Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2021, 04:16 AM

14,317 posts, read 9,198,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
This one is too easy for me. I want absolutely nothing to do with the Twin Cities whatsoever, not with the whole George Floyd mess and the rapidly rising crime rate and the crappy winter weather (which, admittedly, pre-dates George Floyd). I'm not familiar with St. Petersburg itself, but I've heard a lot of good things about it. And I do definitely like nearby Tampa, so it would be nice to leave close to it. To be sure, I'm not going to like the Florida humidity; but no place is perfect.

Tulsa, OK or Wichita, KS?
Neither, tbh, but if I had to choose, I'd choose Tulsa on the grounds of having a richer cultural tradition and on standing-with-Greenwood grounds.

Omaha or Grand Rapids?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2021, 07:03 AM

32 posts, read 39,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Tulsa, OK or Wichita, KS?
Definitely Tulsa. More to do and lower taxes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Omaha or Grand Rapids?
Grand Rapids as it's close to the beaches of Lake Michigan.

Bangor, ME or Mason City, IA?

Last edited by JoeBravo; 07-28-2021 at 07:51 AM..

Old 07-28-2021, 07:52 AM

2,566 posts, read 2,900,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBravo View Post
Definitely Tulsa. More to do and lower taxes.

Grand Rapids as it's close to the beaches of Lake Michigan.

Bangor, ME or Dubuque, IA?
Dubuque... Both are decent small cities in politically moderate parts of their respective states, but I prefer Dubuque's location a little bit more. If Bangor was more centrally located within New England, I'd probably pick there.

Jackson, TN or Jackson, MI?

Old 07-28-2021, 02:41 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,333,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Dubuque... Both are decent small cities in politically moderate parts of their respective states, but I prefer Dubuque's location a little bit more. If Bangor was more centrally located within New England, I'd probably pick there.

Jackson, TN or Jackson, MI?
Jackson MI Close to Ann Arbor which I like.

Providence RI or Syracuse NY?

Old 07-28-2021, 08:11 PM

3,495 posts, read 3,417,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
Jackson MI Close to Ann Arbor which I like.

Providence RI or Syracuse NY?
Providence. Seems like to me there'd be more to do culturally, vs. Syracuse. Along with it being not far from beaches. Though I do like how Syracuse isn't too far away, from some nice places to road trip(i.e. Ithaca, Finger Lakes NY region, etc).

Rutland, VT, or Pittsfield, MA?

Old 07-29-2021, 07:35 AM

13,755 posts, read 8,058,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Rutland, VT, or Pittsfield, MA?
Both are beautiful. I'd rather live in Rutland because it's smaller and I'd prefer to be a resident of Vermont.

Berlin, New Hampshire or London, Kentucky?

Old 07-29-2021, 03:08 PM

20 posts, read 19,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Berlin, New Hampshire or London, Kentucky?
Berlin as it's the summers there are probably much nicer.

Traverse City, MI or Fairbanks, AK?

Old 07-29-2021, 03:13 PM

1,169 posts, read 757,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalTV View Post
Berlin as it's the summers there are probably much nicer.

Traverse City, MI or Fairbanks, AK?
YES! I've actually lived in both, if only for a few months each. I spent the rest of my time in Alaska living away from any of the cities.

Traverse City, due to the lake nearby, and easier access to life's other wants and needs in the region.

(This from a guy who likes Alaska obviously but I loved living in Northern Michigan and then later the UP.)

Moab, UT or Townsend, TN?

Last edited by alaskaflyer; 07-29-2021 at 04:20 PM..

Old 07-29-2021, 04:42 PM

3,495 posts, read 3,417,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaflyer View Post
YES! I've actually lived in both, if only for a few months each. I spent the rest of my time in Alaska living away from any of the cities.

Traverse City, due to the lake nearby, and easier access to life's other wants and needs in the region.

(This from a guy who likes Alaska obviously but I loved living in Northern Michigan and then later the UP.)

Moab, UT or Townsend, TN?
Moab would be better to hit, if on vacation. Townsend isn't too far from Maryville and other towns with shops, so that.

I got busy with work, but was intending to answer the Berlin (NH) vs. London (KY) one. Where I would've answered London, since I didn't like how isolated(within NH) Berlin is. And at least it wouldn't be too far, to do road trips to other places I suspect I'd enjoy visiting.

Evansville, IN, or Peoria, IL?

Old 07-30-2021, 10:52 AM

13,755 posts, read 8,058,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Evansville, IN, or Peoria, IL?
I'd pick Evansville. I think it has more potential and I prefer its more southerly location.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa or Fort Wayne, Indiana?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City