Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2012, 06:20 PM

711 posts, read 1,497,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaticVillage View Post
Besides, even if certain Mid-Atlantic hoods are more crime-ridden than out West in 2012; which is not true. California hoods are infamous throughout the country and the world for a reason. The hardest of thugs in Newark, NJ claiming Blood and Crip are dying to explain to you how their local New Jersey Blood and Crip sets were founded by "official" Bloods and Crips from Los Angeles in the 90's. I remember I was at the annual summer Artscape festival in Baltimore a few years ago and I was a little drunk standing on the sidelines of the festival and ended up striking up a conversation with a wild 17 year old kid fresh out of jail claiming he was a Blood and he said that he was very proud that "real g's" from L.A. had come through Baltimore to "g check" him and say his homegrown Baltimore set was official.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
No offense but your logic is borderline retarded. As far a I'm concerned those Baltimore bloods and crips aren't even the reason b more is dangerous.

And this just proves my statement correct . L.a overall has a low crime rate so crime rates mean little to nothing if you ask me.
The bloods and crips that's just some Tribal B/S they need hugs...

People that kill each other over bandana colors is absolutely ridiculous...

That's almost as stupid as when 800,000 people chopped each other up with machetes in Rwanda.

Where are the parents?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2012, 06:50 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,528,381 times
typical west coast ghetto - not great, but not terrible

Old 09-21-2012, 09:18 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,923,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_starks View Post
typical west coast ghetto - not great, but not terrible
I love those Date Palms in the back. One of my favorite Palm Trees.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:28 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,399,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendof302 View Post

That's almost as stupid as when 800,000 people chopped each other up with machetes in Rwanda.

Where are the parents?
idk about the other east coast cities but i posted a link of the nyc gangs of 2012 in the nyc forum, and as of right now bloods and crips are almost non existent.

only the west indian people hold on to it since the crap has reached their homelands now

but all though the poster may be right about bloods and crips on the east coast(not all of the east cost) but their not the reason the eastcoast is gutter. To be honest with you their all posers to me(real or fake)

Old 09-27-2012, 09:55 PM

587 posts, read 1,410,552 times
Some East Coast posters are not being completely honest. Not all East Coast ghettos look bombed out like Baltimore or Chester. Actually, some East Coast hoods are comparable to Cali hoods aesthetically. Take Prince George's County for instance. It is safe to say nowhere in PG looks bombed out like Baltimore. PG County is pretty much plywood free. DC does not have anywhere near the level of blight as Baltimore either. Yet, people in Maryland lump inner beltway PG in the same category of ghettoness as Park Heights or North Avenue in Baltimore; and for a good reason. Some of the worst areas of PG look like generic inner ring suburbia with older split level homes from the 50's and 60's. This is what the infamous Landover, Maryland looks like. There have been many murders in this area over the years, check the stats:

Google Maps

All murders in Prince George's County, MD 2005-2011

The ironic part about it is that some of the worst neighborhoods in PG look almost indistinguishable from much safer neighborhoods in Montgomery County in places like Wheaton.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:07 PM

587 posts, read 1,410,552 times
Quote:
L.a overall has a low crime rate so crime rates mean little to nothing if you ask me.
But you can't compare a second tier ghetto city like Baltimore with a world class city like L.A. where the wealthier areas offset the high crime areas. Thats like saying the projects in NYC in places like Queensbridge are somehow not as bad as the ghetto areas in Baltimore, historically, because NYC has a much lower overall crime rate than Baltimore. But any casual Hip Hop fan knows this is not true because the lyrics of Nas and Mobb Deep are somehow more credible than any statistical analysis. The ghetto is same everywhere, buddy.

But Baltimore is a poor city, period. The median income for a family in Baltimore isn't even 40K a year. Poor people far outnumber the wealthy and even middle class folks in Baltimore which explains the higher overall crime rate for the entire city, scientist. But I can guarantee you there are areas of L.A. that are just as bad, historically, in terms of crime as anywhere in Baltimore. In the 80's, LAPD battering ram tanks literally cruised the streets of L.A. ghettos knocking down the doors of drug dealers and gang bangers.

http://framework.latimes.com/2010/10...battering-ram/

Also, the level of mayhem seen in the 1992 L.A. riots hasn't been seen in Baltimore since Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated. In fact, the L.A. riots were statistically the worst riots in the past century and none of the riots from the 60's from any city in America caused as much death and damage as those L.A. riots in 92'. In addition, Bloods and Crips from L.A. are worshipped by thugs worldwide because they were organized and deep like a military battalion:

Rollin 60's Neighborhood Crips - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, Compton regularly makes the top ten most dangerous cities list of any size when Baltimore many years didn't even crack the top ten.

