Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you prefer New York City or the Los Angeles area?
New York City 129 70.49%
Los Angeles 54 29.51%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 01:42 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,348,308 times

Advertisements

The Chargersare my team, but they lost to the Patriots.http://bestsmileys.com/angry1/5.gif (broken link)

Now I want the Giants b/c I can't stand the Patriots.

Old 01-21-2008, 01:49 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,500,679 times
When I'm in the city, I like a tree maybe once every 20 feet on the sidewalk, not a ton in a yard IN a city... I prefer none sometimes on certain streets. East Coast.

Moderator cut: Do not post images which are not your personal property. Posting images that are the property of others is an infringement on their copyright

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 01-22-2008 at 05:39 PM..

Old 01-21-2008, 02:39 PM

12 posts, read 28,043 times
New York is obviously better than Los Angeles. I'm sorry, but that's the way it is/will always be. You may prefer LA, for it's weather or whatever silly reasons but we all know New York is the best when it comes to United States cities.

NY is in a class above LA., no comparison.

And I much prefer the scenery of the beautiful neighborhoods in Manhattan over those in West LA.

Last edited by NYNY1; 01-21-2008 at 02:47 PM..

Old 01-21-2008, 03:44 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,348,308 times
It's people like you that ruin this site. FuturCop and I used to constantly bash each others' cities, along with milquetoast, but we have stopped now. We figured out that it's just completely a preference and neither one is better. You may think NYC is better, but it's not a fact, it's an opinion. I prefer LA, but that's just my opinion. Plus, I don't hate NYC like some of you do. NYC is my second favorite after LA, followed by Miami and Denver. Once again, some hate Miami, but apparently, millions don't, and that's just because it's their choice. If everyone thought NYC was the best place in the country, wouldn't everyone want to live there? Well, not everyone does. 270,000,000 people prefer somewhere else. And, the majority of people don't like either one, because 240,000,000 Americans live outside of these two cities. That's like telling me that BMW is the best car. I do prefer BMW's, but they're not THE best cars, nor are Ferraris, Lamborghinis, etc. Just because you think, say, blondes are the hottest, that doesn't mean it's a fact because others like brunettes.

The mods need to patrol this forum and keep these threads from popping up every 5 minutes.

Old 01-21-2008, 04:26 PM

12 posts, read 28,043 times
Ummm.

Like I said, you PREFER Los Angeles, but you know New York is a better/more important/ and a much more major city than Los Angeles (even though you won't admit it). New York is just better. I know, I know,...the whole point of this poll was to select a city you prefer but a few LA fanboys seem to be under the notion that Los Angeles is a better city than New York, which mildly amused me.

And just because a city is best doesn't mean everybody wants to live in them! If that were the case, nobody would live in cities like Detroit or Newark (No offense) and everbody would live in New York, Paris, Hong Kong, Tokyo or London.

Some prefer Mobile, Alabama to Paris; Phoenix to London or Jackson, Mississippi to Rome, .. but we all know which cities are better.

Old 01-22-2008, 01:13 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,208,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYNY1 View Post
Ummm.

Like I said, you PREFER Los Angeles, but you know New York is a better/more important/ and a much more major city than Los Angeles (even though you won't admit it). New York is just better. I know, I know,...the whole point of this poll was to select a city you prefer but a few LA fanboys seem to be under the notion that Los Angeles is a better city than New York, which mildly amused me.

And just because a city is best doesn't mean everybody wants to live in them! If that were the case, nobody would live in cities like Detroit or Newark (No offense) and everbody would live in New York, Paris, Hong Kong, Tokyo or London.

Some prefer Mobile, Alabama to Paris; Phoenix to London or Jackson, Mississippi to Rome, .. but we all know which cities are better.
What mildly amuses me is your attitude, which also happens to coincide with mine. You and your kind look down on L. A. the way people where I'm from look down on New York. Jess is right though. It's all in the eye of the beholder, but Los Angeles exists in a very real way, just like New York, and that's something you and your kind will just have to eat......Mr. NYNY1. It is also fact that New York hasn't much on Los Angeles in almost ALL ways and it's very safe to say, and it needs no validation of any sort to say it, that London, Tokyo, Paris or Hong Kong don't have much on it either. That's just a current no-brainer. Matter of fact, Los Angeles has the kind of diversity that NY could only fantasize about. Los Angeles has a sprawling physical makeup much like London, though London has a few centuries of a head start. The environs around Paris aren't all that dissimilar to Los Angeles, but I'd give a higher rank to southern California because of the mountains and beaches and weather. Tokyo has a poly-centric infrastructure much like Los Angeles and high tech sectors in aerospace and automobile design. Los Angeles/Long Beach is a larger port though. Hong Kong has an entertainment and film industry somewhat like L. A., but again, not quite like L. A. This comparison to other cities that you've made embarrasses them and cheapens your argument. Mobile, Phoenix and Jackson comparing to Paris, London and Rome....as if New York ever had a chance in hell of comparing to Tokyo. Not with that small topography and not with that lousy weather. You see, other than jobs, most go to where the weather is. Human nature. I think Tom Brady said it best. He want's to go somewhere warmer, "cause he's freezin' his you-know-what off" now! Shame! If you were to think the way of the average liberal, by the time global warming heated your area to where it would actually be halfway decent, you'd be underwater

