 06-15-2011, 11:57 AM

4,688 posts, read 8,018,485 times
DC clubs have no energy. People dont even PARTY in DC unless you are at a go go. Like I said if you want to stand around and look cool then DC is the place to be but if you want to really party Atlanta is where it's at. You all know this already so I do not know why you are not admitting that the energy in the DC clubs are BORING. I dont care how big or how many floors a club has, if nobody is dancing and everybody is standing around it doesnt mean much.

Old 06-15-2011, 12:02 PM

H Street N.E. is a new party area in DC that is becoming one of the city's hottest spots with everything from R&B to Metal to Hip Hop. The district is 12 blocks of clubs, lounges, restaurants and bars. This video shows people outside partying to a remake of MJ's Thriller. You can't do this in the Atl on any given night. If this is not your fortay, then get on the train and go to Chinatown or U Street or Dupont Circle or K Street or Adams Morgan or Columbia Heights or Penn Quarter or Easter Market or Woodley Park or Georgetown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzADgyUVpm8

Old 06-15-2011, 12:04 PM

8,485 posts, read 14,993,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
This video shows people outside partying to a remake of MJ's Thriller. You can't do this in the Atl on any given night.
Why would any one (in any city) want to do that on any given night?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City