Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2021, 07:21 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,571,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUMike View Post
A couple of Army towns. I'd pick Clarksville because I generally prefer Tennessee to Texas - its culture, ecology, and climate.

Yonkers, New York or Evanston, Illinois?
Evanston. I would much rather be in the Chicago metro than NYC metro.

Jacksonville, FL or Indianapolis, IN?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2021, 10:11 AM

9,728 posts, read 9,497,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Evanston. I would much rather be in the Chicago metro than NYC metro.

Jacksonville, FL or Indianapolis, IN?
Jacksonville. Both cities have improved, but Jacksonville is more my pace. I like the area and scenery.

Raleigh, NC or Des Moines, IA?

Old 02-17-2021, 10:38 AM

13,814 posts, read 8,089,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Raleigh, NC or Des Moines, IA?
Raleigh. I actually prefer Des Moines' smaller size and less sprawly feel - I wouldn't be surprised if it were cheaper too - but the climate is definitely a deciding factor here.

Which corner of Missouri:
Caruthersville or Maryville?

Old 02-17-2021, 10:50 AM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,807,890 times
Quote:
Raleigh. I actually prefer Des Moines' smaller size and less sprawly feel - I wouldn't be surprised if it were cheaper too - but the climate is definitely a deciding factor here.

Which corner of Missouri:
Caruthersville or Maryville?
Maryville. Nicer town. Less likely to encounter epic flood. Closer to the only place in Missouri I’d live in real life: Kansas City.
Not a fan of the boot heel. It’s interesting on some level, just not as a place to live.

Albuquerque, New Mexico or Riverside, California?

Old 02-17-2021, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
Maryville. Nicer town. Less likely to encounter epic flood. Closer to the only place in Missouri I’d live in real life: Kansas City.
Not a fan of the boot heel. It’s interesting on some level, just not as a place to live.

Albuquerque, New Mexico or Riverside, California?
Albuquerque. I like its food, scenery, climate. Really needs to work on its crime rate. I'm just not a fan of CA in terms of living there.

St. Louis, MO or Milwaukee, WI?

Old 02-17-2021, 12:30 PM

13,814 posts, read 8,089,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
St. Louis, MO or Milwaukee, WI?
I prefer Budweiser to Miller, so I think I have to go with St. Louis! Seriously though, I think I would go with St. Louis because of the slightly milder winters, and the culture being more of a blend as opposed to purely Midwestern. If it has to be within the city limits, it's a tougher choice because St. Louis is much denser, which I don't like; but metro St. Louis definitely beats metro Milwaukee for me.

Moving from beer to whiskey:

Lynchburg, Tennessee (Jack Daniels) or Clermont, Kentucky (Jim Beam)?

Old 02-17-2021, 02:44 PM

5,301 posts, read 6,118,516 times
Quote:
I prefer Budweiser to Miller, so I think I have to go with St. Louis! Seriously though, I think I would go with St. Louis because of the slightly milder winters, and the culture being more of a blend as opposed to purely Midwestern. If it has to be within the city limits, it's a tougher choice because St. Louis is much denser, which I don't like; but metro St. Louis definitely beats metro Milwaukee for me.

Moving from beer to whiskey:

Lynchburg, Tennessee (Jack Daniels) or Clermont, Kentucky (Jim Beam)?
Clermont, A. I prefer bourbon to whiskey, and b. it's within close range to the amenities of Louisville.

Paducah Kentucky, or Grand Junction Colorado?

Old 02-17-2021, 02:49 PM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,807,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlo View Post
Clermont, A. I prefer bourbon to whiskey, and b. it's within close range to the amenities of Louisville.

Paducah Kentucky, or Grand Junction Colorado?
Grand Junction. Don't care for Colorado, but I'd take it over Paducah. Neat drive through the canyon to get there. Dry air too.

Maumelle, Arkansas or Edmund, Oklahoma?

Old 02-17-2021, 04:43 PM

9,728 posts, read 9,497,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
Grand Junction. Don't care for Colorado, but I'd take it over Paducah. Neat drive through the canyon to get there. Dry air too.

Maumelle, Arkansas or Edmund, Oklahoma?
Has to be Maumelle due to the name. I like the scenery and proximity to Little Rock.

Evanston, IL or Alexandria, VA?

Old 02-17-2021, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Has to be Maumelle due to the name. I like the scenery and proximity to Little Rock.

Evanston, IL or Alexandria, VA?
Evanston. I love both, but Evanston is a little more affordable.

Memphis, TN or Cleveland, OH?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City