Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2021, 06:37 AM

31 posts, read 39,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
Grants Pass, Oregon or Lewiston, Idaho?
Lewiston because it's in Idaho.

Bismarck, ND or Amarillo, TX?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2021, 07:00 AM

2,566 posts, read 2,900,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwansonOfTheSouth View Post
Lewiston because it's in Idaho.

Bismarck, ND or Amarillo, TX?
Amarillo... It's larger, warmer, more diverse, and 4 hours from OKC and Albuquerque, while the closest major metro to Bismarck is Minneapolis 6 hours away.

Spokane, WA or Roanoke, VA?

Old 07-10-2021, 06:15 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,854,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Amarillo... It's larger, warmer, more diverse, and 4 hours from OKC and Albuquerque, while the closest major metro to Bismarck is Minneapolis 6 hours away.

Spokane, WA or Roanoke, VA?

Spokane, Washington

Nashville, TN or Raleigh-Durham, NC?

Old 07-10-2021, 06:18 PM

254 posts, read 115,844 times
Right where I am living in NYC. I'd probably go to San Diego or Portland. I grew up in the south so no going back there.

Old 07-10-2021, 07:01 PM

6,431 posts, read 5,079,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKafrican1 View Post
Right where I am living in NYC. I'd probably go to San Diego or Portland. I grew up in the south so no going back there.
BTW: on this thread you gotta pick between the 2 options above. Sometimes they're not good options, which is part of the fun lol.

Anyway, I will take Raleigh because I work in tech, and it's closer to Charlotte than Nashville is to any similar-sized city. Nashville seems to have more good urban neighborhoods just in Nashville proper, but Raleigh has a similar number if you also count Durham and Chapel Hill.

Bangor, ME or Plattsburgh, NY?

Old 07-10-2021, 08:31 PM

3,495 posts, read 3,417,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
BTW: on this thread you gotta pick between the 2 options above. Sometimes they're not good options, which is part of the fun lol.

Anyway, I will take Raleigh because I work in tech, and it's closer to Charlotte than Nashville is to any similar-sized city. Nashville seems to have more good urban neighborhoods just in Nashville proper, but Raleigh has a similar number if you also count Durham and Chapel Hill.

Bangor, ME or Plattsburgh, NY?
I'd go with Plattsburgh. Since to me I like how it's near Burlington, the Adirondacks (and the mountain area of northeast NY state), Thousand Islands area, and Montreal whenever the border reopens down the road. Plus there's also the Adirondack Amtrak train, which connects Plattsburgh with Montreal, Saratoga Springs, Albany, Poughkeepsie, NYC, etc.

Texarkana, TX, or Monroe, LA?

Old 07-11-2021, 08:22 PM

899 posts, read 528,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I'd go with Plattsburgh. Since to me I like how it's near Burlington, the Adirondacks (and the mountain area of northeast NY state), Thousand Islands area, and Montreal whenever the border reopens down the road. Plus there's also the Adirondack Amtrak train, which connects Plattsburgh with Montreal, Saratoga Springs, Albany, Poughkeepsie, NYC, etc.

Texarkana, TX, or Monroe, LA?
Texarkana because it's a lot safer than Monroe, and it's not shrinking.

Peoria, Illinois or Springfield, Missouri?

Old 07-12-2021, 12:30 AM

6,431 posts, read 5,079,799 times
Peoria. Way better urbanity and more attractive scenery with the Illinois River bluffs.

Twin Falls, ID or Bloomington, IN?

Old 07-12-2021, 09:31 AM

13,755 posts, read 8,058,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
Twin Falls, ID or Bloomington, IN?
Bloomington. It's greener and has a major university. The TF area is one of the least scenic parts of Idaho, and it seems pretty desolate.

Roanoke, Virginia or Huntsville, Alabama?

Old 07-12-2021, 11:30 AM

10,211 posts, read 1,045,220 times
Roanoke Virginia - it's a beautiful state

Brooklyn NY or Lynbrook NY???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City