Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 01:50 AM

1,064 posts, read 1,903,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
I've spent about 2 hours walking around the Museum District and ended up getting back in the car. It's a great, beautiful area but it lacks activity to keep people walking around and linking them to other streets and neighborhoods. Maybe I should've hopped on the metro instead.
Every since the Hurricane katrina it has been a Houston vs New Orleans/small town Baton Rouge thing with annie and that is crazy.Houston have and will always be bigger,better and greater then New Orleans when it come to activitys.If you don't like Houston didn't nobody in this world make you stay or visit there.
Obviously you like it because you went there for a little while and stayed.There are millions of other place you could have went but you ending up in Houston.I found out that alot of people who talk about Houston have been and thought that all people here kiss a** but they don't because if you step out of line with Houstonians they will step with you.Texas and Louisanna are not getting alone right now because of the hurricane event.I will say this Rick Perry need be remove if he think about helping Louisanna with another hurricane because the people act very ungreatful to east Texas.Next time if Texas isn't nice enough go to Mississippi maybe they will treat them better.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:35 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,301,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee936 View Post
Every since the Hurricane katrina it has been a Houston vs New Orleans/small town Baton Rouge thing with annie and that is crazy.Houston have and will always be bigger,better and greater then New Orleans when it come to activitys.If you don't like Houston didn't nobody in this world make you stay or visit there.
Obviously you like it because you went there for a little while and stayed.There are millions of other place you could have went but you ending up in Houston.I found out that alot of people who talk about Houston have been and thought that all people here kiss a** but they don't because if you step out of line with Houstonians they will step with you.Texas and Louisanna are not getting alone right now because of the hurricane event.I will say this Rick Perry need be remove if he think about helping Louisanna with another hurricane because the people act very ungreatful to east Texas.Next time if Texas isn't nice enough go to Mississippi maybe they will treat them better.
I can't tell if it's an insult or not because of your grammar. One thing is I don't hate Houston, I love it but I'm going to sugar coat anything. I will do the same for Baton Rouge and New Orleans.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:29 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,883,005 times
Just FYI. Went to New Orleans (3 days), Houston (3 days), Baton Rouge (1 day). Had a good time!

Old 04-01-2013, 10:10 AM

2,311 posts, read 4,945,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post

What exactly aren't they able to get?
Like in the song New Orleans ladies, that flair for life, love and laughter. Just sort of the anything goes attitude here.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:19 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,335,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neworleansisprettygood View Post
Like in the song New Orleans ladies, that flair for life, love and laughter. Just sort of the anything goes attitude here.
Ohhhhhh, you mean hoes.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:57 AM

2,311 posts, read 4,945,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Ohhhhhh, you mean hoes.
Come on man, I didn't mean it as an insult.

Old 04-01-2013, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neworleansisprettygood View Post
come on man, i didn't mean it as an insult.
jk.

Old 04-01-2013, 05:34 PM

640 posts, read 1,225,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee936 View Post
Houston have and will always be bigger,better and greater then New Orleans when it come to activitys..

This is a ridiculous statement. Houston may be "bigger" but good god there is not nearly as many things to do as there is in New Orleans. Houston pales in comparison to New Orleans on every level except economics and population size.

I've been to Houston several times and have been downtown, uptown and midtown. All three of these "urban neighborhoods" are ridiculously unwalkable, eerily quiet, and have barely any life after 5. I have enjoyed my times in Houston because of the people I was with but we spent the entire time talking about how little there is to do in one of the biggest "cites" in the country.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:19 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,883,005 times
^ this statement is pretty true. While I was impressed with some of Houston's urban neighborhoods, the city really does punch WAY below its belt for its size. Downtown just closes up after business hours and that little aquarium that seems to be the number one attraction in the city is kinda sad.

I really do like some of the urban neighborhoods of Houston though. But much of what can be found in Houston can be found in metros of under a million people. Pro Sports and Arts is what keeps Houston respectable, but for the size of the city, there is just not much going on there.

Hope people don't take that as an insult. I always enjoy my time in Houston and did this time as well, but for a metro of over six million people they are just way off target.

Old 04-01-2013, 10:34 PM

Tell me something you'd want to do in most cities that you can't do in Houston? We're spread out, sure, but no person should ever be bored. Y'all are seriously BSing right now, and I'm skeptical of several of you claiming to have been here. I'm also certain some of you are just putting down Houston to make New Orleans look better. I'm still confused as to how someone would spend just 2 hours in the Museum District.

Talk about a lack of imagination.

I could make New Orleans (and the state of Louisiana) stick their nose in their own sh-t, but I'm bigger than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City