Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: South Florida vs Southern Californian beaches
Southern California 21 27.63%
South Florida 55 72.37%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 12:09 AM

2,412 posts, read 2,473,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Wasnt talking to you, but since you took the time to comment. I know you live in Orlando which has one temp, (miserably hot n muggy), but yes in California the micro climate is a big hit. This is why California is generally regarded as having the best weather in the U.S.
The cool pacific waters that rotate down from the north rather than up from the tropics (like the east coast), creates this lovely cool dry air that people seem to like....
For ex. Malibu has a microclimate when average temps in August are 97 degrees

Average Weather for Malibu, CA - Temperature and Precipitation

Old 06-19-2013, 12:10 AM

669 posts, read 915,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryBTL View Post
Please share which beaches they are that you always see mid 70s?

Mind you i do this for a living.

Or are we all to assume NOAA etc is all lying?
Don't bother. I would be surprised if anybody with half a brain ever takes them seriously after this.

Old 06-19-2013, 12:11 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I don't care that the water temperature can reach 73. They can fluctuate dramatically everywhere but there is a usual temp and a not so usual temp. All you need to do to prove this is google it and find a reputable water temperature table.
Can they though? I'm just curious, do water temps in Florida drop 10 degrees in a matter of a few days? Part of what causes dramatic water temperature changes in Southern Ca are UPWELLINGS of cold water from deeper parts of the ocean due to shifts in winds. The ocean is much deeper off the CA coast than it is Florida or the East Coast. And upwellings usually occur on the west coast of continents. So I'm guessing Florida and the East Coast doesn't really deal with something like this that cause dramatic shift in water temps.

You have never lived in Southern CA and I doubt you've actual been in summer so I don't get why you think you know what's it's like in SoCal. Do you really think you know what Southern CA is like because of some website with SST averages on it? I've seen summers where the vast majority of the summer it water temps were 70 or higher, where it was more even, or like in 2010 when it never cracked 70 once.

It's so annoying having to listen to people who have never lived in SoCal tell people who have what it's usually like there based on websites they see.

Old 06-19-2013, 12:12 AM

5,294 posts, read 10,209,468 times
@Yyuusr, says the one who denies global warming.

Old 06-19-2013, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Wasnt talking to you, but since you took the time to comment. I know you live in Orlando which has one temp, (miserably hot n muggy), but yes in California the micro climate is a big hit. This is why California is generally regarded as having the best weather in the U.S.
The cool pacific waters that rotate down from the north rather than up from the tropics (like the east coast), creates this lovely cool dry air that people seem to like....
More claims your not backing up at all and more rants like CALIFONIA IS THA BEST IN THA WORLD!!!!

Surprising.

Old 06-19-2013, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyuusr View Post
And wundergroud has a monthly average temprature of 75 for July 2012
Weather History for Fullerton, CA | Weather Underground
I don't understand why you keep using the daily mean temperature. The average daily high for that month was 84.

494 posts, read 804,761 times
Quote:
I never said anyone was lying, but local conditions always vary from averages. You should know that.

Do you not understand what Average means and how that is calculated?

Dude understand i have nothing to gain from this topic. Both have their pro's and cons. FL has hurricanes while CA does not. Some people actually enjoy the cooler S.CA temps and i would be one of them except where swimming is concerned. My best friend lives in San Diego and lived in S.FL and has the view that he likes both. Some prefer that tropical feel of S.FL and others don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
@Yyuusr, says the one who denies global warming.
How long did you cry for when the world didn't end in 2012?

Old 06-19-2013, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
I don't understand why you keep using the daily mean temperature. The average daily high for that month was 84.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryBTL View Post
Do you not understand what Average means and how that is calculated?
Why would I use the daily high? Why not use the daily low then?

Old 06-19-2013, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyuusr View Post

Why would I use the daily high? Why not use the daily low then?
the vast majority of people are going to be out and about in temps closer to the high than the low. Use both if you want.

When you watch the weather forecast how do they show you the temperatures? With the daily mean or with Highs and Lows?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City