Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: DMV metro area or LA metro area?
DMV - 5.8 mil 30 32.26%
LA - 9.8 mil 63 67.74%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 06:20 PM

1,564 posts, read 1,669,599 times

Advertisements

I won't get into what city is better when L.A is involved anymore because im under heat by the moderator which i totally understand Lmao.That other thread turned into a battle royal. But i will say that i think it's flattering that everyone wants to compare their city to Los Angeles, it's about 5 or 6 different threads with Los Angeles vs some different city so i think it says alot ,And i also want to add that the D.c metro area is more on the level of the San Francisco metro area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2015, 10:06 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,969,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistrictSonic View Post
I do not consider either of these cities even remotely comparible, this is about as apples and oranges as it gets. In fact one can compare census numbers, and these two cities could not be more different. DC is the countries government and nonprofit center, a national hub of knowledge workers. LA is a city with an entertainment focus, but with several actual manufacturing industries as well.

I would not consider one "better" than the other. DC is great if you have a graduate degree in economics, or are interested in pursuing a career at an international NGO. LA is wonderful if you want to go into sound design, or become a 3D animator. Different types of people are attracted to either of these cities for different reasons. Seriously, quit comparing them.

This is exactly what I have been saying since moving to SoCal for work. Different elements by default contribute to the texture and culture. You can have preferences but there can't be any better places.

What is allowed in LA based on climate, policy, and laws may not be allowed in DC especially for security reasons and it being a sensitive area. DC being a smaller centralized city with many having college degrees creates a different environment that not everyone can relate to on both career and social levels.

Old 06-10-2015, 01:04 AM

378 posts, read 245,769 times
an news anchor like Kelly Lange looks into the camera where as a preacher like Jack Hayford does not
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City