Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 10:53 PM

1,064 posts, read 1,903,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo2000 View Post
zzzzzzzzzzzz
You pretty much helped NOLA's cause with this post. NASA is boring...even for kids. New Orleans actually has a real Aquarium;not a bunch of fishtanks tacked onto an over-priced restaurant. If Galveston Beach is supposed to be a plus, then you might as well go swim in Lake Ponchartrain,lol.

If it came to quality of life and livability, then Houston wins in a landslide but tourism? There aren't too many cities in America that can compete with New Orleans. Theres alot more to do than the French Quarter. The history,culture and food makes for a great vacation.
New Orleans is a not impressive to me and I don't have to change that

Old 03-25-2013, 11:33 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,301,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastphilly View Post
I'm well aware of The French Quarters. I was there back in 2001. Great place for an adult vacation, but hardly a place to take the kids for a vacation. I'm not going to fly the kids across the country for an aquarium and old French architecture. If it was me and a few buddies then yes New Orleans is high on my list even more than Vegas.
First of all it's the French Qurater, not Quarters. You haven't been there in 12 years, your opinions are void. Period.
There's loads of kids walking around with there parents during the day. And that doesn't include only the Carre.

Old 03-26-2013, 01:03 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,898,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
All BS aside, New Orleans is the obvious answer.
Pretty much.

I'll put it this way.

- tourism, cultural identity, and hosting sporting events = New Orleans
- economy, job market, livability, growth... pretty much everything else other than the three things I mentioned above = Houston

Old 03-26-2013, 05:51 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,983,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
First of all it's the French Qurater, not Quarters. You haven't been there in 12 years, your opinions are void. Period.
There's loads of kids walking around with there parents during the day. And that doesn't include only the Carre.
Has the entire area been torn down and completely rebuilt? Otherwise my my opinion isn't void. Don't get offended if my belief doesn't jive with your home region in a positive light

Old 03-26-2013, 08:15 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,883,005 times
Took these yesterday.

Last edited by kcmo; 03-26-2013 at 08:30 AM..

Old 03-26-2013, 08:35 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,883,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
What part of Houston were you in? I would guess the Heights, 3rd and 5th wards, Midtown, and Montrose?
Stayed Downtown, but have spent a lot of time between downtown and West End Bikes where we rented bikes. Not sure what those areas are called, but basically the neighborhoods along the Bayou. Some very nice neighborhoods and West End Bikes is probably the best bike shop I have seen anyplace in the country including Colorado.

BTW, New Orleans is great for kids. Plenty to do there.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:52 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,301,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastphilly View Post
Has the entire area been torn down and completely rebuilt? Otherwise my my opinion isn't void. Don't get offended if my belief doesn't jive with your home region in a positive light
Your opinion is void.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Stayed Downtown, but have spent a lot of time between downtown and West End Bikes where we rented bikes. Not sure what those areas are called, but basically the neighborhoods along the Bayou. Some very nice neighborhoods and West End Bikes is probably the best bike shop I have seen anyplace in the country including Colorado.

BTW, New Orleans is great for kids. Plenty to do there.
Oh thats a great trip. I'd love to see any pictures of New Orleans or Baton Rouge. We'd love them over in the forum.

Old 03-26-2013, 09:11 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,943,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Took these yesterday.
Nice pics.

I have seen some of your others on the net

Old 03-26-2013, 10:05 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,335,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Pretty much.

I'll put it this way.

- tourism, cultural identity, and hosting sporting events = New Orleans
- economy, job market, livability, growth... pretty much everything else other than the three things I mentioned above = Houston
Well, I wouldn't say all that. Houston does a good job of hosting sports events. You have to admit that.

Old 03-26-2013, 10:09 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,943,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Well, I wouldn't say all that. Houston does a good job of hosting sports events. You have to admit that.
He is confusing us with DFW **Bud-Dump-Bump**
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City