Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2016, 09:30 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,438,156 times

Advertisements

Theyre going to build the korean american museum....
On vermont and 6th.

But i guess they didnt want to build their museum in koreatown, so..

Its just so stupid.

You clearly have some weird agenda here. Its obvious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 09:39 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,976,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
How dare I mention the main drag in Koreatown when the discussion is about Koreatown?

And how dare I mention the Grove when the previous discussion was about the Grove?

You're just mad that all your arguments got demolished. You refused to post links to Koreatown, despite repeated requests by multiple forumers, claiming you "had no time" for a simple google search, yet you found the time for 200 other responses.

Wilshire is NOT Koreatown, but since the LA forumers want to change the "game" every time an argument is demolished, here's Wilshire-

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.0563...8i6656!6m1!1e1

Everything that was previously mentioned for Olympic Blvd. applies to Wilshire. Except not much Korean stuff, because it isn't Koreatown. And a giant suburban Home Depot, with loads of parking.
What the hell? Wilshire is the heart of Koreatown. Trust me, I work along Wilshire in Koreatown so I think I would know if I'm in the neighborhood or not. You should post a streetview of Wilshire anywhere between Alvarado and Western. Lol at Olympic being the heart. That's the southern border.

Old 07-22-2016, 09:43 PM

He doesnt know squat.
i dont even know why i bother.

He gauges his opinion on "street view"

His link to wilshire in "koreatown" just so happened to show a home depot with parking, as if thats the norm.

Agendas. Idk why anyone would take his views seriously.

Last edited by Freddy K; 07-22-2016 at 10:18 PM..

Old 07-22-2016, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
What the hell? Wilshire is the heart of Koreatown. Trust me, I work along Wilshire in Koreatown so I think I would know if I'm in the neighborhood or not. You should post a streetview of Wilshire anywhere between Alvarado and Western. Lol at Olympic being the heart. That's the southern border.
I would say at layfette park is where koreatown begins.
alvarado is heart of mp/westlake

Old 07-22-2016, 10:40 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,340,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy K View Post
Ugh

Thats not koreatown on wilshire.
its actually several blocks away from that link.
You never get anything accurate, its honestly laughable.

Olympic is the southern fringe of koreatown, smart guy.
again, this is according to the la times, and anyone whos axtually visited.
But youre the one who cant read a map properly.

And for the fifth time, who mentoned the Grove that inspired your stupid rant?
Of course it isn't Koreatown. Wilshire isn't Koreatown.

You were the one who refused to post anything in Koreatown, then finally I had to do it, and now you whine that it isn't your preferred intersection in Koreatown, even though I showed the main drag.

Now I post Wilshire, because you changed your story and claimed we should ignore Olympic and look at Wilshire, and it's the same as Olympic. Now your complaint is that Wilshire isn't to your liking, but you again refuse to post anything to the contrary.

And you can't count, nor can you even keep track of your posts.

You never asked "who mentioned the grove" even once. But now that you're asking, the answer is YOU.

YOU claimed that 3rd and Fairfax was as urban as Dupont Circle, which is insane. See YOUR post #1259.

Old 07-22-2016, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
No, you're making up stuff. Wilshire is not heavily Korean, nor is it filled with Korean businesses. The heart of Koreatown is Olympic Blvd.

Per the LA Korean community:

"The heart of Koreatown is the intersection of Olympic Blvd. and Normandie".

Koreatown - Lani.org

Per Visit Koreantown:

"Olympic Boulevard is considered the main street of Koreatown LA. This is where historically Koreans started the businesses that would form the core of the community.

The first official “Koreatown” sign in L.A. was posted at Olympic & Vermont in August 1981."

Koreatown Walking Tour: Olympic Boulevard

Old 07-22-2016, 10:52 PM

Quote:

He gauges his opinion on "street view"
How dare we judge cities on actual visual evidence?

Instead of considering what Koreatown actually looks like at street level, we should apparently ignore reality and just blindly trust Freddy K, the impartial arbiter of all related to LA (even though he doesn't even know where Koreatown is, is apparently unaware that the Grove is located at 3rd and Fairfax and even refuses to specify where we should otherwise look).

If you want Wilshire, then show us Wilshire. Show us a neighborhood comparable to Dupont Circle. You can't, because it doesn't exist. Others will keep posting Wilshire, and you'll keep claiming that it isn't to your liking. Of course nothing will be to your liking, because no such place exists.

Quote:
Agendas. Idk why anyone would take his views seriously.
Yes, obviously Google Streetview has an "agenda" and shouldn't be taken seriously. Google has it out for LA, and secretly replaced the LA Streetview with something far more sprawly and suburban, all in a sinister plot to show LA as less urban than Dupont Circle.

Stupid Google!

Old 07-22-2016, 10:59 PM

You have a agenda. Who said google did?
you were the one who cherry picked wilshire "koreatown" in the westlake neighborhood, which jusy so happend to have a home depot with parking. As if those things exist everywhere

You did.
Again, who mentioned thr grove? You keep mentioning it, yet provide no proof a discussion took place.
again, you spin things in your own bizarre way.

Old 07-22-2016, 10:59 PM

508 posts, read 504,368 times
Quote:
Then you don't know Koreatown, as Olympic is definitely the main Korean drag in LA.

But feel free to compare Wilshire to Dupont Circle. Doesn't change a thing.
But I do cause I from here. It's not the main drag.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:05 PM

Quote:
How dare we judge cities on actual visual evidence?

Instead of considering what Koreatown actually looks like at street level, we should apparently ignore reality and just blindly trust Freddy K, the impartial arbiter of all related to LA (even though he doesn't even know where Koreatown is, is apparently unaware that the Grove is located at 3rd and Fairfax and even refuses to specify where we should otherwise look).

If you want Wilshire, then show us Wilshire. Show us a neighborhood comparable to Dupont Circle. You can't, because it doesn't exist. Others will keep posting Wilshire, and you'll keep claiming that it isn't to your liking. Of course nothing will be to your liking, because no such place exists.

Yes, obviously Google Streetview has an "agenda" and shouldn't be taken seriously. Google has it out for LA, and secretly replaced the LA Streetview with something far more sprawly and suburban, all in a sinister plot to show LA as less urban than Dupont Circle.

Stupid Google!
Sigh

The la times has the northern boundary as beverly, olympic as south. Wilshire is koreatown.
other la formers have said the same thing, calling you on your lies and bs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City