Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2022, 05:33 AM

1,815 posts, read 1,974,532 times

Advertisements

Tucson. Boise is growing too fast at this stage without accounting for the amenities/infrastructure improvements to match. Meanwhile, Tucson is probably the most affordable midsized or larger city along with Albuquerque in the West. The summers/intense sun is probably the biggest drawback, but at least you're just a couple hours from Phoenix for big-city amenities (important in these days of high gas prices), unlike Boise, which is a good half-day drive from Portland/Seattle/Salt Lake City.

Bowen, KY or Arrow Rock, MO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2022, 06:26 AM

14,317 posts, read 9,198,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borntoolate85 View Post
Tucson. Boise is growing too fast at this stage without accounting for the amenities/infrastructure improvements to match. Meanwhile, Tucson is probably the most affordable midsized or larger city along with Albuquerque in the West. The summers/intense sun is probably the biggest drawback, but at least you're just a couple hours from Phoenix for big-city amenities (important in these days of high gas prices), unlike Boise, which is a good half-day drive from Portland/Seattle/Salt Lake City.

Bowen, KY or Arrow Rock, MO
Arrow Rock, no contest.

It's not only a more substantial settlement and in better shape than Bowen, it's also a state historical park.

Two cities named for descendants of the same legendary figure, one of them not far from Arrow Rock:

Boone, Iowa, or Boonville, Mo.?

Old 03-14-2022, 07:28 AM

2,566 posts, read 2,900,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Arrow Rock, no contest.

It's not only a more substantial settlement and in better shape than Bowen, it's also a state historical park.

Two cities named for descendants of the same legendary figure, one of them not far from Arrow Rock:

Boone... I like its proximity to Ames (20-25 minutes) and Des Moines (45-50 minutes) for access to jobs/amenities. That feature gives it a leg up on any of Boonville's best attributes.

Starting with some current NCAA men's basketball tournament 1st round match-ups:

Burlington, VT or Fayetteville, AR?

Old 03-14-2022, 07:47 AM

13,755 posts, read 8,058,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Boonville, MO. I prefer its location along the Missouri River and being surrounded by rolling wooded hills as opposed to Boone which is surrounded by flat cornfields. Also, having slightly milder winters is a plus.

Oops, missed this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Burlington, VT or Fayetteville, AR?
As much as I love Burlington, for year-round living I'd pick Fayetteville as Vermont winters are too cold and snowy for me.

Lima, Ohio or Peru, Indiana?

Old 03-14-2022, 02:27 PM

1,098 posts, read 909,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Boonville, MO. I prefer its location along the Missouri River and being surrounded by rolling wooded hills as opposed to Boone which is surrounded by flat cornfields. Also, having slightly milder winters is a plus.

Oops, missed this one

As much as I love Burlington, for year-round living I'd pick Fayetteville as Vermont winters are too cold and snowy for me.

Lima, Ohio or Peru, Indiana?
Both sound incredibly depressing, but I’ll take Lima, OH since it’s almost 3xs bigger and in my home state

Provo, UT vs Redding, CA

Old 03-15-2022, 12:30 PM

3,931 posts, read 2,243,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame22 View Post
Both sound incredibly depressing, but I’ll take Lima, OH since it’s almost 3xs bigger and in my home state

Provo, UT vs Redding, CA
Provo. Has a healthier economy and not far from Salt Lake City. Visalia CA or Yuma AZ?

Old 03-15-2022, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Visalia CA or Yuma AZ?
I think I'd prefer Visalia as I'd have a hard time adjusting to such an arid place as Yuma.

Chickasaw, Alabama or Chickasha, Oklahoma?

Old 03-15-2022, 03:05 PM

1,098 posts, read 909,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I think I'd prefer Visalia as I'd have a hard time adjusting to such an arid place as Yuma.

Chickasaw, Alabama or Chickasha, Oklahoma?
Alabama. It’s right next to Mobile which I guess probably means easy trips to the beach. Might as well be near the beach if you have to live in the south. Also, trips to New Orleans

Alpine, TX vs Millinocket, MN

Old 03-17-2022, 07:55 AM

899 posts, read 528,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame22 View Post
Alabama. It’s right next to Mobile which I guess probably means easy trips to the beach. Might as well be near the beach if you have to live in the south. Also, trips to New Orleans

Alpine, TX vs Millinocket, MN
Assuming this is Millinocket, Maine, I prefer Alpine because its elevation means milder weather. Also, it has Sul Ross State University, so there are more jobs too.

Modesto, CA or Tyler, TX

Old 03-17-2022, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
Modesto, CA or Tyler, TX
Tyler. I've never been there, but heard it's a nice small city.

Hazlehurst, Georgia or Hazlehurst, Mississippi?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City