Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: More economically relevant state in the future
California 195 56.85%
Texas 148 43.15%
Voters: 343. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 03:03 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,206,460 times

Advertisements

Girl, please. The republican states have less educated people in them than democratic ones. CA has the 3rd highest GDP in the world. I doubt Texas is even in the top 20. And as for people fleeing the democratic states, look at CA, which alone is projected to have 80 million people by 2030 (or maybe 2050). I doubt Texas will ever have that number.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2013, 05:16 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,414,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
Texas is the obvious answer.

Anyone who votes for California is just LOL worthy. Anyone arguing for California either has zero understanding of economics or Is trolling or simply didn't understand the question. People may argue GDP ratings but that's skewed because California had more people, that is not the same as a strong economy. Especially seeing as how the standard of living is higher in Texas than in California.

Texas, like most conservative states, has a far stronger economic future and has more people moving in. California, like most liberal states, has an economy flirting with bankruptcy and more people fleeing out.

Liberal policies are not working, time for a change.
The states with the lowest per capita income are virtually all red. How is it that they have a brighter future? Because they have nowhere to go but up?

Red states are the biggest welfare states in the country. This has been well-documented. They take in far more in federal dollars than they put it. It's usually blue states that foot the bill. Red states also rank near the bottom in everything from education, to healthcare, to crime.

This is why those "low COL = better QOL" arguments are a fallacy. You get what you pay for.

For conservatives, Texas is the only bright spot. Until it turns blue, that is.

Old 09-14-2013, 09:39 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,210,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
Girl, please. The republican states have less educated people in them than democratic ones. CA has the 3rd highest GDP in the world. I doubt Texas is even in the top 20. And as for people fleeing the democratic states, look at CA, which alone is projected to have 80 million people by 2030 (or maybe 2050). I doubt Texas will ever have that number.
+1

Applause Crowd Cheering sound effect - YouTube

And who would've thought that most of the Top 20 most wealthiest states by Median Household Income AND Per Capita Income are democratic/liberal states But I guess I'll be shot down for being the face of the "liberal media" LOL

Old 09-14-2013, 09:45 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,101,696 times
Texas

Old 09-14-2013, 09:48 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,210,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
The states with the lowest per capita income are virtually all red. How is it that they have a brighter future? Because they have nowhere to go but up?

Red states are the biggest welfare states in the country. This has been well-documented. They take in far more in federal dollars than they put it. It's usually blue states that foot the bill. Red states also rank near the bottom in everything from education, to healthcare, to crime.

This is why those "low COL = better QOL" arguments are a fallacy. You get what you pay for.

For conservatives, Texas is the only bright spot. Until it turns blue, that is.
Which will be real soon I never fail to get one giant LOL from these red states who keep up with their hypocritical façade in order to save face Classic, pure classic!

Old 09-14-2013, 10:22 PM

1,445 posts, read 2,321,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
California is #12. Texas is #16.

Old 09-14-2013, 10:25 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,494,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatsbyGatz View Post
^Texas is for people who can't afford California. It's like a bigger version of the Inland Empire but with worse weather. No one actually dreams about moving to Texas as a first choice. Living there is a matter of compromise.
I dream of living in Texas

Old 09-14-2013, 10:29 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,494,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
Texas is the obvious answer.

Anyone who votes for California is just LOL worthy. Anyone arguing for California either has zero understanding of economics or Is trolling or simply didn't understand the question. People may argue GDP ratings but that's skewed because California had more people, that is not the same as a strong economy. Especially seeing as how the standard of living is higher in Texas than in California.

Texas, like most conservative states, has a far stronger economic future and has more people moving in. California, like most liberal states, has an economy flirting with bankruptcy and more people fleeing out.

Liberal policies are not working, time for a change.
Good job bringing politics into this; all this red state blue state crap doesnt matter.
Minnesota and Iowa are blue states and are doing great.
Utah and North Dakota are red states and are also doing great.

Old 09-15-2013, 06:26 PM

2,985 posts, read 4,884,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I dream of living in Texas
Good for you.

Mind if I ask, what attractions do Texans even look forward to? Why would someone even look forward to living in Texas over California? Besides Texas being cheaper, I can't think of a single reason.

Old 09-15-2013, 07:02 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,206,460 times
More rainfall and summer heat? Colder winters? Warmer summer beaches (even though the water is dirty)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City