Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I prefer
San Francisco 150 62.76%
Miami Beach 89 37.24%
Voters: 239. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 08:15 AM

36,677 posts, read 67,662,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyg2014 View Post
It's not an opinion. You keep going on about how you "prefer actual men." What's hilarious is that you're saying that and you're a guy. You are from SF so I've had suspicions. But now it's pretty clear.

A City-Data poll doesn't change the fact that I and tens of millions of other Americans prefer Miami's climate over SF's. I said it on page 1. I'm not surprised by the results. Most C-Ders are warm coffee sipping keyboard punching wussies with hour long lunch breaks.
Blah blah blah now youre just being boring.

No need to be bitter. Enjoy your steamy weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2015, 10:37 AM

3,453 posts, read 4,542,653 times
Quote:
We've already discussed this. The reason is that Miami is less than 2% Asian and barely 10% white while SF is 1/3 Asian and nearly 1/2 white. It has less to do with exercise but demographics.
So what? Seriously - so. What? It is still the fatter city. And yes, it has to do with diet and exercise. "Blacks" are the fattest demographic, yet they are by far disproportionately the best atheletes. The reason blacks are fatter as a whole isn't because they're black, it's because of bad habits.

Old 08-14-2015, 11:14 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,399,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
So what? Seriously - so. What? It is still the fatter city. And yes, it has to do with diet and exercise. "Blacks" are the fattest demographic, yet they are by far disproportionately the best atheletes. The reason blacks are fatter as a whole isn't because they're black, it's because of bad habits.
Blacks are fat because of poor diet and lack of exercise, true, but not what we're discussing. I'm speaking on obesity rates based on racial proportions of SF and Miami. Why a certain demographic is fat isn't the point and I've never denied that Miami is fatter. I'm simply explaining that it's not for reasons some of you want it to be.

Old 08-14-2015, 11:55 AM

3,453 posts, read 4,542,653 times
It's because people in Miami on average are fatter than people in San Fran. There's literally nothing more to it.

Old 08-14-2015, 11:58 AM

1,260 posts, read 1,107,023 times
Quote:
A City-Data poll doesn't change the fact that I and tens of millions of other Americans prefer Miami's climate over SF's.
Actually it does, and you're not stating any facts.

Old 08-14-2015, 12:17 PM

1,207 posts, read 1,286,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Red Road View Post
Actually it does, and you're not stating any facts.
Hmm. What he said was true and a fact, so it seems like you're the one who isn't stating any facts. Millions of Americans do prefer Miami to SF.

Old 08-14-2015, 12:59 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,399,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
It's because people in Miami on average are fatter than people in San Fran. There's literally nothing more to it.
Point me to where I denied this.

I was explaining why Miami is fatter. I was being more specific. If you make the demographics of SF and Miami proportional, obesity rates would be similar in each racial/income bracket.

Old 08-14-2015, 02:00 PM

2,412 posts, read 2,480,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPMiami View Post

See how many swimmers you see there?
Under July 4th 2011 of the following link you can see Newport beach full of swimmers, yes Orange County beaches are warmer than san diegos but 2 F isnt a significant difference, 73 F and 75 F, 72 F and 74 F, etc... feels the same really.

http://www.newportsurfshots.com/arti...Happenings.htm

And summer days are full of swimmers I really don't know what makes you think otherwise, unless you've never been here in summer.

Old 08-14-2015, 02:05 PM

1,461 posts, read 2,116,311 times
Did this become Miami vs San Diego (or is it LA now too and/or OC and/or SoCal in general?) because of the poll results? Honestly, I think Miami will have a significantly tougher time vs SoCal climate..

Old 08-14-2015, 02:20 PM

18,983 posts, read 32,735,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPMiami View Post

See how many swimmers you see there?
Just realized that picture is of the surf zone in Ocean Beach. Anybody that tried to swim in the foreground of that photo would have been told to move north by the lifeguards, you know to where all the swimmers are in the upper part of the photo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City