Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2021, 11:37 PM

6,449 posts, read 5,119,626 times

Advertisements

I once did a neighborhood comparison between those two exact cities, ha. I'll take Bellingham since it seems more vibrant and modern as a city. Outside the immediate downtown and the campus area, some parts of Eau Claire feel a bit scraggly (certainly not "bad"), and the businesses skew more... I don't know the word for it, but the opposite of hippie/hipster/granola. More bars and "classic American" restaurants, less ethnic cuisine, vegan stuff, cafes. It seems somehow typically Wisconsin, even though most of Washington's small towns (even some of the college towns, like Ellensburg) are also more in that mold. Not really my scene. I do really like Eau Claire's visual backdrop though, with the calm, wide river and forested hills.

The alphabetically first city/town in your current state that starts with the first letter of your username, or the alphabetically last one that starts with that letter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2021, 01:00 AM

4,819 posts, read 3,105,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
I once did a neighborhood comparison between those two exact cities, ha. I'll take Bellingham since it seems more vibrant and modern as a city. Outside the immediate downtown and the campus area, some parts of Eau Claire feel a bit scraggly (certainly not "bad"), and the businesses skew more... I don't know the word for it, but the opposite of hippie/hipster/granola. More bars and "classic American" restaurants, less ethnic cuisine, vegan stuff, cafes. It seems somehow typically Wisconsin, even though most of Washington's small towns (even some of the college towns, like Ellensburg) are also more in that mold. Not really my scene. I do really like Eau Claire's visual backdrop though, with the calm, wide river and forested hills.

The alphabetically first city/town in your current state that starts with the first letter of your username, or the alphabetically last one that starts with that letter?
You're creative, TBB.

For me, that's Napa CA or Nuevo CA... the latter being a place I'd never heard of!
Turns out it's in Riverside County (So Cal), the population is 6500 or so,
and it seems to be a rural / ag area, now probably turning into a bit of an exurb.

Between those two, I suppose I'd choose Napa, even though I have zero interest in wine.
The neighboring county to the west is Sonoma, which has some great coastal scenery.

San Antonio or Sacramento?

Old 07-19-2021, 07:29 AM

13,842 posts, read 8,130,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
San Antonio or Sacramento?
San Antonio. It's my favorite city in Texas, and I love its rich history.

Elizabethtown, North Carolina or Elizabethtown, Kentucky?

Old 07-19-2021, 09:11 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,585,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
San Antonio. It's my favorite city in Texas, and I love its rich history.

Elizabethtown, North Carolina or Elizabethtown, Kentucky?
The one in NC. I prefer NC to KY and have family there.

Kansas City, MO or Cincinnati, OH?

Old 07-19-2021, 11:34 PM

3,955 posts, read 2,270,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
The one in NC. I prefer NC to KY and have family there.

Kansas City, MO or Cincinnati, OH?
Kansas City. I've lived there before and loved it. Springfield MO or Wichita KS?

Old 07-20-2021, 12:00 AM

3,511 posts, read 3,440,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Kansas City. I've lived there before and loved it. Springfield MO or Wichita KS?
Looking up statistics for both places, I guess I'd go with Wichita. Especially crime, since I don't like how higher the crime rate is for Springfield! And never mind neither city would be high, on my list of cities to consider living in.

Sigh, since I personally like how Springfield isn't too far from the Ozarks. If I could pick anywhere in the Springfield area (including Nixa and etc), maybe I would've went with that instead of Wichita. And assuming I only can look at places within these 2 city limits.

Fayetteville, AR, or Morgantown, WV?

Old 07-20-2021, 12:29 AM

899 posts, read 532,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Looking up statistics for both places, I guess I'd go with Wichita. Especially crime, since I don't like how higher the crime rate is for Springfield! And never mind neither city would be high, on my list of cities to consider living in.

Sigh, since I personally like how Springfield isn't too far from the Ozarks. If I could pick anywhere in the Springfield area (including Nixa and etc), maybe I would've went with that instead of Wichita. And assuming I only can look at places within these 2 city limits.

Fayetteville, AR, or Morgantown, WV?
Fayetteville is cheaper, and it has been recognized, so there already good jobs.

Medford, Oregon or Redding, California?

Old 07-20-2021, 07:01 AM

2,575 posts, read 2,917,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
Fayetteville is cheaper, and it has been recognized, so there already good jobs.

Medford, Oregon or Redding, California?
Medford... I prefer Redding's location relative to other cities but otherwise I prefer Medford for all other categories. It seems more vibrant and cosmopolitan.

Moscow, ID or Pocatello, ID?

Old 07-20-2021, 07:15 AM

13,842 posts, read 8,130,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Moscow, ID or Pocatello, ID?
Moscow. Even though it's on the edge of the Palouse, it has much more trees than Pocatello due to getting significantly more rainfall. I also like its relative proximity to the Coeur d'Alene area.

Burlington, Washington or Burlington, Vermont?

Old 07-21-2021, 07:50 AM

2,575 posts, read 2,917,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Moscow. Even though it's on the edge of the Palouse, it has much more trees than Pocatello due to getting significantly more rainfall. I also like its relative proximity to the Coeur d'Alene area.

Burlington, Washington or Burlington, Vermont?
Burlington, WA... Burlington, VT seems nice but it's a little too cold and isolated for my liking. Burlington, WA is close to Bellingham and not too far away from Seattle and Vancouver too.

Sioux Falls, SD or Twin Falls, ID?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City