Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: South Florida vs Southern Californian beaches
Southern California 21 27.63%
South Florida 55 72.37%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 10:17 AM

669 posts, read 915,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Nobody uses that measurement for weather except you. You're special
Nobody have I ever thought would find it so hard to understand what average is. You make me laugh.

Last edited by yyuusr; 06-19-2013 at 10:25 AM..

Old 06-19-2013, 10:19 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,522,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yyuusr View Post
Ok which is it that you don't understand English or math? The daily average is ALL THE TEMPS DURING THE DAY ADDED TOGETHER. Nobody ****ing watches the weather channel all the time or goes outside at the same time. They don't know when the **** that people are going to watch and go out either. So no point including in temperatures from before that's already passed. Some might actually go out at when it's 80 and some might when it's 71. But that doesn't change the fact that most of the people throughout the day felt an average temp of closer to 74.
Usually the daily high is reached in the afternoon--and as more people are going to be outside in the afternoon than say the middle of the night or early morning when the daily low is--the daily high is often a better indicator of what temps people are experiencing during the day...

Old 06-19-2013, 10:23 AM

3,877 posts, read 3,895,500 times
This is without including the beaches on the Gulf. Winch IMO are the best beaches in america!

Old 06-19-2013, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Usually the daily high is reached in the afternoon--and as more people are going to be outside in the afternoon than say the middle of the night or early morning when the daily low is--the daily high is often a better indicator of what temps people are experiencing during the day...
The temps are for daily, and no you don't know that. Most people I know and I have seen get up in the morning, get ready and go out. Except for those who work night shift which is usually less people.

As far as beaches goes most people stay till around sunset.

Last edited by yyuusr; 06-19-2013 at 10:57 AM..

Old 06-19-2013, 10:28 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,651,109 times
Quote:
Nobody have I ever thought would find it so hard to understand what average is. You make me laugh.
I understand what it is, you just don't understand why no one ever uses it.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:30 AM

Quote:
As far as beaches goes most people stay still the sunset.
No not at all, at least not in Southern CA. The beaches clear out well before sunset, I would stay pretty late and the beaches were pretty empty before sunset. I'd imagine the East Coast would have even less people staying until sunset considering the sun doesn't set over the ocean there.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:35 AM

Quote:
I understand what it is, you just don't understand why no one ever uses it.
No you don't. You don't understand the whole concept of what it tells you.

Quote:
No not at all, at least not in Southern CA. The beaches clear out well before sunset, I would stay pretty late and the beaches were pretty empty before sunset. I'd imagine the East Coast would have even less people staying until sunset considering the sun doesn't set over the ocean there.
People usually put the effort to drive up all the up to the beach is going to use all the sunlight they can use. It makes no sense for them not to. Unless they go early in the morning.

Your not the only one that has stayed till sunset on beaches.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:37 AM

Which gets me to bring up another two points that hasn't even been touched before. California's low dew point makes it feel colder than most places anyways regarding the temp. On top of that major metro areas suffer from urban heat island at night which keeps it warm.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:40 AM

5,294 posts, read 10,208,375 times
What does urban heat island have to do with the beaches of SoFla and SoCal? If you are not going to conribute to the original subject, do not post here. We should all get back on track before the thread is shut down.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:43 AM

Quote:
No you don't. You don't understand the whole concept of what it tells you.
I do and that's why I understand why NO ONE but you use it. Again, you're very special.

Quote:
People usually put the effort to drive up all the up to the beach is going to use all the sunlight they can use. It makes no sense for them not to. Unless they go early in the morning.

Your not the only one that has stayed till sunset on beaches.
Go ahead and come up with whatever stupid reasoning you want, but from my personal observations from spending A LOT of time at the beach in San Diego most people don't stay until sunset at all, some come back for the sunset specifically though. Most people don't seem to have some obsessive compulsion to bake in the sun for as long as they possibly can like you might. That has to be one of the dumbest things I've heard so far on this thread lol. I guess you don't get a lot of people get tired of being out in the sun all day or find several hours at the beach is plenty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City