Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 06:44 PM

37,881 posts, read 41,910,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaterry78259 View Post
I stand by my statement, Charlotte is the most boring big city in America. I been there several time,too many times to count.
And how many other big cities in America have you also visited in order to FACTUALLY state such? You probably haven't even been to SA.

Quote:
Plus SA is twice the size and part of the Texas Corridor
SA is NOT twice the size of Charlotte--unless you're going by arbitrary municipal population figures, in which case SA is 2-3 times the size of Miami, Atlanta, DC, Boston, etc. In terms of metro areas, Charlotte's is larger by a couple thousand.

And it's the Texas TRIANGLE, not the Texas Corridor.

At any rate, the OP chose Charlotte--case closed. You mad?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFgXF0a_Yw4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2013, 07:22 PM

6,723 posts, read 6,722,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Since we're on the topic of Charlotte being boring (LOL) here's a little info about Carowinds that few people know. The feature ride at Carowinds (Intimidator) is ranked one of the best coasters on the planet.
Ok, think we're all in agreement then on the Charlotte boredom when the competitor isn't really San Antonio or Raleigh-Durham, but Six Flags.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:37 PM

7,075 posts, read 12,342,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
Ok, think we're all in agreement then on the Charlotte boredom when the competitor isn't really San Antonio or Raleigh-Durham, but Six Flags.
I only brought up Charlotte's local theme park because it was mentioned earlier in this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
What do you mean? San Antonio has way more going on than Charlotte as far as things to do. Sea World, Six Flags, River walk, San Antonio zoo, Hill country, etc. The only thing I can think about that Charlotte has outside of Uptown is Carowinds.
Eventhough Six Flags is a better name brand, Cedar Fair (who owns Carowinds BTW) is known for having great coasters at their parks. The fact that Carowinds has a top rated North American coaster is a fact that can't be disputed.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:39 PM

580 posts, read 1,180,489 times
I can't deal with the culture in Chatlotte, I lived there once and it was horrible. I would easily take San Antonio.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:52 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,678,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
I can't deal with the culture in Chatlotte, I lived there once and it was horrible. I would easily take San Antonio.
You haven't lived or visited Charlotte. This is the case with 98% of the other cities you claim to have been to, so your input is irrelevant.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fltonc12 View Post
You haven't lived or visited Charlotte. This is the case with 98% of the other cities you claim to have been to, so your input is irrelevant.
How in the hell are you going to tell me where I have been?

I have lived in Charlotte, the city limits and it was boring, culture less, bland and had no soul. Your opinion to me is irrelevant going around acting like that country town is important or relevant to anyone, its a bland and boring southern mecca with nothing going for it but a cheap cost of living. The natives are innate!!!

Old 04-09-2013, 08:02 PM

Quote:
How in the hell are you going to tell me where I have been?

I have lived in Charlotte, the city limits and it was boring, culture less, bland and had no soul. Your opinion to me is irrelevant going around acting luck that country town is impenitent or relevant to anyone, its a bland and boring bldouthern Meccas with nothing going for it but a cheap cost of living. Your opinion to me is irrelevant, you boost it all day 24/7!!!!!
Looking at previous post and other cities you have claimed to live in, and judging by the maturity level you boast on C-D, you're either in your 40-50 somethings that never grew up or lie about majority of what you post.

It's also quite funny that your opinion of a city you've never lived in has actual facts that prove your opinion is completely wrong.

I'll give you your attention though, that's all you're looking for.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:03 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,130,036 times
I remember him saying he was only 30 years old...he claims to have lived in many cities here including Atlanta. When did he have all the time to live in all of these cities and if so, why???

Old 04-09-2013, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fltonc12 View Post
Looking at previous post and other cities you have claimed to live in, and judging by the maturity level you boast on C-D, you're either in your 40-50 somethings that never grew up or lie about majority of what you post.

It's also quite funny that your opinion of a city you've never lived in has actual facts that prove your opinion is completely wrong.

I'll give you your attention though, that's all you're looking for.
I do not care what you or anyone else thinks about my post, I say what I choose and feel free to disagree but I won't care.

Facts? What do you want to know? Feel free to ask me anything about that small southern boring city. I got a job transfer there cause my first job was with Wachovia, what a mistake.... I lived in Phoenix and that was better. And I'm 29 years old, turn 30 in June!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
I remember him saying he was only 30 years old...he claims to have lived in many cities here including Atlanta. When did he have all the time to live in all of these cities???
My father was in the military and I'm a grown man with a job, its called a job transfer.... I wouldn't expect a 21 year old to understand!

Old 04-09-2013, 08:18 PM

Quote:
I do not care what you or anyone else thinks about my post, I say what I choose and feel free to disagree but I won't care.

Facts? What do you want to know? Feel free to ask me anything about that small southern boring city. I got a job transfer there cause my first job was with Wachovia, what a mistake.... I lived in Phoenix and that was better. And I'm 29 years old, turn 30 in June!
You do not provide any factual information about anything. If I was looking for a biased opinion, I'd have no problem You're my #1 guy!

Quote:
My father was in the military and I'm a grown man with a job, its called a job transfer.... I wouldn't expect a 21 year old to understand!
Oh, so you lived in Phoenix, transferred to Charlotte and then what?

That's kind of funny considering Wachovia had no corporate presence in Phoenix, so unless you transferred from branch to branch, your theory isn't adding up.

Also, Wachovia has been defunct for a couple of years now. Even if you weren't lying, I think it's time you reevaluate your statements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City