Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: DMV metro area or LA metro area?
DMV - 5.8 mil 30 32.26%
LA - 9.8 mil 63 67.74%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 02:46 PM

32,088 posts, read 34,696,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diallomacedo View Post
I agree DC nightlife is usually a sausage fest. You just have to do things that make yourself stand out; lift weights and get to the clubs early to not miss the women. Everyone in DC is educated, but not everyone is fit, so that's the key. Being educated in LA doesn't matter because everyone is an airhead they can't tell the difference between an educated person and a non-educated person.
Agreed. I'd advise going out in DC with a mathematical genius who will likely end up winning a Nobel Prize one day. He can devise a strategy to overcome unfavorable gender ratios. Really, all you have to do is ignore the 3 women in the club.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CemLiSI5ox8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2015, 02:46 PM

2,322 posts, read 2,991,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diallomacedo View Post
The DC, MD, VA metro area is better than the LA metro area.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...map_021605.gif

Population:

5.8 million

Commuters from the surrounding Maryland and Virginia suburbs raise the city's population to more than one million during the workweek. The Washington metropolitan area, of which the District is a part, has a population of 5.8 million, the seventh-largest metropolitan statistical area in the country.

VS.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Dec._2009).png

Population:

The Los Angeles metropolitan area comprises Los Angeles County (2010 population: 9,862,049) and Orange County (2010 population: 3,010,759). It is officially designated by the US Census Bureau as the Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana, CA Metropolitan Statistical Area.

My opinion: The DMV is better than the LA metro area because (1) It's more developed; the city is planned, is does not look desolate, mostly everything is renovated, and more of the electric wires are underground. (2) More international; I prefer the people who migrate to DC from other countries than that of LA, ie. DC-->Ethiopia, South America, El Salvador, Korean . VS. LA-->Russia, Mexico, China, Philippines. (3) The energy; People stay out later, people party more aggressively and the club scene is more accessible to the everyday person. (4) Income equality. (5) More institutionally equal; less corporate hiring discrimination on darker skinned people in DC versus LA. Blacks or dark Hispanics will reach a glass ceiling a lot quicker in LA than they would in DC.

What you all think? DMV is better too huh?

Quote:
(2) More international; I prefer the people who migrate to DC from other countries than that of LA, ie. DC-->Ethiopia, South America, El Salvador, Korean . VS. LA-->Russia, Mexico, China, Philippines.
You do realize that LA has the most Korean people outside the Korean Peninsula and the most El Salvadorians in the USA. Also, LA has one of the biggest Ethopian communities in the USA.

Old 04-16-2015, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogoesthere View Post
Who did the DC posters p1ss off on here?
I think it was this comment really

Quote:
DC is more up-to-date in trends...people still wear baggy clothes in Los Angeles, and if they aren't wearing baggy clothes then they are on the neon phase. in DC we already went through the chucks/neon phase/Hollister phase. We already went through wearing sneakers with business casual clothes phase. We've moved on to the earth-tone sophisticated clothing ware phase. I've noticed that the closer you get to Europe the more up to date the clothing trend gets. Los Angeles gets music 6 months late on the radio, Kanye West - All Day is OLD by now. I knew all of the slang that Angelinos thinks no one knows besides Angelinos because we've already used up those phrases. I came here and people were acting like instagram was new, and no one has a twitter. No one knew what Vine was, and they were JUST starting to become aware of Snapchat, Tinder, and YikYak. They sstill have the 80's 90's look in most shopping centers with the plastic signs and what not. DC, Nova, and Maryland have already renovated all of its shopping center aesthetics to 2010 and beyond. There nothing wrong with California, but it IS, without a doubt, WAY more dated than the east coast, HANDS down.

Old 04-16-2015, 02:58 PM

True. DC did put Chucks on the map. Paul Walker took a trip to DC in late 2000, I believe. The next thing you know, he was sporting a pair of Chuck Taylors in the Fast and Furious.

Yet another thing DC has given to the world.

Last edited by JMT; 04-16-2015 at 04:36 PM.. Reason: Violation of rules for posting images

Old 04-16-2015, 02:59 PM

10,078 posts, read 15,851,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamills21 View Post
I think it was this comment really
LOL we are just becoming aware of Snapchat, a company that is based in Venice? They must really suck at marketing.

Oh same with Tinder, based in Weho (though it sounds like it was founded elsewhere).

Old 04-16-2015, 03:01 PM

2,314 posts, read 4,797,381 times
I love sarcastic threads.

Old 04-16-2015, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchitup View Post
LOL we are just becoming aware of Snapchat, a company that is based in Venice? They must really suck at marketing.

Oh same with Tinder, based in Weho.
or how the rest of those companies are ALL CA based. What ever he is smoking must be fire!

Old 04-16-2015, 03:02 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,405,508 times
This thread was obviously made to bash DC. /thread

Old 04-16-2015, 03:03 PM

Wale > 2Pac + Dr. Dre + Snoop + Eazy E + Ice Cube + Kendrick + Warren G + Nate Dogg

Old 04-16-2015, 03:08 PM

John Singleton stole the idea for Boyz N the Hood from "Streetwise," a DC classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcC7_28TcIA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City