Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2021, 10:57 AM

3,959 posts, read 2,271,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Tough one as both towns are pretty rural and conservative, which isn't really my thing... Might actually go against the grain and choose Cullman because it's larger, warmer, and within an hour of both Birmingham and Huntsville.

Tacoma, WA or Oakland, CA?
Tacoma. Washington is cheaper than California. Roanoke VA or Asheville NC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2021, 12:36 PM

6,453 posts, read 5,122,647 times
Roanoke. Asheville seems worth visiting but also massively cost-inflated by the hype

Akron, OH or Buffalo, NY?

Old 07-16-2021, 12:51 PM

3,512 posts, read 3,442,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
Roanoke. Asheville seems worth visiting but also massively cost-inflated by the hype

Akron, OH or Buffalo, NY?
Neither of these cities are ones I'd consider highly for living in, but I guess I'd go with Akron. Lesser crime, and it doesn't get as much snow as Buffalo.

Casper, WY, or Billings, MT?

Old 07-16-2021, 03:39 PM

899 posts, read 532,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Neither of these cities are ones I'd consider highly for living in, but I guess I'd go with Akron. Lesser crime, and it doesn't get as much snow as Buffalo.

Casper, WY, or Billings, MT?
Both look acceptable, but Casper is slightly cheaper, and there's no state minimum wage.

Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania or Canton, Ohio?

Old 07-17-2021, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
Both look acceptable, but Casper is slightly cheaper, and there's no state minimum wage.

Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania or Canton, Ohio?
Looking at statistics for these 2 cities, I think I'd go with Wilkes-Barre. Less crime, and to me it'd be cool being near the Poconos. Along with upstate NY places like Ithaca, Binghamton, Corning, etc.

La Crosse, WI, or Dubuque, IA?

Old 07-17-2021, 06:29 AM

14,365 posts, read 9,267,050 times
Quote:
Looking at statistics for these 2 cities, I think I'd go with Wilkes-Barre. Less crime, and to me it'd be cool being near the Poconos. Along with upstate NY places like Ithaca, Binghamton, Corning, etc.

La Crosse, WI, or Dubuque, IA?
Dubuque. I've long wanted to meet the little old lady that The New Yorker was not written for.

Steubenville, Ohio, or Winterset, Iowa?

Old 07-17-2021, 11:24 AM

899 posts, read 532,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Dubuque. I've long wanted to meet the little old lady that The New Yorker was not written for.

Steubenville, Ohio, or Winterset, Iowa?
Steubenville has a college, which means jobs. Winterset is rather isolated, with not much economically.

Oak Park, Illinois or Silver Spring, Maryland?

Old 07-17-2021, 02:53 PM

14,365 posts, read 9,267,050 times
Quote:
Steubenville has a college, which means jobs. Winterset is rather isolated, with not much economically.
I think Winterset makes up for lack of a college at least partly through tourism; it's the county seat of Madison County, which I think you may have heard of because of all its covered bridges — and the romantic movie that hung on those bridges.

Madison County is also part of the Des Moines MSA; it's just southwest of Polk County, where Iowa's capital and largest city is located.

(I knew about it as a kid because one of Kansas City's biggest and best smorgasbords, The Gold Buffet, also had a location in Winterset. The Gold Buffet was the restaurant my Dad's parents went to most of the times when they dined out.)

Back to you:

Old 07-17-2021, 03:24 PM

Quote:

Oak Park. Since to me it has more charm, and Silver Spring seems a little suburbanish at least to me. I'm sure Silver Spring isn't bad to live in or visit, but to me I just prefer Oak Park.

Sanibel Island, FL, or Key Biscayne, FL?

Old 07-17-2021, 10:38 PM

173 posts, read 183,507 times
Quote:
Oak Park. Since to me it has more charm, and Silver Spring seems a little suburbanish at least to me. I'm sure Silver Spring isn't bad to live in or visit, but to me I just prefer Oak Park.

Sanibel Island, FL, or Key Biscayne, FL?

Sanibel Island due to the variety of aquatic preserves and variety around Sanibel. Oh and the Turtle Habitat!

Bellingham, WA or Eau Claire, WI?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City