Quote:

So killing people over street names or baseball cap logos is better? Because thats what people in the ghetto do everywhere. Piru is an actual street in Compton, mind you. Where I'm from in San Francisco, they will kill you for wearing a San Diego Padres hat around my old neighborhood. Is that really all that different than killing over a color? No. Every hood in every major city has their clothing identifiers and their rival neighborhoods have their different identifiers to which you might can get killed for wearing in the wrong hood. People who aren't even from the hood try to label this as an L.A. problem, when its really a universal ghetto problem. Check this old Sports Illustrated article from 1990 which talks about the different team attire local gangs from different hoods in Boston sported back in the day:

Your Sneakers or Your Life

Last edited by LunaticVillage; 09-27-2012 at 11:00 PM..

Old 10-01-2012, 06:43 PM

1,232 posts, read 1,827,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaticVillage View Post
But you can't compare a second tier ghetto city like Baltimore with a world class city like L.A. where the wealthier areas offset the high crime areas. Thats like saying the projects in NYC in places like Queensbridge are somehow not as bad as the ghetto areas in Baltimore, historically, because NYC has a much lower overall crime rate than Baltimore. But any casual Hip Hop fan knows this is not true because the lyrics of Nas and Mobb Deep are somehow more credible than any statistical analysis. The ghetto is same everywhere, buddy.

But Baltimore is a poor city, period. The median income for a family in Baltimore isn't even 40K a year. Poor people far outnumber the wealthy and even middle class folks in Baltimore which explains the higher overall crime rate for the entire city, scientist. But I can guarantee you there are areas of L.A. that are just as bad, historically, in terms of crime as anywhere in Baltimore. In the 80's, LAPD battering ram tanks literally cruised the streets of L.A. ghettos knocking down the doors of drug dealers and gang bangers.

LAPD battering ram - Framework - Photos and Video - Visual Storytelling from the Los Angeles Times

Also, the level of mayhem seen in the 1992 L.A. riots hasn't been seen in Baltimore since Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated. In fact, the L.A. riots were statistically the worst riots in the past century and none of the riots from the 60's from any city in America caused as much death and damage as those L.A. riots in 92'. In addition, Bloods and Crips from L.A. are worshipped by thugs worldwide because they were organized and deep like a military battalion:

Rollin 60's Neighborhood Crips - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, Compton regularly makes the top ten most dangerous cities list of any size when Baltimore many years didn't even crack the top ten.

So killing people over street names or baseball cap logos is better? Because thats what people in the ghetto do everywhere. Piru is an actual street in Compton, mind you. Where I'm from in San Francisco, they will kill you for wearing a San Diego Padres hat around my old neighborhood. Is that really all that different than killing over a color? No. Every hood in every major city has their clothing identifiers and their rival neighborhoods have their different identifiers to which you might can get killed for wearing in the wrong hood. People who aren't even from the hood try to label this as an L.A. problem, when its really a universal ghetto problem. Check this old Sports Illustrated article from 1990 which talks about the different team attire local gangs from different hoods in Boston sported back in the day:

Your Sneakers or Your Life
No not every ghetto u will get killed for wearing da wrong colors

Old 10-02-2012, 02:47 PM

10 posts, read 39,604 times
Probably Boston and Portland OR have the best ghettos. Bostons black sections don't look run down though like say Tampa does or some of St Pete FL. Some of them look well maintained like Roxbury and Mattapan.

Old 10-02-2012, 05:30 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,923,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamRegal View Post
Probably Boston and Portland OR have the best ghettos. Bostons black sections don't look run down though like say Tampa does or some of St Pete FL. Some of them look well maintained like Roxbury and Mattapan.
Yep, that's exactly what I posted about Boston's ghettos.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=roxbu...,205.04,,0,2.2

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=roxbu...178.43,,0,9.73

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=roxbu...97.83,,2,-8.02

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=roxbu...326.34,,0,5.96

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=roxbu...234.71,,0,6.95

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=roxbu...,257.99,,0,8.8

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=roxbu...12,292.33,,0,0

Old 10-02-2012, 08:25 PM

10 posts, read 39,604 times
Spot on totally. Now people should wonder why the Northeast doesn't have as many gunowners. The "bad" parts are usually nicer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City