Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2013, 01:19 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,023,338 times

Advertisements

^ I'll take it all under consideration and get back to you in the morning, okay?

Old 07-25-2013, 01:26 PM

800 posts, read 781,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masonbauknight View Post
@Motorman. My point wasn't that flight attendants are nuclear physicists but simply that they are the only Americans who know about Cincinnati EXCEPT for southern Ohioans, those residing in adjoining areas of KY or IN, and fans of the national sports teams. Once you get east of Chillicothe, south of Lexington, west of Indianapolis, and north of Dayton, Cincy is just not on anybody's radar BUT flight attendants. New Orleans is on many a radar -- and it's known to many others besides FAs and loudmouth party animals. The OP's question is off-base, but not nearly as off-base as some of Cincy's boosters here. Bottom line: Cincinnati has a big reputation in the OH Valley, but elsewhere a very modest reputation (or none at all). I'm sure they talk about Cincy in Dayton though.
I don't know where you are coming up with this backhanded flight attendant stuff.

So you're saying that Cincinnati is not on the radar of college football coaches (Only one team out of last years final top 25 did not a feature a player from Cincinnati. Most of the top 25 featured 3+ players from the queen city. Cincinnati Moeller has produced more Consensus All Americans than any other HS in the country by more than double), tennis fans (Cincinnati hosts an ATP Masters event which brings the best players in the world to Cincinnati every year), baseball fans (Cincinnati has the country's first baseball team, has won five world series only three teams have won more, hosted some of the games most legendary players/broadcasters), or...

Politicians
Cincinnati is the most important city in the most important swing state. Both Romney and Obama made multiple campaign stops in the Queen City and spent millions in advertising here. Cincinnati is also home to speaker John Boehner as well as Senator Rob Portman who was not only touted as a possible VP pick but is also served prominently on multiple committees. Never mind the five presidents, supreme court justices, cabinet members etc...

I'm just going to adventure that while Cincinnati certainly does have the recognition that New Orleans does it has a much higher profile than your either willing to admit or know about.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:31 PM

1,461 posts, read 2,110,925 times
I know why you are not counting the Giants, A's & Dodgers but that is not how it is done..

Old 07-25-2013, 07:05 PM

1,068 posts, read 1,429,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
So you would like to turn Newport, Kentucky back into a mob-controlled gambling and red-light district?

I'll have to say that's one of the more interesting urban development proposals I've heard on here...

Hey, nothing wrong with going back to your roots; I just didn't know that back in the day the Queen City was out at night gambling and having drunken sexcapades. The more you know.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:13 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,619,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetcreed View Post
except cinci doesn't have the liberal mentality or progressive people to make it the san fran of the midwest. In the midwest that population is in Columbus. To bad you can't merge the two.

Columbus is a cowtown.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonbauknight View Post
@Motorman. My point wasn't that flight attendants are nuclear physicists but simply that they are the only Americans who know about Cincinnati EXCEPT for southern Ohioans, those residing in adjoining areas of KY or IN, and fans of the national sports teams. Once you get east of Chillicothe, south of Lexington, west of Indianapolis, and north of Dayton, Cincy is just not on anybody's radar BUT flight attendants. New Orleans is on many a radar -- and it's known to many others besides FAs and loudmouth party animals. The OP's question is off-base, but not nearly as off-base as some of Cincy's boosters here. Bottom line: Cincinnati has a big reputation in the OH Valley, but elsewhere a very modest reputation (or none at all). I'm sure they talk about Cincy in Dayton though.

Cincinnati is not on the radar in Detroit (only a 4 hour drive away). If Detroiters want to get away for a weekend, they go to Chicago, Toronto, or "up north".

Old 07-25-2013, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew61 View Post
Skyline Chili has also expanded to other parts of Ohio, including Cleveland and Toledo. And even Florida.

There are no Skyline locations in Toledo. Lima is the furthest north location along I-75.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:28 PM

1,719 posts, read 2,101,871 times
New Orleans is usually touted as a fun place to go on vacation or for a weekend getaway. Cincinnati seems to be more of a city where a young college graduate would move for employment or a family would raise young children in the suburbs.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:19 PM

37,148 posts, read 39,404,784 times
It seems like relatively few people have decided the actual topic isn't interesting enough and now it's turning into just a standard city vs city topic.

Old 07-25-2013, 10:12 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,312,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye614 View Post
New Orleans is usually touted as a fun place to go on vacation or for a weekend getaway. Cincinnati seems to be more of a city where a young college graduate would move for employment or a family would raise young children in the suburbs.
Same with New Orleans. Young professionals are moving there everyday, they helping revitalize downtown and Mid-City.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City