Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 09:49 PM

10,078 posts, read 15,907,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightonWalnut View Post
A few things... no one living in Passyunk Square considers themselves as living in Downtown Philly. No one South of South Street would... that's South Philly.

Second, there are 10-15 cities with better Chinatowns than Philadelphia? Lol. No.

Third, as far as Downtown's go, Philadelphia has more highrises/skyscrapers than LA downtown.
Does it? I guess it depends on what is considered a highrise, as Los Angeles has a pretty huge stock of 150 foot buildings in its Historic Core. I would think the two cities are pretty neck and neck in that regard.

Also I have to agree, there is no way there are 15 better Chinatowns than Philly's. Are there even 15 total in the US?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 09:56 PM

1,450 posts, read 2,197,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RightonWalnut View Post
A few things... no one living in Passyunk Square considers themselves as living in Downtown Philly. No one South of South Street would... that's South Philly.

Second, there are 10-15 cities with better Chinatowns than Philadelphia? Lol. No.

Third, as far as Downtown's go, Philadelphia has more highrises/skyscrapers than LA downtown.
Exactly man. He's a habitual Philly hater so there's nothing new with his inaccurate and delusional statements. Speaking of being delusional, if anyone really considers center city Philly as Girard to Tasker they are delusional and reaching/boosting. Philadelphian speaking here and Center city is Spring Garden to South street north to south and river to river east to west. You can MAYBE include university city too as the downtown area (as you stated before) but that's about it.

Old 04-20-2015, 10:00 PM

183 posts, read 221,109 times
So would you guys stop accusing me of being a Philly booster now? There are PLENTY of reasons to be proud of this city. In the next 2 censuses it's realistic to believe that Philly will surpass Houston and Chicago in city population. If you have lived or visited here Center City Philly has THE MOST COMPLETE package of the ideal urban neighborhood.

Old 04-20-2015, 10:06 PM

Center City may be 2nd in population, but it's a class in itself in quality of living and cultural offerings.

Old 04-20-2015, 10:09 PM

7,744 posts, read 5,556,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_curious_urbanist View Post
In the next 2 censuses it's realistic to believe that Philly will surpass Houston and Chicago in city population.
Lol no.. This statement exposes you as trying to troll per usual.

Old 04-20-2015, 10:10 PM

Why not? Chicago is still declining and Houston's growth will prove unsustainable if it isn't already. Philadelphia doesn't have problems Chicago or Houston have.

Old 04-20-2015, 10:13 PM

1,450 posts, read 2,197,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_curious_urbanist View Post
So would you guys stop accusing me of being a Philly booster now? There are PLENTY of reasons to be proud of this city. In the next 2 censuses it's realistic to believe that Philly will surpass Houston and Chicago in city population. If you have lived or visited here Center City Philly has THE MOST COMPLETE package of the ideal urban neighborhood.
You should be proud of living in San Jose man. It's the tech corporate anchor of the Bay Area, even though it's overshadowed by San Francisco. You have your own hockey team and the 49ers new stadium is in your territory. There's no need to troll and pretend that you are a obnoxious Philly booster so you can try to give the Philly posters a bad rep.

Old 04-20-2015, 10:16 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,742,895 times
Wow, that's impressive. Chi-town is really starting to lag in a few regards these days, but I think it will pick back up.

Old 04-20-2015, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephi215 View Post
You should be proud of living in San Jose man. It's the tech corporate anchor of the Bay Area, even though it's overshadowed by San Francisco. You have your own hockey team and the 49ers new stadium is in your territory. There's no need to troll and pretend that you are a obnoxious Philly booster so you can try to give the Philly posters a bad rep.
San Jose is a s**thole and I don't even want to visit that place! What are you talking about? I'm never been to SJ before.

Old 04-20-2015, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
Wow, that's impressive. Chi-town is really starting to lag in a few regards these days, but I think it will pick back up.
The gap will get wider. It's time for Chicago to give it up and admit Philly is superior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City