Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2022, 06:51 AM

8,992 posts, read 17,380,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Hutchinson KS or Grand Island NB?
I have a friend from Hutchinson; and for some reason, there was a season of my life I was getting targeted ads for something called "Move to Grand Island." I don't know much about Grand Island, but the ads were well done and did a job making Grand Island seem appealing. Given a real world choice, I'd pick Grand Island because hey why not.

Evansville IN or Fargo ND
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2022, 07:42 AM

13,849 posts, read 8,142,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Evansville IN or Fargo ND
Evansville. I like the milder climate and abundance of trees, and I prefer its regional location.

San Antonio, Texas or Greenville, South Carolina?

Old 12-12-2022, 07:55 AM

357 posts, read 163,980 times
Greenville. Don't get me wrong I like San Antonio I don't think I'm built for those summers. Greenville doesn't have great summers but at least an hour away there are some higher elevation escapes.

University City MO or Highland Park NJ?

Old 12-12-2022, 08:10 AM

4,446 posts, read 4,362,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCityIsBetterThanYours View Post
Greenville. Don't get me wrong I like San Antonio I don't think I'm built for those summers. Greenville doesn't have great summers but at least an hour away there are some higher elevation escapes.

University City MO or Highland Park NJ?
Highland Park NJ. I'd rather be on the east coast and near NYC

Gainesville FL or Gainesville GA?

Old 12-12-2022, 08:37 AM

357 posts, read 163,980 times
Gainesville GA. Its got a nice downtown square and that pretty location on Lake Lanier and while its an exurb its still got that connection to metro ATL whereas Gainesville is kind of hanging out by itself in central Florida if you're not connected to the University.

Anacortes WA or Astoria OR?

Old 12-12-2022, 06:52 PM

3,512 posts, read 3,444,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCityIsBetterThanYours View Post
Gainesville GA. Its got a nice downtown square and that pretty location on Lake Lanier and while its an exurb its still got that connection to metro ATL whereas Gainesville is kind of hanging out by itself in central Florida if you're not connected to the University.

Anacortes WA or Astoria OR?
Both towns are charming, but I think I'd pick Anacortes. Due to the fact it isn't far from the ferry to the San Juan Islands, that I'd be close to Victoria(and Vancouver and the rest of British Columbia), Bellingham, plus it isn't too far of a drive east to Mount Vernon to catch an Amtrak train to either Bellingham or Vancouver, or south to Seattle or elsewhere. This is making me wonder, has Amtrak finally restored Cascades train service between Seattle and Vancouver, BC? Hopefully that train service is back, by now. And while Astoria is a charming town, I only don't like it's further away from Portland than I'd prefer.

Speaking of charming but isolated towns along the Pacific coast: Astoria, OR, or Eureka, CA?

Old 12-12-2022, 09:18 PM

6 posts, read 3,145 times
The towns are quite similar in many ways, but I'd probably go with Eureka over Astoria due to Eureka being slightly warmer than Astoria year-round, and Eureka's location closer to many of the natural beauties of California, in particular the Redwoods State Park.

I'm gonna take it in a completely different direction; let's take a look at two riverside New England mill towns:

Lowell, MA or Bangor, ME?

Old 12-13-2022, 07:31 AM

13,849 posts, read 8,142,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runningweather View Post
Lowell, MA or Bangor, ME?
I'd go with Bangor. I like that Maine has a reputation for being wild and rugged. It's the only state east of the Mississippi River I've never visited, and I'd love to check it out.

Manchester, New Hampshire or Birmingham, Alabama?

Old 12-13-2022, 08:39 AM

9,741 posts, read 9,533,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I'd go with Bangor. I like that Maine has a reputation for being wild and rugged. It's the only state east of the Mississippi River I've never visited, and I'd love to check it out.

Manchester, New Hampshire or Birmingham, Alabama?
Manchester due to less crime and better job opportunities. I would like to be in a more progressive region overall.

Plano, TX or Florence, KY?

Old 12-13-2022, 09:45 AM

4,446 posts, read 4,362,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Manchester due to less crime and better job opportunities. I would like to be in a more progressive region overall.

Plano, TX or Florence, KY?
Plano TX. Florence is a decent Cincy suburb, but I just prefer the more urban high end feel of Plano.

Auburn CA or Longmont CO?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City