Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: South Florida vs Southern Californian beaches
Southern California 21 27.63%
South Florida 55 72.37%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 10:41 PM

669 posts, read 915,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
Yuusr, seems like you got a chip on your shoulder. You also brought in the Caribbean to the equation, so you shouldn't be so rude to Slo about his opinion and comparison on the subject. For someone who always talks about people not liking the same thing, I would think you could be more respectful towards someone who has a different opinion than you.
I wasn't the one that brought up the Caribbean. What are you 2 guys beach buddies or something?

Instead of trying to change the discussion to avoid the topic how about you tell us how your getting your information that proves wrong years of scientifically collected data by experts.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:45 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,209,468 times
Ever heard of global warming? As I said, I live here. We had a monsoon thunderstorm last summer, actually, a few. Unusual for coastal SoCal. It was hotter and more humid than usual last summer, with warm waters.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:47 PM

Quote:
There really is no reason for your rude tone, Yyuusr. We were all having a polite and kind discussion here, even if there were disagreements. It would be greatly appreciated if you took a step back and respectfully added to the discussion, rather than being mean, as your posts come off that way to me, and likely other users here.
I am not being using a "mean tone" on purpose.

Sorry if I have offended you but your trying to argue with facts like temperatures which are regularly collected by experts with advanced technology. So you see it's not that hard to get why I would be annoyed.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:48 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,209,468 times
That is not what I was referring to. Our past arguments, and your snarks towards Slo, is what I was talking about.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:48 PM

5,003 posts, read 5,983,013 times
I don't really like to swim, so that negates one of Florida's top advantages. I also don't surf so that negates California's largest advantage. So overall I'd say that California's beaches are wider and less crowded, so I'll go with California. I like California's weather as well although it can be too cool

Old 06-18-2013, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Ever heard of global warming? As I said, I live here. We had a monsoon thunderstorm last summer, actually, a few. Unusual for coastal SoCal. It was hotter and more humid than usual last summer, with warm waters.
What the hell? Are you serious? Global warming? Because it was hotter than the previous summer? Oh god

Quote:
That is not what I was referring to. Our past arguments, and your snarks towards Slo, is what I was talking about.
That's because your posts really annoy me. Like the last post for example....

Old 06-18-2013, 10:49 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,119,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yyuusr View Post
I am not comparing weather with "SoCal" I am correcting correcting him on misinformation he is providing which he is getting who knows how.

But if have something meaningful to add the discussion your welcome to come back.
Correct, clearly weather isn't part of this discussion, because it's no contest.
What data have you provided?
I was in San Diego last week and the ocean temps were spectacular....and the weather.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:53 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
best data is here.

Coastal Water Temperature Guide

Even then, low 70s aren't that fun to stay in that long but is certainly doable but I'd consider it refreshing/chilly. 60s just...no thanks. You can spend much more time in the water when it's 80+
Better would actually having lived by the beach in SoCal and experiencing for yourself. Averages from that site dont really tell the whole story. I've seen water temps at Scripps Pier on that site very a lot between day and night, as much as 10 degrees in some cases.

I beg to differ, I've spent quite a long time in the water in the low 70's, it's not like the water gets colder, quite the opposite actually. I understand how that can still be too cold for some people but not for a lot of others judging by how many people are in the ocean during summer in SoCal.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Correct, clearly weather isn't part of this discussion, because it's no contest.
I was in San Diego last week and the ocean temps were spectacular....and the weather.
You mean like this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyuusr View Post
Los Angeles average monthly temperatures:

July: 73.3
August: 74.3
September: 73.1

Every other month either in the 60's or 50's.

Monthly Temperature Averages & Records

San Deigo average monthly tempratures:

July: 71.0
August: 72.6
September: 71.4

Every other month either in the 60's or 50's.

Climate Information for San Diego*-*California*-*West*-*United States*-*Climate Zone

I guess you know less than you think. So I will hold off on putting the effort to look up water temperatures.
Or maybe you have a special condition with your eye that blocks out things you don't like to see?

Old 06-18-2013, 10:57 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
In his defense, he has provided average monthly air temps collected by scientists for San Diego and I think LA was on there, too. Another poster just provided average water temps taken every 2 weeks or so along the whole CA coast.

While there are days when the air temperature anywhere can be unusually hot or cold, there still is an average. Usually, it's x in June but today it was x+10 degrees. Usually the water is x, but today the water was x+3 degrees. On average, the water in CA doesn't break 70 for most of the summer. On average, the air temperature in SoCal doesn't get higher than 70 in June. Can the air and water be higher? Of course. But there is a normal then there is an extreme. Higher or lower would be extreme compared to the average.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City