Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which feels bigger, Sea/Tac or Twin Cities?
Seattle/Tacoma 70 74.47%
Twin Cities 24 25.53%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 08:52 AM

591 posts, read 824,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
The poll has not had much response for weeks. I will offer again, that these metros are close in population, and both offer major companies, and both consist of two cities that make up the metro. Which feels bigger? I said originally that I thought Twin Cities did, but there are some variables, such as Bellevue, a major highrise suburb that outshines Bloomington. Yet, MSP offers a hub airport, and a big transportation system that outshines Seattle. Please chime in.
Why bring back this thread? It is pretty much settled and most everyone can agree that Seattle feels bigger but both cities are similar in many ways.

Also Seattle has the busier airport...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2015, 09:07 AM

1,526 posts, read 1,996,084 times
Quote:
The poll has not had much response for weeks. I will offer again, that these metros are close in population, and both offer major companies, and both consist of two cities that make up the metro. Which feels bigger? I said originally that I thought Twin Cities did, but there are some variables, such as Bellevue, a major highrise suburb that outshines Bloomington. Yet, MSP offers a hub airport, and a big transportation system that outshines Seattle. Please chime in.
You're just fiending for more votes / responses from people who have never been to the Minneapolis area, aren't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapper23 View Post

Also Seattle has the busier airport...
Meh. MSP International led SEA-TAC for years and it's not like SEA-TAC is dominating MSP by millions of passengers. If / When Delta buys Alaskan, SEA-TAC's numbers will more than likely drop, just like they did at MSP, Detroit, and others after Delta bought Northwest.

Last edited by YIMBY; 08-25-2015 at 09:17 AM..

Old 08-25-2015, 09:25 AM

3,875 posts, read 4,719,631 times
My sense is that the geographical layout of the 2 areas is so vastly different that it interferes with making a really easy judgment call in the posed queston here.
Nevertheless, I'm very familiar with both metros & would have to call the question slightly in favor of the Twin Cities.
Being a map geek, as a couple of others have called themselves here earlier, I love my collectons of "vintage" & newer maps of both Seattle & the Twin Cities.

Old 08-25-2015, 07:28 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,959,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YIMBY View Post
You're just fiending for more votes / responses from people who have never been to the Minneapolis area, aren't you?

Meh. MSP International led SEA-TAC for years and it's not like SEA-TAC is dominating MSP by millions of passengers. If / When Delta buys Alaskan, SEA-TAC's numbers will more than likely drop, just like they did at MSP, Detroit, and others after Delta bought Northwest.
No not looking for more votes, as I already stated I actually think MSP feels bigger. I built the poll to last through September, so just a little bump. Not the first time anyone has bumped something up here. Feel free to ignore...

However, I tend to agree that MSP is a bigger airport in terminal size and land area than Sea-Tac. Sea-Tac edges out MSP mainly because of its huge regional traffic, and its International traffic. As for Delta taking over Alaska, who knows? Could happen. But right now Delta has added so many flights into SEA, it is now considered a Delta hub. The competition is good and passenger rates are rising fast. I credit Delta, atleast for now. It woke up the Eskimo. (of course I am referring to the symbolic Eskimo on the tails of Alaska planes.)

Last edited by pnwguy2; 08-25-2015 at 08:18 PM..

Old 08-25-2015, 07:38 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,742,895 times
Quote:
Why beat a dead horse? Your Seattle is already winning...

Old 08-25-2015, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
Why beat a dead horse? Your Seattle is already winning...
Well, it is not "my" Seattle, as though I am a native of the city, would not want to live there now. It has changed so much not to my liking, mainly in cost of living, I would not want to live there. So don't jump to such generalities. Having said that, most of us have a liking to our native cities, and that will never change. But this isn't about Seattle winning. It is about discussion.

Old 08-25-2015, 09:11 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,029,692 times
What's with MLPS trying to puff it's chest? News flash: it's still the midwest

Old 08-25-2015, 10:30 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,497,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
As is Chicago

Old 08-25-2015, 10:37 PM

Santa Cruz isn't so bad, if you are rich.

MSP isn't puffing out their their chest in this thread, really. They are just defending, and deservedly so, their metro area, which IMO is strong.

Old 08-25-2015, 10:49 PM

1,526 posts, read 1,996,084 times
Quote:
Santa Cruz isn't so bad, if you are rich.

MSP isn't puffing out their their chest in this thread, really. They are just defending, and deservedly so, their metro area, which IMO is strong.
Hey pnwTROLLguy2. I'm assuming the comment below is what you were waiting for - right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
Says the one from freakin Santa Cruz. Give me a break.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City