Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which cities Have The Best Architecture??
NYC 85 44.97%
Chicago 103 54.50%
Boston 47 24.87%
LA 25 13.23%
Seattle 16 8.47%
New Orleans 47 24.87%
San Francisco 60 31.75%
Miami 17 8.99%
Austin 5 2.65%
Dallas 11 5.82%
Atlanta 10 5.29%
Denver 9 4.76%
DC 48 25.40%
Phili 48 25.40%
Other, please specify 34 17.99%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 06:39 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,894,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summersm343 View Post
You guys make it worse by commenting about it if you ask me

Why do you care? Why does it bother you? Why does it matter that someone living Philly, brought up Philly, in a poll involving Philly. He obviously likes Philly, let him express his opinion. Everyone has their own.
Just going by what Narobi put down already.

And also going back to what I said earlier, I have more of a reason to complain as much as this dude is, but I don't. My city isn't even on the list, but I'm not replying to ever other post, trying ***** at people to notice.

It's one thing to express an opinion. It's another to be a constant crybaby about it. And this isn't the first thread or time, either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2013, 06:42 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,956,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
It's whining when you keep bringing it up after every other post and seem to be throwing a fit because people aren't acknowledging it on the level you think they should be. You act as if people are saying Philly has terrible architecture.

Your city is 4th in the poll, but you're clearly not satisfied until everyone here is saying it's #1. You may think it is, but everyone doesn't have to agree. It's called having a preference. My city isn't even on the poll, but you don't hear me crying about it.
That seems to be the way the pack hunts around here.

I voted for Miami, Chicago, New York, and Washington DC. Sue me. I'm biased and open about it.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:44 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,689,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
It's whining when you keep bringing it up after every other post and seem to be throwing a fit because people aren't acknowledging it on the level you think they should be. You act as if people are saying Philly has terrible architecture.

Your city is 4th in the poll, but you're clearly not satisfied until everyone here is saying it's #1. You may think it is, but everyone doesn't have to agree. It's called having a preference. My city isn't even on the poll, but you don't hear me crying about it.
Huh really? I just went back and looked and it really didn't seem to me like he was doing it excessively. He said something like when people don't mention Philadelphia as a top city for architecture he thinks they must just not know about the city. Which is true. Philadelphia has architecture from Every time period since the founding of this country. Then he said he thinks Philadelphia's city hall deserves special mention. Then he said Philadelphia and Montreal are the best of their respective cities. I don't see anything excessive there. Tell me which one of those posts bothered you so much? Why do people on this forum get so butthurt when someone mentions Philly?

Old 03-01-2013, 06:57 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,689,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Just going by what Narobi put down already.

And also going back to what I said earlier, I have more of a reason to complain as much as this dude is, but I don't. My city isn't even on the list, but I'm not replying to ever other post, trying ***** at people to notice.

It's one thing to express an opinion. It's another to be a constant crybaby about it. And this isn't the first thread or time, either.
Okay I understand but why does it even matter? Why is it bothering you? Lol. You act like this forum has any bearing or effect on your life. City V. City forum is primarily a place where people come to express their opinions on what they think certain cities do better or worse than other cities. So he said he likes Philadelphia? Yet on every forum every other post is NYC, LA, San Fran, Boston, Chicago, D.C.... lol. And no one gripes about that. You don't think some of us Philly posters get sick of the constant bashing and trolling Philadelphia gets? Right now there is a Philadelphia basher running around with a fake account (TheBigGeo something or other) and is pretending to be an extremely annoying Philly poster. No lie. We've had other similar accounts constantly bash Philly for no reason and even come onto our forum and start s*** about it. Even myself and KidPhilly, which I would say both of us are relatively fair and balanced in the Philadelphia versus other city categories CONSTANTLY get accused of Philly boosting. Like WTF? I've gotten several infractions from mods, suspending me, and or deleting posts or things I say in posts just because I expressed an opinion or confronted someone who was unfairly bashing Philadelphia... no lie. And that poster got off scotch free. In fact there are several Philly bashers that the mods are letting run amuck and nothing is done about it.

There is so many opinion, bias and false information on this site anyways. IDK why anyone would get bent out of shape about it.... and it's not just you... it gets annoying on both sides of the spectrum (people bashing and trolling and also unnecessarily boosting Philadelphia on the other side). Bottom line is, I'm just sick of people saying things because if you just say nothing at all, it will be better for all of us.

P.S. Guarantee I get suspended for calling out the BigGeo.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:06 PM

6,806 posts, read 6,031,870 times
Default What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoist123 View Post
Philly? Some of you are dillustional. I am sorry but imo Philly is not top 5. Top 5 (in no order) are defintiely NYC, Chicago, New Orleans, DC and San Francisco. Philly is top 10 but definitely not top 5. Boston, Miami, LA (most defnitely) give Philly a run for it's money.
I'm sorry. Could you please explain how New Orleans and San Francisco have better architecture than....

Boston?:

//www.city-data.com/forum/22095774-post67.html (awesome)

//www.city-data.com/forum/21756093-post55.html (see 3rd pic)

//www.city-data.com/forum/28220315-post195.html (see 2nd pic)

Boston | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (awesome)

http://www.insidertrips.com/images/bostonlibrary.jpg (awesome)

Boston | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (awesome)

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...14596748_n.jpg
-(olde Boston = still very neat )

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ston_2009f.JPG (awesome)

archBOSTON.org - View Single Post - Millennium Place III | Hayward Place (see 3rd pic)

archBOSTON.org - View Single Post - Photo of the Day, Boston Style: Part VI (2013) (awesome!)

http://www.archboston.org/community/showpost.php?p=166678&postcount=77 (see last pic)

archBOSTON.org - View Single Post - Photo of the Day, Boston Style: Part VI (2013) (see 2nd and 3rd)

the VVALRUS likes pictures!

please see them, they're all very cool!

Old 03-02-2013, 09:00 AM

1,264 posts, read 1,551,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natininja View Post
Yeah, it's probably not the best, but it's up there...more than several cities on this poll (yet Cincy isn't a choice).
Actually I strongly regret not putting it up there, and personally LOVE the Italianate Architecture there.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:03 AM

1,264 posts, read 1,551,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheVVALRUS View Post
I'm sorry. Could you please explain how New Orleans and San Francisco have better architecture than....

Boston?:
!
Boston Sure needs more recognition for it's architecture

Old 03-02-2013, 10:34 AM

5,864 posts, read 15,237,207 times
Summersm343, you said DC has some of the best lowrise and midrise modern architecture in the country. Where??? I lived there for over 20 years and always thought DC is probably the worst in the nation in this aspect.

Old 03-02-2013, 01:21 PM

10,745 posts, read 23,804,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoist123 View Post
1. Chicago - most variety
2. San Fransico - most charming
3. NYC - most impressive
4. NOLA - most colonial
5. Boston - most historical
6. DC - most European

Those six IMO have the best architecture.
That about sums it up.

Old 03-02-2013, 03:31 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,538,904 times
Maybe this list will help:
6 must-see US cities for architecture

1. Chicago
2. New York City
3. D.C.
4. Buffalo
5. Newport, RI
6. Los Angeles

Must-See Cities in the USA - Great American Cities for Architecture - Architecture Travel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City