Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I prefer
San Francisco 150 62.76%
Miami Beach 89 37.24%
Voters: 239. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 04:59 PM

1,260 posts, read 1,105,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlando-calrissian View Post
Hmm. What he said was true and a fact, so it seems like you're the one who isn't stating any facts. Millions of Americans do prefer Miami to SF.
What he said was Opinion. What evidence do you have to support this opinion?

The CD poll (albeit simple) is at least a collection of data, which is more than anyone else has presented.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2015, 06:02 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,398,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Red Road View Post
What he said was Opinion. What evidence do you have to support this opinion?

The CD poll (albeit simple) is at least a collection of data, which is more than anyone else has presented.
This is exactly what I said:
"A City-Data poll doesn't change the fact that I and tens of millions of other Americans prefer Miami's climate over SF's."

Do you honestly not believe this is true? Even if a City-Data poll is legit (lol), 36.13% of people still voted for Miami. If 36% vote for Miami on a site like City-Data, we can assume the percentage would be much higher surveying the general public who don't base their votes off of "which city they like more " or "which city is more progressive" or "gay friendly" or defensive cold climate residents pretending to "love the seasons" even though their lawn chairs are empty all winter.

But to save you the tears, we'll just use the 36%. 36% of 300 million Americans = 108 million aka "tens of millions" which is exactly what I said.

Last edited by joeyg2014; 08-14-2015 at 06:10 PM..

Old 08-14-2015, 06:12 PM

1,461 posts, read 2,114,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyg2014 View Post
If 36% vote for Miami on a site like City-Data, we can assume the percentage would be much higher surveying the general public who don't base their votes off of "which city they like more " or "which city is more progressive" or "gay friendly" or defensive cold climate residents pretending to "love the seasons" even though their lawn chairs are empty all winter.
Why can we assume anything about any of this???

Old 08-14-2015, 06:24 PM

3,530 posts, read 4,186,702 times
Which city has the most industries specifically catered to the weather? There will be your answer.

Old 08-14-2015, 06:33 PM

1,260 posts, read 1,105,462 times
Quote:
This is exactly what I said:
"A City-Data poll doesn't change the fact that I and tens of millions of other Americans prefer Miami's climate over SF's."

Do you honestly not believe this is true? Even if a City-Data poll is legit (lol), 36.13% of people still voted for Miami. If 36% vote for Miami on a site like City-Data, we can assume the percentage would be much higher surveying the general public who don't base their votes off of "which city they like more " or "which city is more progressive" or "gay friendly" or defensive cold climate residents pretending to "love the seasons" even though their lawn chairs are empty all winter.

But to save you the tears, we'll just use the 36%. 36% of 300 million Americans = 108 million aka "tens of millions" which is exactly what I said.
We can't assume anything - that's the whole point here.

I have no dog in this fight but you're asking readers to discount the CD poll without offering any real alternative, other than your opinion.

Support your argument with at least an equivalent poll. Don't tell us....Show us.

Last edited by Good Red Road; 08-14-2015 at 06:45 PM..

Old 08-14-2015, 07:21 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,398,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Red Road View Post
We can't assume anything - that's the whole point here.

I have no dog in this fight but you're asking readers to discount the CD poll without offering any real alternative, other than your opinion.

Support your argument with at least an equivalent poll. Don't tell us....Show us.
Even basing the numbers off of this City-Data poll, I was right.

All I said is that there are tens of millions of people who would prefer Miami's climate over SF's. What is so hard to believe about that? Even if we used C-D's results and applied them to the US population, I would be right with such a large margin to spare it's not even funny.

Old 08-14-2015, 08:17 PM

1,780 posts, read 1,765,533 times
Quote:
Even basing the numbers off of this City-Data poll, I was right.

All I said is that there are tens of millions of people who would prefer Miami's climate over SF's. What is so hard to believe about that? Even if we used C-D's results and applied them to the US population, I would be right with such a large margin to spare it's not even funny.
Ok then prove it. I'm sure Google could find something. It's not a very unique topic.

Ready...Go.

Old 08-14-2015, 08:23 PM

197 posts, read 454,367 times
Why are yall so wet and horny for San Francisco? Yall gonna be spending everything on rent that you won't be able to do anything else anyway.

Old 08-14-2015, 08:24 PM

1,461 posts, read 2,114,456 times
And I thought it was all the people who voted for SF that didn't pay attention to the poll question..

Old 08-14-2015, 08:39 PM

3,530 posts, read 4,186,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stasi_crystals View Post
Why are yall so wet and horny for San Francisco? Yall gonna be spending everything on rent that you won't be able to do anything else anyway.
You don't know? "San Francisco " is the new "it" "city".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City