Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: South Florida vs Southern Californian beaches
Southern California 21 27.63%
South Florida 55 72.37%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 10:44 AM

669 posts, read 915,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
What does urban heat island have to do with the beaches of SoFla and SoCal? If you are not going to conribute to the original subject, do not post here. We should all get back on track before the thread is shut down.
It means that night temps doesn't really decrease the mean temps all that much if they do at all since urban heat island keeps it warm. I know it's hard for YOU to get to understand but that's no surprise.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:45 AM

5,294 posts, read 10,209,468 times
I understand what it is, and have known for a while, thank you. But it has nothing to do with the beaches of San Diego or Miami, or their surrounding areas, which is what this thread is all about. If you want to discuss theurban heat island, please open up a new thread.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
I do and that's why I understand why NO ONE but you use it. Again, you're very special.
If you did you would understand why anybody with half a brain would use that for the whole day over daily maximum.

Quote:
Go ahead and come up with whatever stupid reasoning you want, but from my personal observations from spending A LOT of time at the beach in San Diego most people don't stay until sunset at all, some come back for the sunset specifically though. Most people don't seem to have some obsessive compulsion to bake in the sun for as long as they possibly can like you might. That has to be one of the dumbest things I've heard so far on this thread lol. I guess you don't get a lot of people get tired of being out in the sun all day or find several hours at the beach is plenty.
What you say just keep on getting moronic by each post. People not use the sun to the full extent they can in a beach? Lol what planet are you from? The sun is part of the reason why people like the beach so much. Don't get why I'm surprised that a man who things the temp during the whole day is always stays the maximum would use such idiotic logic like this.

If people go early in the morning then yes they can get tired by noon. But people who go during the noon usually still the evening.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:53 AM

Quote:
I understand what it is, and have known for a while, thank you. But it has nothing to do with the beaches of San Diego or Miami, or their surrounding areas, which is what this thread is all about. If you want to discuss theurban heat island, please open up a new thread.
Then learn to read your own posts. Your one of the ones here that suggested that the night temps brings down the mean temps of the city. That's why I pointed out urban heat island.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:54 AM

Sav, there is no point arguing with this troll of a nincompoop. He argues just for the sake of arguing.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:00 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yyuusr View Post
If you did you would understand why anybody with half a brain would use that for the whole day over daily maximum.
Well then I guess you're just so much smarter than all the weathermen and meteorologists out there aren't you? You're so special! Still doesn't change the fact NO ONE uses it! lol

Quote:
What you say just keep on getting moronic by each post. People not use the sun to the full extent they can in a beach? Lol what planet are you from? The sun is part of the reason why people like the beach so much. Don't get why I'm surprised that a man who things the temp during the whole day is always stays the maximum would use such idiotic logic like this.

If people go early in the morning then yes they can get tired by noon. But people who go during the noon usually still the evening.
Yes I know but that doesn't mean people need or want to capture every hour of possible sunlight. You sound like you have OCD or something.

Yes the evening as in 5pm or so. I found most people cleared out by around 5/6pm, which is well before the sun sets. In my visit to Miami I found people left even earlier, maybe from all those damn shadows the high rises cast over the beach which isn't an issue in Southern CA clearly.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Sav, there is no point arguing with this troll of a nincompoop. He argues just for the sake of arguing.
You only look more dumber and pathetic everytime you resort to personal attack when you can't come up with a competent argument. Not that that's anything new to you though. And then you report posts you get in response.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:04 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yyuusr View Post
You only look more dumber and pathetic everytime you resort to personal attack when you can't come up with a competent argument. Not that that's anything new to you though. And then you report posts you get in response.
OH THE IRONY! LOL.

"look more dumber" LOLOL

Old 06-19-2013, 11:04 AM

Personal attack?! YOU are the one attacking people and being rude first!

Old 06-19-2013, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Well then I guess you're just so much smarter than all the weathermen and meteorologists out there aren't you? You're so special! Still doesn't change the fact NO ONE uses it! lol
Weathermen and meteorologists would laugh their asses off at the stupidity if they heard that someone used the max temp to measure the weather for the entire day.

Quote:
Yes I know but that doesn't mean people need or want to capture every hour of possible sunlight. You sound like you have OCD or something.

Yes the evening as in 5pm or so. I found most people cleared out by around 5/6pm, which is well before the sun sets.
Most people stay till it's getting kind of dark around which is exactly around sunset. Your not the only one with access to the beach.

You sound like you go to a beach in this alien planet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City