Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2020, 07:16 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,494,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
Burlington. Wow, haven't had one so easy in a long long time. And I've never been to either. But the size difference is immense and I do think I'd really like Burlington anyway.

Minneapolis v Denver
Minn. Den is nice but not my kind of city. Too much over reliance on green culture and trends and not enough grit/uniqueness.

Jacksonville, FL or Raleigh, NC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2020, 07:22 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,570,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Minn. Den is nice but not my kind of city. Too much over reliance on green culture and trends and not enough grit/uniqueness.

Jacksonville, FL or Raleigh, NC?
Jacksonville. I love both, but there's just more to do in Jacksonville recreationally speaking. I love Raleigh, but they just need more unique recreational assets (ie things you don't see in most metro areas). Otherwise, they would've been my choice.

Phoenix, AZ or Denver, CO?

Old 09-01-2020, 09:46 PM

650 posts, read 455,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Jacksonville. I love both, but there's just more to do in Jacksonville recreationally speaking. I love Raleigh, but they just need more unique recreational assets (ie things you don't see in most metro areas). Otherwise, they would've been my choice.

Phoenix, AZ or Denver, CO?
Denver pretty easily for me. Much better climate, closer to my kind of society in terms of laws, and overall just my kind of vibe. Plus it would be nice to see the mountains and such.

Watertown, New York or Haines, Alaska?

Old 09-01-2020, 10:54 PM

3,942 posts, read 2,251,705 times
Watertown. Alaska's way too isolated. Charleston SC or Savannah GA?

Old 09-01-2020, 10:58 PM

14,343 posts, read 9,225,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Watertown. Alaska's way too isolated. Charleston SC or Savannah GA?
Savannah. Charleston's gotten way too precious. Savannah still has some funkiness mixed in with its antebellum charm.

Lancaster, Pa., or Portland, Maine?

Old 09-01-2020, 11:06 PM

Portland ME. On the coast and a good size. Sacramento or St. Louis?

Old 09-01-2020, 11:30 PM

7,780 posts, read 10,210,361 times
Here I go again with the wishy washy answers. If this is for a fixed, short term period (say, 3 years or less) than Sacramento. It makes a good amount of sense for our family as we have loads of friends and family in both SF and LA so living somewhat close would be great (although I expect we will actually just live in one of those two cities someday). However, the longer term we're talking, the more I'd consider St Louis due to COL. St Louis isn't high on our list, but it's a decent place imo. I'll say Sac though if I'm picking one, and just shoot for 3 years or so.

Germantown area of Philadelphia vs Belton, TX

Old 09-02-2020, 08:43 AM

13,778 posts, read 8,084,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
Germantown area of Philadelphia vs Belton, TX
I'm neither a big city person nor a Yankee, so Belton is the easy choice. Philly is a great place to visit though.

Wissahickon, Philadelphia or Troy Hill, Pittsburgh?

Old 09-02-2020, 08:58 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,570,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUMike View Post
I'm neither a big city person nor a Yankee, so Belton is the easy choice. Philly is a great place to visit though.

Wissahickon, Philadelphia or Troy Hill, Pittsburgh?
I know nothing about the neighborhoods, but I'd take Philly over Pittsburgh. If Pittsburgh's population wasn't in such a dying mode, I'd go with them. It's a more beautiful area and I love it a lot. But Philly just offers so much more right now.

Columbus, OH or Cincinnati, OH?

Old 09-02-2020, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
I know nothing about the neighborhoods, but I'd take Philly over Pittsburgh. If Pittsburgh's population wasn't in such a dying mode, I'd go with them. It's a more beautiful area and I love it a lot. But Philly just offers so much more right now.

Columbus, OH or Cincinnati, OH?
I'm going with Columbus. It's a growing city and I've heard a lot of good things about it. Toledo OH or Akron OH?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City