Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2016, 11:06 PM

508 posts, read 504,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
No, you're making up stuff. Wilshire is not heavily Korean, nor is it filled with Korean businesses. The heart of Koreatown is Olympic Blvd.

Per the LA Korean community:

"The heart of Koreatown is the intersection of Olympic Blvd. and Normandie".

Koreatown - Lani.org

Per Visit Koreantown:

"Olympic Boulevard is considered the main street of Koreatown LA. This is where historically Koreans started the businesses that would form the core of the community.

The first official “Koreatown” sign in L.A. was posted at Olympic & Vermont in August 1981."

Koreatown Walking Tour: Olympic Boulevard
Umm...some people know ktown better than others. Olympic isn't the main part. Why does this forum act like they know more than people who live in their locations. It's a joke. Hell I live less than a block away. Who the hell is moderating this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 11:08 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,437,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy K View Post
Lol. Sure.

And santa monica, bh, west hollywood are la as it gets.
Wh was apart la la until the early 80s.

In this part of la you hsve
Melrose
3rd
Brverly blvd
robertson
Santa monica blvd
sunset strip
golden triwngle
beverly drive

Parts of
Labrea
fairfax

That are loaded with restauranrs and shops (many upscale
that sre walkable.
Post 1259
Where do i mention third and fairfax
where do i mention the grove
where do i mention dupont circle

This isnt the first.time youve pulled these stunts. This is what your rant was about?
The discussion you thought you read?

Come on man...

Last edited by Freddy K; 07-22-2016 at 11:24 PM..

Old 07-22-2016, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afropack-man View Post
Umm...some people know ktown better than others. Olympic isn't the main part. Why does this forum act like they know more than people who live in their locations. It's a joke. Hell I live less than a block away. Who the hell is moderating this.
The dude is nuts.

I domt know anyone in la who considers it the main drag.
its on the fringe of the neighborhood, for God sakes.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afropack-man View Post
But I do cause I from here. It's not the main drag.
Quote:
The dude is nuts.

I domt know anyone in la who considers it the main drag.
its on the fringe of the neighborhood, for God sakes.

Idk...I just see delusional people from both sides lmao.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Of course it isn't Koreatown. Wilshire isn't Koreatown.

You were the one who refused to post anything in Koreatown, then finally I had to do it, and now you whine that it isn't your preferred intersection in Koreatown, even though I showed the main drag.

Now I post Wilshire, because you changed your story and claimed we should ignore Olympic and look at Wilshire, and it's the same as Olympic. Now your complaint is that Wilshire isn't to your liking, but you again refuse to post anything to the contrary.

And you can't count, nor can you even keep track of your posts.

You never asked "who mentioned the grove" even once. But now that you're asking, the answer is YOU.

YOU claimed that 3rd and Fairfax was as urban as Dupont Circle, which is insane. See YOUR post #1259.
Its not to my liking because you picked something several bkocks from the koreatown stretch of wilshire.
how can you not understand something so simple?
you hsve an agenda. You picked a dead zone on purpose.
And
Of course wilshire goes through koreatown. Theres korean hotels on wilshire.
Wilshire isnt the same as olympic...
wikepedia it. Google it.
anything.
nobody believes a word you say.

Last edited by Freddy K; 07-22-2016 at 11:47 PM..

Old 07-22-2016, 11:14 PM

I think DC wins but some people have joke arguments.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Of course wilshire goes through koreatown.
wikepedia it. Google it.
anything.
nobody believes a word you say.
Wilshire is like middle of ktown not sure how you can argue differently. I live and work near it and it is very walkable but this forum makes is seem like it's unwakable? LA is not that walkable but cmon. It's much different living than vacationin.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:20 PM

They have agendas. Its sad stuff.
i shoulda stop reading.at his sidewalks comment.

And The friggin la times has wilshire as the center. I think they know the city better than some random intermet dude

Old 07-23-2016, 12:39 AM

Quote:
They have agendas. Its sad stuff.
i shoulda stop reading.at his sidewalks comment.

And The friggin la times has wilshire as the center. I think they know the city better than some random intermet dude
Olympic is important but you got to know the city and area before you start claming it's the most important stretch. Olympic is not the Main Street it's ridiculous and not based in reality. Wilshire is between 6th and 8th. This can be extended to pico and Beverly.

Olympic is basically a side street in the context of this argument I don't get it and I live right next to Olympic in koreatown.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:51 AM

Quote:
No, you're making up stuff. Wilshire is not heavily Korean, nor is it filled with Korean businesses. The heart of Koreatown is Olympic Blvd.

Per the LA Korean community:

"The heart of Koreatown is the intersection of Olympic Blvd. and Normandie".

Koreatown - Lani.org

Per Visit Koreantown:

"Olympic Boulevard is considered the main street of Koreatown LA. This is where historically Koreans started the businesses that would form the core of the community.

The first official “Koreatown” sign in L.A. was posted at Olympic & Vermont in August 1981."

Koreatown Walking Tour: Olympic Boulevard
How can you say Wilshire isn't heavily Korean??? What kind of joke is this? I live right next to wilshire How is Wilshire in ktown all of a sudden not that Korean? I'm seriously confused. Some of the largest Korean companies are based in koreatown with a Wilshire address.

Where do you guys get your info from so ignorant. I already have high blood pressure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City