Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2016, 06:01 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,976,139 times

Advertisements

The Korean consulate is located on Wilshire in Koreatown. When Korean protesters were out the other day, they weren't doing that on Olympic. Anyone that LIVES in LA knows that Wilshire runs through the heart of current day Koreatown. It's ridiculous to say otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2016, 06:09 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,437,875 times
Or theyre just a troll, or a disgusting little ego that cant be wrong.
isnt the koreantown nights festival centered around normandie and wilshire?

The korean american museum will be around vermomt and 6th, one block north of wilshire.
Vermont and 6th also being important streets.

I would say western is tte 2nd most important, as it seems to go from melrose to pico or venice with korean businesses.
Has a couple korean shopping malls.

Last edited by Freddy K; 07-23-2016 at 06:36 PM..

Old 07-23-2016, 08:39 PM

5,864 posts, read 15,244,428 times
The problem I have with DC is as a whole it has too many non urban parts for a small compact city. The DC Boosters keep mentioning the same areas like Dupont Circle or Adams Morgan, Penn Quarter etc. But what about anything east of the Anacostia River? East Capitol St east of RFK? Pennsylvania Ave, Kenilworth Ave? Benning Rd? South Dakota Ave? City cores in most cases are the most dense parts of cities but after that DC just seems to drop off drastically. Even parts of sw, though very different from when I lived there still seemed like something was missing. I go to DC often enough. I don't have to Google Street view anything because I lived there and go once a year. 6th, I just don't see it.

Old 07-23-2016, 10:03 PM

Ite crazy how they cant understand it.
ive gone into dc hundreds of times.
Yes, they bring up the same 3 areas all the time.

Old 07-23-2016, 10:13 PM

41 posts, read 50,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post
The problem I have with DC is as a whole it has too many non urban parts for a small compact city. The DC Boosters keep mentioning the same areas like Dupont Circle or Adams Morgan, Penn Quarter etc. But what about anything east of the Anacostia River? East Capitol St east of RFK? Pennsylvania Ave, Kenilworth Ave? Benning Rd? South Dakota Ave? City cores in most cases are the most dense parts of cities but after that DC just seems to drop off drastically. Even parts of sw, though very different from when I lived there still seemed like something was missing. I go to DC often enough. I don't have to Google Street view anything because I lived there and go once a year. 6th, I just don't see it.
Lol and LA doesn't have a wide collection of non urban parts to it? That's laughable. A lot of those non urban areas in DC is actually urban or common by LA's standards. At the end of the day you just have to ask yourself this, between DC/Baltimore and Greater LA, where would find a greater accumulation of actually urban areas? When I'm not looking at it through homer glasses, the answer definitely seems to favor the former. And this is coming from a guy that doesn't even like DC all that much.

And please, I have seen your posts. You are one of the biggest LA fanboys around this place so you accusing anybody of being a booster is extremely ironic and silly. One of the only dudes worse than you in that is the guy posting above you.

Old 07-23-2016, 10:24 PM

No, hes just a guy whos lived in both places.
what non urban dc area would be urban for la?
Thats hilarious. Thats all i need to know about you.

And the dc boosters are bad. They google mapped hancock park, forgetting huge parts of nw are very similar to it.
Only difference is those areas have more trees.

Wow.

Last edited by Freddy K; 07-23-2016 at 10:34 PM..

Old 07-23-2016, 10:36 PM

And much of ne isnt really urban at all.
Hardly any walkable commercial strips (or commercial strips at all) for a huge part of the city.
Same goes for se.

Sw doesnt really have anything either.

Old 07-23-2016, 11:09 PM

62 posts, read 69,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy K View Post
And much of ne isnt really urban at all.
Hardly any walkable commercial strips (or commercial strips at all) for a huge part of the city.
Same goes for se.

Sw doesnt really have anything either.
Yes, the only place in this world that can really be considered urban is LA.

In fact, LA is pretty much utopia, like a piece of heaven that has dropped down to Earth from above. It offers the best of everything. It's both the most urban/vibrant and the most family-friendly/chill environment in this planet at the same time. It's smog smells better than fresh air anywhere, it's traffic congestion is better for driving than wide open roads in other places, being poor there is better than being wealthy elsewhere, and even all the crime there also happens to be better crime than everywhere else.

And most importantly, as long as you happen to be over there, even pages after pages of poor spelling and grammar will still make you sound smart.

Old 07-23-2016, 11:16 PM

Oh yes, another one..
ive been on record saying nyc and chicago are easily more urban, so your weird rant is moot.

Old 07-23-2016, 11:28 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,340,269 times
So I haven't read the last few pages, but has Freddy K finally told us WHERE in LA we should look that is comparable to Dupont Circle, or should we keep guessing, followed by 5000 unhinged, trolling, wildly misspelled/grammar-deficient responses?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City