Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2016, 01:27 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,443,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogers385 View Post
San Antonio, because Texas.

Pasadena, TX vs Bakersfield, CA
Pasadena,TX cuz its Texas.....Detroit,MI or Gary,Indiana?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2016, 08:44 PM

9,719 posts, read 9,480,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
Pasadena,TX cuz its Texas.....Detroit,MI or Gary,Indiana?
Detroit, a city full of culture and a new plan in place. The city will be great again, but it will take a while. Gary doesn't have much hope.

Anderson, SC or Owensboro, KY?

Old 10-24-2016, 09:29 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,563,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Detroit, a city full of culture and a new plan in place. The city will be great again, but it will take a while. Gary doesn't have much hope.

Anderson, SC or Owensboro, KY?
Anderson because it's in the Greenville/Spartanburg area. A nice location between Charlotte and Atlanta.

Orlando, FL or Las Vegas, NV?

Old 10-24-2016, 09:56 AM

37,920 posts, read 42,147,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Anderson because it's in the Greenville/Spartanburg area. A nice location between Charlotte and Atlanta.

Orlando, FL or Las Vegas, NV?
Orlando for sure...a pretty nice city.

Tupelo, MS or Clarksdale, MS?

Old 10-24-2016, 02:04 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,563,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Orlando for sure...a pretty nice city.

Tupelo, MS or Clarksdale, MS?
Tupelo, I guess, for the Elvis connection. Wouldn't really want to live in either.

Charleston, SC or Santa Fe, NM?

Old 10-24-2016, 03:21 PM

1,099 posts, read 1,437,130 times
Great question, but I'll go with Santa Fe to avoid the humidity

Atlanta, Georgia or San Diego, California?

Old 10-24-2016, 04:05 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,223,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanRam View Post
Great question, but I'll go with Santa Fe to avoid the humidity

Atlanta, Georgia or San Diego, California?
San Diego.

Both cities are desirable, but San Diego is my choice with better weather (much milder summers) and its location on the Pacific coast. I have visited San Diego five times (have a few friends there; went to a friend's wedding there) and could probably navigate around most of it without a map. Never been to Atlanta so less familiar. There is a cost of living advantage for Atlanta of course, but a beautiful walk along the coast in San Diego, La Jolla or in the Mission Bay area is free!

Monterey, CA or Santa Barbara, CA ?

Old 10-24-2016, 05:06 PM

6,843 posts, read 11,002,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Monterey, CA or Santa Barbara, CA ?
That is an extremely tough one.

My four absolute favorite places in CA are San Diego, Santa Barbara, Monterey Bay Area, and San Luis Obispo and I mean the metropolitan regions of all of the aforementioned places. I wouldn't mind living in any of them and in each and every case you get peak CA living without the traffic and congestion issues that plague the significantly larger regions of Coastal CA.

Really hard to pick one between Monterey and Santa Barbara though. One puts me within vicinity of the Channel Islands, which I love a lot and the other puts me within vicinity of Big Sur, again, which I love a hella lot. Both areas offer a close and manageable distance to Greater Los Angeles (Santa Barbara) or San Francisco Bay Area (Monterey) to get the things that only big cities can offer.

If pressed, I will go with Santa Barbara over Monterey, off the the actual city of Santa Barbara itself, which I like just ever so slightly more than the town of Monterey.

Again, would have absolutely ZERO issues living in either. Both are in the four places that make my longlist of places that I could live in CA (and by extension the United States).

Asheville, North Carolina or Portland, Maine?

Old 10-24-2016, 05:10 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,443,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facts Kill Rhetoric View Post
That is an extremely tough one.

My four absolute favorite places in CA are San Diego, Santa Barbara, Monterey Bay Area, and San Luis Obispo and I mean the metropolitan regions of all of the aforementioned places. I wouldn't mind living in any of them and in each and every case you get peak CA living without the traffic and congestion issues that plague the significantly larger regions of Coastal CA.

Really hard to pick one between Monterey and Santa Barbara though. One puts me within vicinity of the Channel Islands, which I love a lot and the other puts me within vicinity of Big Sur, again, which I love a hella lot. Both areas offer a close and manageable distance to Greater Los Angeles (Santa Barbara) or San Francisco Bay Area (Monterey) to get the things that only big cities can offer.

If pressed, I will go with Santa Barbara over Monterey, off the the actual city of Santa Barbara itself, which I like just ever so slightly more than the town of Monterey.

Again, would have absolutely ZERO issues living in either. Both are in the four places that make my longlist of places that I could live in CA (and by extension the United States).

Asheville, North Carolina or Portland, Maine?
Asheville,North Carolina because I prefer the South.
Austin,TX or Nashville,TN?

Old 10-24-2016, 05:13 PM

6,843 posts, read 11,002,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
Asheville,North Carolina because I prefer the South.
Austin,TX or Nashville,TN?
I could live in either, similar to the situation I described above between Santa Barbara and Monterey, which it is an overall draw for me but I'll go with Austin.

Aspen, Colorado or Ashland, Oregon?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City