Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2021, 08:00 AM

2,566 posts, read 2,901,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Shreveport. Even though large parts of the city are rather dumpy, I'd rather be in the South; and I love Louisiana food and culture.

Ocala, Florida or Temple, Texas?
Ocala... prefer the more lush setting and being a little over an hour away from Orlando and the ocean beaches.

Tulsa, OK or Fresno, CA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2021, 02:16 PM

3,496 posts, read 3,418,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Ocala... prefer the more lush setting and being a little over an hour away from Orlando and the ocean beaches.

Tulsa, OK or Fresno, CA?
Tough, since they both are about the same size in population. Although once I saw this article on Wikipedia( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enviro...no,_California ), sigh this makes me wary about wanting to live in Fresno. Which in a way is too bad, since those hilly areas northeast of Fresno on California Highway 168 look nice. Since before I saw that page, I was leaning towards picking Fresno between these 2. And even despite the personal issues I have with California's state government, myself. (rather not get too deeply into that, as I don't want to turn this thread into a political debate)

I did also like Tulsa, so I'll pick that one. One thing that I thought was a little weird was that Fresno's airport seems to have flights mostly only to western cities, while the flight destinations out of Tulsa's airport seem a little more balanced to various parts of the US, including to Chicago. And as it seems like the Philbrook Museum of Art would be cool to visit, so I'll pick Tulsa. Also the lakes and river areas in nearby places, might be interesting to visit around Tulsa and nearby communities.

Huntsville, AL, or Knoxville, TN?

Old 04-14-2021, 02:55 PM

13,759 posts, read 8,062,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Huntsville, AL, or Knoxville, TN?
Huntsville to live. I'm very content to stay in Alabama. I don't care to be surrounded by Rocky Top fans.

Dover, Delaware or Dover, New Hampshire?

Old 04-14-2021, 04:48 PM

3,496 posts, read 3,418,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Huntsville to live. I'm very content to stay in Alabama. I don't care to be surrounded by Rocky Top fans.

Dover, Delaware or Dover, New Hampshire?
Dover, NH. I'm sure Dover, DE is okay, but Dover, NH seems to have a bunch of advantages(to myself) over the one in DE. Including that it's closer to the Atlantic Ocean. Dover, DE hate to say it, doesn't have as many things you could easily drive to nearby that'd interest me. With the exception of it not being too far from Rehoboth Beach. And as I've always wanted to explore Maine, New Hampshire, etc. more, I'd easily pick the NH one.

College Station, TX, or State College, PA?

Old 04-15-2021, 01:40 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,563,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Dover, NH. I'm sure Dover, DE is okay, but Dover, NH seems to have a bunch of advantages(to myself) over the one in DE. Including that it's closer to the Atlantic Ocean. Dover, DE hate to say it, doesn't have as many things you could easily drive to nearby that'd interest me. With the exception of it not being too far from Rehoboth Beach. And as I've always wanted to explore Maine, New Hampshire, etc. more, I'd easily pick the NH one.

College Station, TX, or State College, PA?
State College. Prefer the climate and I have family who live nearby (Altoona).

Hickory, NC or Binghamton, NY?

Old 04-15-2021, 05:20 PM

9,719 posts, read 9,480,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
State College. Prefer the climate and I have family who live nearby (Altoona).

Hickory, NC or Binghamton, NY?
Hickory, NC due to being less expensive and nice small town vibe. I like that it is not as isolated.

Tampa, FL or Charleston, SC?

Old 04-15-2021, 06:19 PM

3,934 posts, read 2,244,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Hickory, NC due to being less expensive and nice small town vibe. I like that it is not as isolated.

Tampa, FL or Charleston, SC?
Tampa. Has more of what I'm looking for. Huntsville AL or Asheville NC?

Old 04-15-2021, 07:30 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,563,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Tampa. Has more of what I'm looking for. Huntsville AL or Asheville NC?
Close, but Asheville. It's affordable outside of the city. More to do overall. Gets a little more snow. But I love both.

Salt Lake City, UT or Seattle, WA?

Old 04-15-2021, 07:54 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,859,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Close, but Asheville. It's affordable outside of the city. More to do overall. Gets a little more snow. But I love both.

Salt Lake City, UT or Seattle, WA?
Salt Lake City. Seattle seems like a really nice area but then there is Seattle politics....No thanks. SLC while not as nice I don't think is still a good sized city with lots of beautiful outdoor recreation opportunities nearby.

Duluth, MN or Yuma, AZ

Old 04-15-2021, 07:58 PM

6,433 posts, read 5,082,198 times
Duluth. I don't usually make weather into a huge factor but southern AZ is so hot and Yuma probably has a lot less going on than Duluth to make up for it.

Alameda, CA or Palo Alto, CA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City