Old 01-22-2008, 08:11 AM

2,787 posts, read 11,500,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milquetoast View Post
What mildly amuses me is your attitude, which also happens to coincide with mine. You and your kind look down on L. A. the way people where I'm from look down on New York. Jess is right though. It's all in the eye of the beholder, but Los Angeles exists in a very real way, just like New York, and that's something you and your kind will just have to eat......Mr. NYNY1. It is also fact that New York hasn't much on Los Angeles in almost ALL ways and it's very safe to say, and it needs no validation of any sort to say it, that London, Tokyo, Paris or Hong Kong don't have much on it either. That's just a current no-brainer. Matter of fact, Los Angeles has the kind of diversity that NY could only fantasize about. Los Angeles has a sprawling physical makeup much like London, though London has a few centuries of a head start. The environs around Paris aren't all that dissimilar to Los Angeles, but I'd give a higher rank to southern California because of the mountains and beaches and weather. Tokyo has a poly-centric infrastructure much like Los Angeles and high tech sectors in aerospace and automobile design. Los Angeles/Long Beach is a larger port though. Hong Kong has an entertainment and film industry somewhat like L. A., but again, not quite like L. A. This comparison to other cities that you've made embarrasses them and cheapens your argument. Mobile, Phoenix and Jackson comparing to Paris, London and Rome....as if New York ever had a chance in hell of comparing to Tokyo. Not with that small topography and not with that lousy weather. You see, other than jobs, most go to where the weather is. Human nature. I think Tom Brady said it best. He want's to go somewhere warmer, "cause he's freezin' his you-know-what off" now! Shame! If you were to think the way of the average liberal, by the time global warming heated your area to where it would actually be halfway decent, you'd be underwater
The sentence in bold made me laugh. Look, pal, you want me to quit then you better quit because, quite honestly, you're the only one with fantasies here. Even Westsidelife knows I'm right because he even said that along London, New York City is the Capital of the World. Los Angeles just isn't there yet and will never be ahead of NYC or London no matter how hard you try to boost the idea. It's interesting that you find in order to enjoy your city, it has to be ahead of New York. Is there a little jealousy going on here? Can't fool me... I'm required to take Psychology. You wanna play hardball, well, I'm an All-Star. That NYC going underwater crap is false. Global Warming was proven to be false quite a while ago but people continue to deny it and scare themselves into believing it. It's illogical and I don't believe it for a second.

Seriously, you're just wasting your time here.... Nobody is agreeing. Sure, LA is important, just nowhere near NYC. LA is Double-A, NYC is Major League, in a simpler, truthful global sense. That's not a bad thing and it's not meant to be a smart*** statement.

And Tom Brady was in New York City yesterday! Walking down the street with flowers... It was on Sportscenter this morning.

Moderator cut: no copyrighted images

Who cares if Brady said he's freezing his you-know-what off? First off, he was in Massachusetts when he said that, not New York (the discussion is New York City and Los Angeles, not New England and warmth). Secondly, he was making a joke out of it... Saying he's ready to play my Giants in the Super Bowl in Glendale, Arizona. Somehow I knew you saw that too! I THOUGHT OF YOU WHEN HE SAID THAT! Warmth = greatest city.... Yeah, okay....

Moderator cut: Personal attacks/trolling are not permitted and will not be tolerated

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 01-22-2008 at 05:55 PM..

Old 01-22-2008, 10:18 AM

307 posts, read 1,397,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milquetoast View Post
Shame! If you were to think the way of the average liberal, by the time global warming heated your area to where it would actually be halfway decent, you'd be underwater

If NYC goes underwater parts of L.A will be underwater too Is that big shock? It is called Global Warming -- it affects the world Globally...

That said comparing L.A to a city like NYC.....Well L.A will always lose. (Even with the weather of South Cali, I am just being realistic)
Maybe Chicago vs. Los Angeles is more fair

Old 01-22-2008, 10:54 AM

1,990 posts, read 7,634,102 times
^^ gotta point

Old 01-22-2008, 12:18 PM

107 posts, read 148,142 times
NYC hands down; its f*cking amazing!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City