Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2021, 09:29 AM

3,936 posts, read 2,247,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Wilmington, NC. Laid back. Friendly residents. Some great beaches. Nice history. The hurricane risk would be worrisome.

Duluth, MN or Erie, PA?
Duluth because it probably has more going for it. Monroe LA or Pine Bluff AR?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2021, 09:40 AM

13,774 posts, read 8,070,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Monroe LA or Pine Bluff AR?
Monroe, easily. Pine Bluff is at the top of pretty much every list in Arkansas that you don't want to be on.

Wichita, Kansas or Fort Wayne, Indiana?

Old 04-21-2021, 11:36 AM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,801,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Monroe, easily. Pine Bluff is at the top of pretty much every list in Arkansas that you don't want to be on.

Wichita, Kansas or Fort Wayne, Indiana?
Wichita. I like Kansas better and also the Great Plains are pretty cool.

Iowa City, Iowa or Nebraska City, Nebraska?

Old 04-21-2021, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
Iowa City, Iowa or Nebraska City, Nebraska?
Nebraska City. I generally do love college towns, but I have to go with N.C. here. It's about the same size as my current town, which is just perfect. Not too big, not too small. I also like that it's close to both Omaha and Lincoln. I think we'd fit in better in Nebraska than Iowa.

Deltona, Florida or Surprise, Arizona?

Old 04-22-2021, 07:12 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,565,698 times
Quote:
Nebraska City. I generally do love college towns, but I have to go with N.C. here. It's about the same size as my current town, which is just perfect. Not too big, not too small. I also like that it's close to both Omaha and Lincoln. I think we'd fit in better in Nebraska than Iowa.

Deltona, Florida or Surprise, Arizona?
Deltona. Close to Daytona Beach and Orlando. So many recreational assets in that region. I like the Phoenix area (Surprise), but I really don't want to live in a dry, barran, blast furnace desert climate. I much prefer the tropical climate of FL.

Austin, TX or Charlotte, NC?

Old 04-22-2021, 09:33 AM

899 posts, read 528,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Deltona. Close to Daytona Beach and Orlando. So many recreational assets in that region. I like the Phoenix area (Surprise), but I really don't want to live in a dry, barran, blast furnace desert climate. I much prefer the tropical climate of FL.

Austin, TX or Charlotte, NC?
Austin is currently better in terms of education and crime. I expect Charlotte to gentrify further, but it’s not on Austin level yet.

Newark, NJ or Paterson, NJ?

Old 04-22-2021, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
Newark, NJ or Paterson, NJ?
Paterson, without a doubt. Less dense and easier to escape the madness of the largest metro area in the US.

Napa or Monterey, California?

Old 04-22-2021, 01:03 PM

4,766 posts, read 3,074,588 times
Quote:
Paterson, without a doubt. Less dense and easier to escape the madness of the largest metro area in the US.

Napa or Monterey, California?
Monterey! Not interested in wine, but I always enjoy a scenic coastline.

Which suburb of DC: Wheaton MD or Arlington VA?

Old 04-23-2021, 02:11 AM

3,499 posts, read 3,421,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
Monterey! Not interested in wine, but I always enjoy a scenic coastline.

Which suburb of DC: Wheaton MD or Arlington VA?
Arlington, of these 2. Wheaton is probably alright, but something gives me the feeling I'd enjoy Arlington more.

Two places that have a relation to baseball: Williamsport, PA (Little League World Series), or Cooperstown, NY (Baseball Hall of Fame)?

Old 04-23-2021, 05:31 AM

2,567 posts, read 2,902,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Arlington, of these 2. Wheaton is probably alright, but something gives me the feeling I'd enjoy Arlington more.

Two places that have a relation to baseball: Williamsport, PA (Little League World Series), or Cooperstown, NY (Baseball Hall of Fame)?
Williamsport... I visited Cooperstown a few months ago in the dead of winter and loved the HOF and the town itself, but it's too small and isolated for a place where I'd want to live. Williamsport is much larger and would be easier for me to navigate for day-to-day living.

Cumberland, MD or Wheeling, WV?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City